16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi sorry if i have to write in here i dont know if im in the right page to put this but any way im in a k1 visa and already been married for a year and i already got a 2 year green card...i think our marriage aint good no more..im stress of everything of how my husband treat me..he dont treat me like a wife..he works in a construction and always go home 9 or 10 at nights..and when its friday saturday night he always go to his friends house coming home 4 or 5 in the morning and wont even text me whre his at sometimes he wont come home from work and just come home in the morning while im watching his kids from her ex gf before..i cant take it any more i just wanna move out here and live with my other filipina friend ..but i only got a 2 yr gren card...what can i do....if i leave my husbad is it possible that i can just file my own for my 10 yr green card...or would it be a problem since my husband is my sponsor...please help me :-(

You can file ROC on your own based on a bona fide marriage and divorce. Read over the I-751 instructions. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Inquirer is no longer K-1, past AOS-phase, marriage issues~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Op...just be sure you have proof of bonafide marriage and all paperwork. Be sure you have copy of joint lease and joint bank accouny and taxwa filed to gether

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi sorry if i have to write in here i dont know if im in the right page to put this but any way im in a k1 visa and already been married for a year and i already got a 2 year green card...i think our marriage aint good no more..im stress of everything of how my husband treat me..he dont treat me like a wife..he works in a construction and always go home 9 or 10 at nights..and when its friday saturday night he always go to his friends house coming home 4 or 5 in the morning and wont even text me whre his at sometimes he wont come home from work and just come home in the morning while im watching his kids from her ex gf before..i cant take it any more i just wanna move out here and live with my other filipina friend ..but i only got a 2 yr gren card...what can i do....if i leave my husbad is it possible that i can just file my own for my 10 yr green card...or would it be a problem since my husband is my sponsor...please help me :-(

Have you tried talking to your husband to let him know how you feel and to find out what the issues he has are? I hope things work out for you.

e49zd36va.png
08/09/12 - Married in Lagos, Nigeria
USCIS:
10/23/12 - I-130 Delivered/USCIS Priority Date

01/17/13 - NOA2 Date (85 days)
NVC:
02/05/13: NVC Received
02/21/13: Received Case number/IIN

04/09/13: Case complete

US Embassy Lagos

XX/XX/13: Embassy received

05/06/13: Medical Completed, Need to do Sputum Test

05/15/13: Sputum Test Done - Now the dreaded 8 week wait

06/13/13: Interview Date - Postponed pending results of Sputum Test

07/26/13: Received Medical Report - Negative Result for Sputum Test; sent request to get interview rescheduled
08/21/13: Interview scheduled - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10/15/13: Medicals Expire

10/21/13: Congressional Inquiries/Requests for Assistance

10/29/13: Hubby received email Administrative Processing is Complete

10/30/13: Hubby rec'd call from Consulate to drop off new medical and passport; Medical Completed

11/05/13: 2nd Sputum Done - 8 Week Wait Again!!!ranting33va.gif

01/17/14: 2nd Medical Done;Medical Report available for pickup

01/21/14: Hubby dropped off medical and passport. Consulate was closed on the 20th. Was told to pick up visa on Tuesday

01/23/14: CEAC Status says ISSUED

01/28/14: Visa in hand, paid USCIS Immigrant Fee

01/31/14: POE Houston, TX

03/04/14: Applied for SSN - Not in SAVE

03/06/14: Green Card Production

03/14/14: Received Green Card via Priority Mail

05/03/14: Received SSN - Had to wait for DHS verification

ROC

12/29/15: Express mailed I-751

12/31/15: I-751 Receipt Date

01/05/16: Fee cleared account

Timeline

This is just my advice, sit your husband down, have a list of the problems you stated, so you do not miss anything, and "just issue him an ultimatum", that he act like a loving, responsible husband or you will be leaving.,.,,just have all the necessary paperwork you need before you leave, and you can easily find the I-751 for on the www.uscis.gov web site, and print it off, and have your proof of a marriage, and your financial records.,.,.,.,give him ONE .,.,.,.,.chance to straighten up.,.,.,.HE IS NOT A HUSBAND TO YOU, nor a father to his kids, I do not know him..,..,.BUT.,.,..,,."In MY opinion is he is a bum".,.,..,.,get rid of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

sorry for the bad news i just wish you knew he would of been like this before you got to america

even though im an admirer if thr work part it sounds like he out working hard making making money to keep a roof over your head you cant argue at the too much i work in construction and its hard work with long ### hours

but the rest is bad and really sad you deserve your own life over there and you are certaintly not a mother to his although im sure you do a good job as you knew he had them before arrival and prepared for it

my honest opinion is this

you have been married a year thats nothing out of a lifetime you really have a chance to to correct things im sure he is a good guy deep down else why would you marry him

try making it work girl dont take the easy way out and leave him at the first go marriages can be hard but if you love someone and you moved all that way then try hard to make him see your hurting just so it doesnt look like you went there with america in you mind like some do

if the prob carries on then yes leave him file divorce and get your green card but give it a chance with him we all make mistakes sometimes its the mens that are highlighted the most

but give it one go sit him down and say things have to change but if not and it doesnt work i wouldnt be going out to find another american to marry

thats my honest opinion

sorry if you disagree

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is just my advice, sit your husband down, have a list of the problems you stated, so you do not miss anything, and "just issue him an ultimatum", that he act like a loving, responsible husband or you will be leaving.,.,,just have all the necessary paperwork you need before you leave, and you can easily find the I-751 for on the www.uscis.gov web site, and print it off, and have your proof of a marriage, and your financial records.,.,.,.,give him ONE .,.,.,.,.chance to straighten up.,.,.,.HE IS NOT A HUSBAND TO YOU, nor a father to his kids, I do not know him..,..,.BUT.,.,..,,."In MY opinion is he is a bum".,.,..,.,get rid of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can't call him a bum when you dont know him

2 sides to every story

and a bum means he lazes around all day doing jack

him working his ### off for her to have money to enjoy america is not being a bum

he has to work on being with her more during his free time and being a better husband

and if she leaves him first go around without working hard to make changes with him

just goes to show all she wanted was a green card to america

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I agree with chrisclassic.

You could also get a job and work same hours, his kids aren't yours. I can understand wanting to hang out with friends on your off time. It's a balance and maybe you need more then he can give you at this moment in life. Ultimatum is a bad idea, anyone that does that I let go. First it shows your inability to understand and compromise. Plus your telling him choose between his friends or you. That's extremely unhealthy, would you leave all your friends?

Lets focus on work at the moment.

He's working long days, you said morning to evening. Probably 12 hr days, he's doing this to support his family. He has 2 days off? If so, create something fun for everyone to go do or join him with his friends.

However, you should have known about the kids and the lifestyle before marriage....if it wasn't right for you why did you marry?

Filled AOS/AP/EAD: 2014-04-09

Biometrics: 2014-05-08

AOS approved for interview: 2014-06-24

AOS Interview: 2014-07-30, Approved.

GC received: 2014-08-11
ROC Sent: 2016-04-29

ROC packet received at California Service Center: 05-02-16

NOA1 (Received 05-13-16): Letter dated 05-02-16
ROC Biometrics: 2016-06-02

Filed for Re-entry permit: 2016-06-03

Re-entry permit biometrics: 2016-07-14

Re-entry permit approved: 2016-12-07
Re-entry permit received: 2016-12-10, Only got 6 month re-entry permit????
ROC Approved: 2017-02-09

Timeline

ChrisClassic.,.,.you obviously cannot read the English language, I said, "In MY OPINION" and I stand by my opinion.,.,.I am entitled to it, and so are you! I do not blame this gal.,.,taking care of ""HIS"" kids while he is out running around 24/7.,.,.,.it is as I said, MY opinion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I also agree with chrisclassic have you tried counseling? Try everything before terminating the marriage, sit down and speak with him, just have a talk see where it goes. I know the people that are working where I live to build houses are here at sunrise and some days I hear hammering till 9 at night and see electrical vans till midnight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.