be.with.you

Expedite application how and when?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey you all, sorry for opening another topic already!

I have tried it through the search function but havent found anything yet, so I ll try it here. My fiance s health conditions are getting worse (military; suffered brain injury) and his unit decided he can no longer live alone. We are about to file for the k1 visa and i wondered if we have any chance of getting an expedite evaluation and how exactly to do this. Should we send it in with the petition or send another letter later or call the hotline? Is there any form for it or any special procedure? I am a little lost right now

Thank you all again!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I think people in the military end up having an expedite application at times. Maybe if you added some extra sheets explaining why you need to move with him as soon as possible it would help. Or making photocopies of possible medical visits he had and whatnot. My guess is, if you request for one, and send enough proof maybe you'll get lucky with it?

Anyway, I did a quick search oh Google and found this: http://www.gofianceevisa.com/2012/06/08/expedite-k1-fiance-visa/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Military Discussion forum in hope of insights from that standpoint. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there.. my fiance is in the Navy and we had our application expedite. NOA 2 on August 12 (we are just waiting for our Manila case number to have medical and interview)

so to answer your question, i think you are eligible for an expedite (since he's in the military and with his health condition)

when you send your I-129f application, attach a letter stating why you are asking for an expedite, a copy of his military id, and proof of his medical conditions (better if you also attach a letter from his superior about an advice of him not being able to live alone and badly needs you sort of stuff like that)

if you have any more question, dont hesitate to email me at marycris_28kit@yahoo.com

hi there.. my fiance is in the Navy and we had our application expedite. NOA 2 on August 12 (we are just waiting for our Manila case number to have medical and interview)

so to answer your question, i think you are eligible for an expedite (since he's in the military and with his health condition)

when you send your I-129f application, attach a letter stating why you are asking for an expedite, a copy of his military id, and proof of his medical conditions (better if you also attach a letter from his superior about an advice of him not being able to live alone and badly needs you sort of stuff like that)

if you have any more question, dont hesitate to email me at marycris_28kit@yahoo.com

hello, may i ask you what was the reason of your expedite?

thanks much

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

Timeline

Please fill out your timeline as it will help people formulate a specific reply to your situation. Have you even started your application process? If so, have your recieved your NOA1 yet? If so, call the military helpline to request an expedite, when I did I recieved an email response later the same day requesting documents to verify my expidite. Since I was requesting my expedite due to an upcoming deployment, I sent in my "Notification of Deployment Selection" letter, and a cover letter explaining my request. For you, I'd include a cover letter, again explaining the reasons for expedite, a letter from his Commander, and a letter from his doctor (or a medical evaluation if available). I received my approval notification the next day.

Timeline

hello, may i ask you what was the reason of your expedite?

thanks much

hi, we requested expedite due to military deployment. but he wasnt able to comply with RFE because he went underways that's why it took us 3 months to have the NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you so much for your responses! I m sorry I guess I didnt make it clear, of course I had red the requirements and I was just hoping for anyone having previous experiences with filing for an expedite (because of medical conditions) while being in the military :)

Please fill out your timeline as it will help people formulate a specific reply to your situation. Have you even started your application process? If so, have your recieved your NOA1 yet? If so, call the military helpline to request an expedite, when I did I recieved an email response later the same day requesting documents to verify my expidite. Since I was requesting my expedite due to an upcoming deployment, I sent in my "Notification of Deployment Selection" letter, and a cover letter explaining my request. For you, I'd include a cover letter, again explaining the reasons for expedite, a letter from his Commander, and a letter from his doctor (or a medical evaluation if available). I received my approval notification the next day.

As I mentioned we are about to file for a K1 visa, havent sent it off yet but all documents gathered (just waiting for one more thing). Thats why I wondered if I should ask for an expedite in the initial filing or send it in and THEN call the hotline and ask for it/send it all in? I m worried that if we "just" attach it to the initial filing they arent even opening it earlier because it doesnt say EXPEDITE on the envelope or anything? I m sorry does anyone get what I m trying to say its so hard to explain for me right now :/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello every one

i have a question, we did expedite for K1, we received an e-mail from them asking for evidence for expedite, we faxed them the evidences on the 9 of September but we still did not hear from them.

does anybody know how long it usually takes them to get back to us?

thanks

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm in the military and I call hotline to request expedited k1 processing due to my health and military status. They requested medical records and my orders. Fews weeks later our case was approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.