10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Does anyone use Western Union on a regular basis? Last night after I sent money, I received a call from WU stating I needed to go claim my refund and that I am no longer allowed to use Western Union. I called three customer service agents, and the supermarket where I send money also called, and they all said they cannot disclose why I have been blacklisted. They said they would consider reactivating my account if I submit tax returns, mortgage payments, loan information, and proof of "why I have interest in country I send money to."

I would like to know if I can report this somewhere, or if WU has the right to cut someone off without providing a reason. I think my phone number and address have been blacklisted too, so my husband will not be able to send money, either.

Does anyone know an alternative safe way to wire money internationally? Has anyone else been blacklisted from WU?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Does anyone use Western Union on a regular basis? Last night after I sent money, I received a call from WU stating I needed to go claim my refund and that I am no longer allowed to use Western Union. I called three customer service agents, and the supermarket where I send money also called, and they all said they cannot disclose why I have been blacklisted. They said they would consider reactivating my account if I submit tax returns, mortgage payments, loan information, and proof of "why I have interest in country I send money to."

I would like to know if I can report this somewhere, or if WU has the right to cut someone off without providing a reason. I think my phone number and address have been blacklisted too, so my husband will not be able to send money, either.

Does anyone know an alternative safe way to wire money internationally? Has anyone else been blacklisted from WU?

Cant you do it through a normal wire transfer via your bank? I could just do mine online and have it sent to my husband's account or vice versa. Maybe talk to your bank and ask? They should have a min/max amount as well as charges, but they might not be a lot at all. For me, I can send up to 3000USD and the bank only charge me 10USD for it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

My husband's family does not have access to a bank or bank account. They would probably have to travel a few hours on a bus to get to a bank. In the very rural communities, only WU is available.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Do they have access to Moneygram? That's what we have always used...and the sending fees are much cheaper than Western Union...good luck!

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I've tried various routes.. I've not had too many issues with WU other than one time when the amount was over 5000 and I had to do a wire transfer (I found it to be a hassle dealing with a foreign bank and they found it a hassle getting the funds).

One solution - and it depends on the amount of money you are sending - I sent them a PayPal debit card.. We put funds in the PayPal account and they can withdraw it at an ATM. There is a flat fee so it should not be for continuous 20 dollar withdrawals.. But the exchange rate they give is much better than WU and there is no foreign exchange fee (if I remember right)... So you stock the card, they get it from an ATM. There is a limit of 300-400 per day.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

True, Xoom all the way

I use xoom.com. It costs $5 flat fee and it's super fast/reliable. smile.png

USCIS 109 Days
Service Center: National Benefits Center

Consulate : Nicaragua
Marriage : 2012-08-18
I-130 Sent : 2013-02-16
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-02-21 (E-mail)
I-130 RFE : None (Thank God)
I-130 Approved : 2013-06-10 (E-mail)

NVC 73 Days
NVC Received : 2013-07-08
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-07-08
Pay I-864 Bill: 2013-07-12
Receive I-864 Package : 2013-07-16
Return Completed I-864 : 2013-07-17
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-07-11
Receive IV Bill : 2013-07-29

Pay IV Bill : 2013-08-08

Receive Instruction Package : 2013-08-12 (E-Mail)

Sent DS-230: 2013-08-12

*Checklist for I-864 Sent: 2013-08-2013

*Checklist for DS-260 Sent: 2013-09-10

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-09-19 (E-mail)

Nicaragua Consulate

Package 4 Interview Received: 2013-10-02

Medical Done: 2013-11-18

Interview Date: 2013-11-26

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

Second Interview Date: 2014-01-10

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued:2014-01-15

POE Date:2014-02-02

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I use Western union all the time. To China. Never had a problem Its fast and convenient. $14. And they give the convert currency fee back to my Chinese fiancée. Nicaragua is the problem. And drug money. Probably suspect you are transferring drug money. Why don't you submit the requested items. Fill out the papers. Tell them why you are sending money. And let them reactivate you. If you don't do it . That is suspect enough. Its America. Anybody can cut off anyone for any reason. They don't have to give you a reason. Its THEIR business. Submit your papers . Solve YOUR problem.

Edited by Dieseltu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.