abezyo

The end of my journey...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello VJ. It has been a while. Been going through a lot of things. Its a long story of I thought the woman of my dreams was all she is...but something changed. She didn't cheat or anything...but I guess we kind of mutually agree without communicating maybe we should go separate ways.

Thank you all VJ for your help and guidance. I def. help people out when they ask me questions about immigration and look on here. And Ill still be around here :).

My question is:

We went through an immigration firm called Nahda in Jordan. Should I call them and ask them to cancel everything? We were at the part where I received 2 checklists about the AOS. And then im sure case would have been completed after. But what should I do next? And does she have any chance of finishing the whole process herself?

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from IR1/CR1 Progress to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Inquiry about next immigration steps after relationship demise~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello VJ. It has been a while. Been going through a lot of things. Its a long story of I thought the woman of my dreams was all she is...but something changed. She didn't cheat or anything...but I guess we kind of mutually agree without communicating maybe we should go separate ways.

Thank you all VJ for your help and guidance. I def. help people out when they ask me questions about immigration and look on here. And Ill still be around here smile.png.

My question is:

We went through an immigration firm called Nahda in Jordan. Should I call them and ask them to cancel everything? We were at the part where I received 2 checklists about the AOS. And then im sure case would have been completed after. But what should I do next? And does she have any chance of finishing the whole process herself?

How would she finish the process yourself if she was coming as your immediate relative? And also you have to prove the relationship to get this visa. What would be the purpose of issuing the visa to her?

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

How would she finish the process yourself if she was coming as your immediate relative? And also you have to prove the relationship to get this visa. What would be the purpose of issuing the visa to her?

Well she thats the thing. Her uncle lives here in America and said he would co-sponser. Im wondering if they can group together and finish the process themselves and pay for everything without me acknowledging it and still coming as my wife. As you see we are deep into the process and was almost done. And also we go through this immigration firm that talks with her because she lives in Jordan. Im going to call them and cancel it. Just asking any advice?

USCIS

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you guys are no longer husband and wife she cannot get CR1 / IR1, her uncle cannot sponsor her for that if she still goes for her interview and claims you two are together that will be fraud.

If you guys have decided to end the process as a USC it will be your responsibility to inform USCIS about the change and withdrawal of your application.

The company is Jordan might / might not report it to consulate but it would be your job to inform them USCIS here and it would not be a bad idea to write them a letter as well so you would have proof and you cannot be held liable as her sponsor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

are you seeking to divorce your wife ?

are you seeking to cancel spousal immigration process?

this 'crossing the streams' with an Uncle and unresolved divorce thing just doesn't wash, anywhere. Unless, of course, all parties seem willing to participate in Visa Fraud.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread reopened -- it's been pointed out that the OP is seeking to prevent the soon-to-be-ex-wife from committing visa fraud. If this is true, the OP should proceed as recommended, as soon as possible. ***

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

basically everyone is saying NO you can not let her continue with her uncle on your petition.

last choice is to begin postponing the process to see if things can change and you keep your place in line.. you can do so for a year at nvc and then additional extensions at the embassy for another year, four months at a time just a thought

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Timeline

Yeah I have talked to the place overseas and told them to hold everything for the moment. I have hired a lawyer over in Jordan and hes advising me on what to do at the moment. I was not trying to commit any visa fraud lol. I was asking how can I stop it? But i went ahead and got a lawyer.

USCIS

NVC

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all VJ for your help and guidance. I def. help people out when they ask me questions about immigration and look on here. And Ill still be around here smile.png.

My question is:

sorry to hear that. sounds like you were a victim of marriage fraud, and she simply married you to obtain a visa and then left.

it has happened to a lot of people. you are not alone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

for 'how to stop it'

that's easy.

currently - you have an checklist letter on the AOS - something was missing.

IMO - send off an email to nvcinquiry@state.gov

subject: <<consular casefile #>>, WITHDRAWAL, Supervisor Review

then in the body,

give the biodata on the case , (that's your full name, her full name, both DOBs)

and

a smallish paragraph detailing that you want to withdraw the I-864, and stop the visa application process due to imminent / eminent divorce .

Then ya wait until you have an email back from NVC.

Do nothing to respond to the checklist, btw.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks Darnell. Thats what ill do! :)

USCIS

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.