Harpa Timsah

Bradley Manning: I want to live as a woman named Chelsea

20 posts in this topic

Bradley Manning: I want to live as a woman named Chelsea

CTM_0815_Manning_620x350.jpg

Army Pvt. Bradley Manning has apologized for leaking sensitive documents about the U.S. war in Iraq to the Web site WikiLeaks. At his court martial, the former army intelligence analyst said his actions hurt the U.S. Norah O'Donnell reports.

FORT MEADE, MD.Bradley Manning plans to live as a woman named Chelsea and wants to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible, the soldier said Thursday, a day after being sentenced to 35 years in prison for sending classified material to WikiLeaks.

Manning announced the decision in a written statement provided to NBC's "Today" show, asking supporters to refer to him by his new name and the feminine pronoun. The statement was signed "Chelsea E. Manning."

"As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible," the statement read.

Manning's defense attorney David Coombs told "Today" in an interview that he is hoping officials at the military prison in Fort Leavenworth, Kan., will accommodate Manning's request for hormone therapy. [...]

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57599677/bradley-manning-i-want-to-live-as-a-woman-named-chelsea/

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

well he will be very popular in the db now.....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Is this guy an attention ####### or what?

AOS for my husband

ROC:

This is him article-wikileaks-0814.jpg

He says his gender struggles in a hostile environment forced him to leak.

Cause he wanted attention and to be liked, I presume.

Why the #### did he join the army in the first place?

who is going to foot the bill for the hormone therapy??

Not the fed. So, no one.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is him article-wikileaks-0814.jpg

He says his gender struggles in a hostile environment forced him to leak.

Cause he wanted attention and to be liked, I presume.

Why the #### did he join the army in the first place?

Not the fed. So, no one.

He joined in order to be surrounded by fit young males I guess. 

If he will pay for the therapy himself, fine. I don't give a flying **.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

He figure spending 35 years in a female wing is much better than in the male wing

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

It's very odd, but I am sure he didn't just 'decide' he was more female than male because of the prison system. He wouldn't get away with it if he did, gender reassignment is not just undertaken because someone says one day they would like to be of the opposite sex.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Looks like they need to do a better job deciding who should get a security clearance.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.