edz eds

PACKAGE FROM NVC MISROUTED TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Guys, I need help!!!! My visa status is now READY - for Medical Exam and Schedule an Interview. But my big problem is, it was sent to a different country where I am in. My case was sent to Philippines when I am currently working here in Thailand. Please help. So confused with what to do. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. sleepy.gif

When you filled out the I-129f where did you say you wanted the interview? Do you have some type of work visa or some other type of visa to prove you are legally in Thailand? One of Pui's friends from the Philippines interviewed in Bangkok and received her visa back in 2011. She had a work permit for being in Thailand.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys, I need help!!!! My visa status is now READY - for Medical Exam and Schedule an Interview. But my big problem is, it was sent to a different country where I am in. My case was sent to Philippines when I am currently working here in Thailand. Please help. So confused with what to do. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. sleepy.gif

Two choices. Contact NVC and start the process for the petition file to be moved from the Philippines to Thailand embassy. Or, fly back to the Philippines and complete the process there. The later may be annoying but more than likely quicker, I read of one other where this happened and it took months for the file to be transferred to another embassy.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

When you filled out the I-129f where did you say you wanted the interview? Do you have some type of work visa or some other type of visa to prove you are legally in Thailand? One of Pui's friends from the Philippines interviewed in Bangkok and received her visa back in 2011. She had a work permit for being in Thailand.

When we filled out I-129F form, it was stated on item#20 that I wanted Bangkok, Thailand consulate to have my interview. And also, my current address is Thailand. Yes, I am on a working visa, since I work as a teacher at a government school here in Kanchanaburi.

What was your NVC number?

The first 3 letters?

MNL**********

When we filled out I-129F form, it was stated on item#20 that I wanted Bangkok, Thailand consulate to have my interview. And also, my current address is Thailand. Yes, I am on a working visa, since I work as a teacher at a government school here in Kanchanaburi.

MNL**********

The MNL number was one that should have had corrected immediately at the NVC. That's the first 3 numbers for the Manila Embassy.

You have the choices as stated Hank. Either go back to the Philippines to have your interview there or call the NVC and have them reroute your package to Bangkok. You should get a new NVC case number that starts with BNK if you do the second route.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Two choices. Contact NVC and start the process for the petition file to be moved from the Philippines to Thailand embassy. Or, fly back to the Philippines and complete the process there. The later may be annoying but more than likely quicker, I read of one other where this happened and it took months for the file to be transferred to another embassy.

F contacted NVC again today. The rep said that they will look into it and once proven that it was a mistake on NVC'spart, they will send a request to move the petition file from Philippines to USEM Thailand. For how long, I have no idea. F doesn't want me to go home yet since if in case changes will be made, it will just delay the process more.

It's a good idea to find out where the case will be first I agree.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

The MNL number was one that should have had corrected immediately at the NVC. That's the first 3 numbers for the Manila Embassy.

You have the choices as stated Hank. Either go back to the Philippines to have your interview there or call the NVC and have them reroute your package to Bangkok. You should get a new NVC case number that starts with BNK if you do the second route.

On August 19th, my petitioner called the NVC and he was given the case number. On our submitted form, I have specifically indicated that I since I am working as a teacher here in Thailand, I want my interview to be held in USEM Bangkok. However, to our surprise, my fiancé was given a Manila Case number. We informed the NVC call center representative that there was a mistake and she even confirmed that, indeed, the addresses on the submitted form is in Thailand and she made a request to have the case number changed already and advised us to call after 10days for the possible change.
When we checked the Visa Status at CEAC, it showed that the case was still at NVC, so we thought there was a good chance to make the changes right there. My fiancé called NVC again on August 20th to inquire about the progress of our case. The representative said that it was currently under review & an appropriate action will be taken once the review is completed.
Last August 22nd, when we checked CEAC website again, our case status was "READY" and the file was shipped to the Philippines already. We couldn't believe it because we called them 2 days in a row to make sure it is going to be sent to USEM BANGKOK while the file was still there. When my fiancé called NVC call center the third time, he was advised to contact the involved embassies directly. Seems to me these representatives need more training.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

F contacted NVC again today. The rep said that they will look into it and once proven that it was a mistake on NVC'spart, they will send a request to move the petition file from Philippines to USEM Thailand. For how long, I have no idea. F doesn't want me to go home yet since if in case changes will be made, it will just delay the process more.

Well if you have already put a request in with NVC the for sure sit tight.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On August 19th, my petitioner called the NVC and he was given the case number. On our submitted form, I have specifically indicated that I since I am working as a teacher here in Thailand, I want my interview to be held in USEM Bangkok. However, to our surprise, my fiancé was given a Manila Case number. We informed the NVC call center representative that there was a mistake and she even confirmed that, indeed, the addresses on the submitted form is in Thailand and she made a request to have the case number changed already and advised us to call after 10days for the possible change.
When we checked the Visa Status at CEAC, it showed that the case was still at NVC, so we thought there was a good chance to make the changes right there. My fiancé called NVC again on August 20th to inquire about the progress of our case. The representative said that it was currently under review & an appropriate action will be taken once the review is completed.
Last August 22nd, when we checked CEAC website again, our case status was "READY" and the file was shipped to the Philippines already. We couldn't believe it because we called them 2 days in a row to make sure it is going to be sent to USEM BANGKOK while the file was still there. When my fiancé called NVC call center the third time, he was advised to contact the involved embassies directly. Seems to me these representatives need more training.

I agree with you. If you call the NVC again ask to speak to a supervisor and explain this issue!

Timeline

I agree with you. If you call the NVC again ask to speak to a supervisor and explain this issue!

Will definitely do that if we still don't have a positive feedback come Monday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to US Embassy an Consulate Discussion- topic involves that phase and getting case to correct consulate ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.