Anna Grant

How to request to expedite your EAD based on a job offer

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for posting this. I've seen a few jobs im pretty sure it get and it kills me to pass them up because i can't work yet. It's good to know that once i get everything sent in i can try my luck if the perfect position comes along.

We moved in June for my wife's new job but haven't been able to get our own place again yet. Had to pay for the move, then a wedding, then immigration fees, and international student fees. I wish I could contribute. :(

We are living with the in-laws at the moment and its driving me CRAZY. Im pretty sure 90% of people would agree that its hardship hahaha.

06/26/2013 - DOMA struck down
07/12/2013 - Got married!!

09/12/2013 (Day 0) - Sent AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
09/13/2013 )Day 1) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
09/17/2013 (Day 5) - Received USCIS Acceptance texts and emails
09/18/2013 (Day 6) - checks cashed
09/21/2013 (Day 9) - NOA hardcopies received
09/25/2013 (Day 13) - Biometrics Letter arrived. Scheduled for Oct 11
10/11/2013 (Day 29) - Biometrics Appointment completed
10/17/2013 (Day 35) - Text and email received, status changed to "testing and interview"
10/24/2013 (Day 42) - text and email received, "we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for November 26, 2013"
10/25/2013 (Day 43) - Hard copy interview notice received. Interview November 26 @ 10:30am
11/12/2013 (Day 61) - Text and Email received, EAD card/document production
11/21/2013 (Day 70) - EAD received in mail
11/26/2013 (Day 75) - interview 10:30 am. Received card production texts at 3pm!!

11/30/2013 (Day 79) - Approval letters received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks for posting this. I've seen a few jobs im pretty sure it get and it kills me to pass them up because i can't work yet. It's good to know that once i get everything sent in i can try my luck if the perfect position comes along.

We moved in June for my wife's new job but haven't been able to get our own place again yet. Had to pay for the move, then a wedding, then immigration fees, and international student fees. I wish I could contribute. sad.png

We are living with the in-laws at the moment and its driving me CRAZY. Im pretty sure 90% of people would agree that its hardship hahaha.

We live with my in-laws, and even though I really like them, I can't wait to move out and have our place! On the other hand, we are saving a considerable amount of money every month by living with them, so I am not complaining (well sometimes maybe smile.png)

On to the topic, I have recently read about several people expediting their EADs, so this will be great information for them, OP. I wish I had known this before - I had a job offered to me while I was waiting on my EAD, and I had to turn it down because of the missing EAD.

One thing I am just wondering about is now that people know they can expedite their EAD's, won't just pretty much everyone start looking for jobs and try to get a job offer, then expedite their EADs, and won't this make the whole expedite deal kind of redundant if everyone does it?

Edited by HK12

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We live with my in-laws, and even though I really like them, I can't wait to move out and have our place! On the other hand, we are saving a considerable amount of money every month by living with them, so I am not complaining (well may be sometime :))

Yay im not alone lol. I really like mine too, we have alot of fun together. but I also grew up mostly living alone, And I just need my space.

They are also very very pushy, they kind of take over my wife's life. It's very frustrating. Her mom tried to tell her that she isn't allowed to take 2 days off work next June, so we can go see our best friend who's flying in from Australia. Oh and the more we try to save, the more they make her pay for things. Her mom has made it clear that she doesn't want us to move out so i think she kinda tries to sabotage our attempts.

Haha sorry for the thread hijacking. I don't get to talk to anyone about this and get out my frustration lol.

06/26/2013 - DOMA struck down
07/12/2013 - Got married!!

09/12/2013 (Day 0) - Sent AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
09/13/2013 )Day 1) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
09/17/2013 (Day 5) - Received USCIS Acceptance texts and emails
09/18/2013 (Day 6) - checks cashed
09/21/2013 (Day 9) - NOA hardcopies received
09/25/2013 (Day 13) - Biometrics Letter arrived. Scheduled for Oct 11
10/11/2013 (Day 29) - Biometrics Appointment completed
10/17/2013 (Day 35) - Text and email received, status changed to "testing and interview"
10/24/2013 (Day 42) - text and email received, "we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for November 26, 2013"
10/25/2013 (Day 43) - Hard copy interview notice received. Interview November 26 @ 10:30am
11/12/2013 (Day 61) - Text and Email received, EAD card/document production
11/21/2013 (Day 70) - EAD received in mail
11/26/2013 (Day 75) - interview 10:30 am. Received card production texts at 3pm!!

11/30/2013 (Day 79) - Approval letters received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your experience. Several others have asked about how exactly they can file for an expedite with a job offer but no one had really given a step-by-step rundown. This should help others in the same situation.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from AOS Family-based Process to AOS Family-based Progress Forum

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Good For You, Anna ! Now get to work, la. ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I'm just wondering why this topic has been moved twice to the 'Progress' sub-forum rather than being left in the Process sub-forum where I created it. As I wrote up a guide for others to use, I would have thought it was more to do with 'Process' rather than 'Progress'! After the first time it was moved, one of the other mods must have thought it was moved incorrectly as it was moved back to 'Process' only to be moved again to 'Progress'.

Anyway. Glad that other people have found the writing up of this useful. I don't think everyone will bother to try to Expedite their EAD, so this won't become the norm.

Yes, Darnell. I will be out to work as soon as I have word that the card has been mailed. So glad to be back earning!

Just to update this, my EAD card was mailed today - so just a week after I faxed through my job offer letter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I wonder if your petition to expedite did anything to actually speed it up. At the moment people are getting their EAD approved within 8 weeks; yours was approved in more-or-less 8 weeks, if your NOA1 was on July 17th.

Edited by Alex&Amy

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I wonder if your petition to expedite did anything to actually speed it up. At the moment people are getting their EAD approved within 8 weeks; yours was approved in more-or-less 8 weeks, if your NOA1 was on July 17th.

That's probably one of the things we will never know. Looking at my timeline, it would definitely have been worth a try (only that I didn't have a job offer). I waited around 11 weeks for the approval notice and around 12 weeks for the card itself.

I'll never know but I know that things moved quite quickly once I called USCIS. With a job offer, I certainly felt it was worth doing. I also thought that if I were successful, it would be useful for other people (I had seen a few posts where people had said they were successful but hadn't said how they had done it)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We moved in June for my wife's new job but haven't been able to get our own place again yet. Had to pay for the move, then a wedding, then immigration fees, and international student fees. I wish I could contribute. sad.png

i am also living with in law and are going crazy,. cant afford to move out due to not aloud to work yet,,

Adjustment of status after K1 visa ClockWatch2.gif

2013-08-12 (Day 1 ) - Sent my Aos package for work permit and green Card

2013-08-20 (DAY 8) Noa1 received via Text around 11pm, next day was email. Received my case numbers

2013-08-23 (Day 11)- received hard copy in mail for Noa1 gc , Work permit

2013-08-30 (Day 18) Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

2013-09-17 (Day 25) biometrics appointment day @2pm Detriot

2013-09-25 (Day 33) received text and email , I485 changed to testing and interview

2013-10-02 (Day 40) received text message and email @7am about my interview date

2013-10-04 (Day 42) Received hard copy interview letter in the mail

2013-10-10 (Day 48) Work permit Card in production

2013-10-16 (Day 54) 2nd Text and email @830am Work permit in Production

2013-10-21 (Day 59) text/email notice 10am . Work Permit sent

2013-10-21(Day 59)Text/ email @9pm received text with tracking number -2 day delievery

2013-10-24(Day 62) received my work permit in the mail.

2013-10-25 Filled for my Social Security number today

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Interview November 5th (1.40pm)...... APPROVED!! kicking.gif

2013-11-05(Day 74) Text and Email - Green card in Production @2.30pm

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Text and email @8.15pm Mailed notice that i am a registered permanent resident

2013-11-07 (Day 76) 2nd Text and email @11.30am - green card in production

2013-11-09 (Day 78) Welcome letter received - WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

2013-11-12 (Day 81) - Received text and email - Green card sent @1.15pm

2013-11-12 (Day 81) @9pm received text and email - with UPS tracking number - For Green card

2013-11-15 (Day 84) Green card Received dancin5hr.gif

event.png

event.png

Just a final update on this.

I received my EAD card in the mail this morning. It was mailed last Monday and only made it as far as Knoxville, TN by the end of that day. It then didn't move at all, despite it being due for delivery on Wednesday. The USPS site says that you can't start querying the delivery for 5 days (priority mail is no longer guaranteed 2 day delivery).

However, I called on Friday. I found a really useful website which tells you how to call USPS and speak to a 'human' (on the normal USPS phone line you just go round and round the messages). This is the website - http://gethuman.com and here is the link for USPS - http://gethuman.com/phone-number/USPS-US-Postal-Service/ It definitely worked (the name of the website makes me think that it is something that Darnell would set up!).

So. Now able to work. Yeah!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I so miffed someone stole my taglines.

And that's ok, for now.

Yay Anna ! Get to work, la .. .Hurry Hurry !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.