getcr1

What is the earliest I would receive my interview after biometrics for N400?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

I just did my biometrics, and had to do it early as my original date for my biometrics was while I was away. I was able to do a walk-in for my biometrics early, but am worried that I will receive my interview prior to me coming back on my trip. I did my biometrics today, and am scheduled to come back around the beginning of the 2nd week of Sept. Will I be safe? I took a look at the N400 timelines, and while most seemed to be 1.5 months to up to 6 months even, I thought I saw a couple that only had 21 days or 11 days in between the biometrics date and the interview date.

I also saw online, that some people said that once you receive letter for the interview (after biometrics), it shouldn't be less than 30 days from receiving the letter for the interview in which case I would be okay. Is this true? And if not, can people change their interview date?

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

It all depends on how busy your local office is, nobody can tell you how long it will take because we don't know how busy your office is. I hope you will get your interview after your vacation, start memorizing your answers though.

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I just did my biometrics, and had to do it early as my original date for my biometrics was while I was away. I was able to do a walk-in for my biometrics early, but am worried that I will receive my interview prior to me coming back on my trip. I did my biometrics today, and am scheduled to come back around the beginning of the 2nd week of Sept. Will I be safe? I took a look at the N400 timelines, and while most seemed to be 1.5 months to up to 6 months even, I thought I saw a couple that only had 21 days or 11 days in between the biometrics date and the interview date.

I also saw online, that some people said that once you receive letter for the interview (after biometrics), it shouldn't be less than 30 days from receiving the letter for the interview in which case I would be okay. Is this true? And if not, can people change their interview date?

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Hello

what is your Eligibility date or 3 /5 year anniversary ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There is usually 4-5 weeks between when you receive the interview letter and the time of the interview. If they haven't sent it our yet I don't think you have to worry. People who get letters next week won't have their interviews until around early October.

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.