kdg

NAO2 approval email...how do I track progress now?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum -- topic chiefly relates to tracking progress. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi St&Sv! Quick question... probably you can help me because I´m a little bit lost here... that number you are giving is the one for the NVC to call and have the new tracking number? What is exactly the DoS??? We got the NOA2, a week ago and we want to check if the papers are already in the NVC.

Many Thanks!!! smile.png

Just back from work or else I would have been able to reply to you sooner. The NVC is a part of the Department of State, and I say to contact them first because they are much easier to deal with. When I first received our notification that our petition was being shipped to the NVC, it said call the Dept of State for any questions. I basically ignored that part and just did what the guides said and contacted the NVC. So I did this several times, about 2 weeks after receiving our Noa2, and then again on the 3rd week. Each time I waited 20-30minutes listening to the same 4 or 5 messages repeating in rotation to only hear "Sir we do not have your petition, it is not in our system and you need to give it 8 weeks to reach us." After the first phone call I actually received an email saying that it was shipped to them, and so I waited a week before calling them back. Same thing, annoying wait time and messages about my time being precious (what is this lord of the rings?) and finally the same we don't have it, wait 8 weeks response and that the email is just not true/means nothing. Then I got some good advice from a fellow VJer, that said they called the Dept of State that day and were given their case number. So I did the same thing and wouldn't you know no wait time, no annoying messages. After pressing the correct keys a guy answered the phone right away, asked me a few questions and then said, "O yes sir your petition is at the NVC being proceed now and should be ready soon." Hey great news I said and here the NVC told me they didn't have it, I guess I should be getting my case number soon then. The guy said, you want the case number, here it is and the rest is history.

As for right now there is still no notice from the NVC about our case but with case number in hand I checked our status yesterday. Surprise, Surprise, it's in transit to the Embassy. So this is why I say to contact the DoS over the NVC, and so the number I gave you is for the DoS and not the NVC. You can try to call them now and find out but it will probably take about 3 weeks before it leaves for the NVC, but then again each case is different and I would definitely start calling after 2 weeks. Which is what they recommend on the guides.

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Just back from work or else I would have been able to reply to you sooner. The NVC is a part of the Department of State, and I say to contact them first because they are much easier to deal with. When I first received our notification that our petition was being shipped to the NVC, it said call the Dept of State for any questions. I basically ignored that part and just did what the guides said and contacted the NVC. So I did this several times, about 2 weeks after receiving our Noa2, and then again on the 3rd week. Each time I waited 20-30minutes listening to the same 4 or 5 messages repeating in rotation to only hear "Sir we do not have your petition, it is not in our system and you need to give it 8 weeks to reach us." After the first phone call I actually received an email saying that it was shipped to them, and so I waited a week before calling them back. Same thing, annoying wait time and messages about my time being precious (what is this lord of the rings?) and finally the same we don't have it, wait 8 weeks response and that the email is just not true/means nothing. Then I got some good advice from a fellow VJer, that said they called the Dept of State that day and were given their case number. So I did the same thing and wouldn't you know no wait time, no annoying messages. After pressing the correct keys a guy answered the phone right away, asked me a few questions and then said, "O yes sir your petition is at the NVC being proceed now and should be ready soon." Hey great news I said and here the NVC told me they didn't have it, I guess I should be getting my case number soon then. The guy said, you want the case number, here it is and the rest is history.

As for right now there is still no notice from the NVC about our case but with case number in hand I checked our status yesterday. Surprise, Surprise, it's in transit to the Embassy. So this is why I say to contact the DoS over the NVC, and so the number I gave you is for the DoS and not the NVC. You can try to call them now and find out but it will probably take about 3 weeks before it leaves for the NVC, but then again each case is different and I would definitely start calling after 2 weeks. Which is what they recommend on the guides.

Thank you so much!!!! That information is precious! The next step on my mind was to call the NVC, changing the plans now....Appreciate your help. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

What site do you use to check the status of your paperwork once it has left USCIS? I am just curious so I can make a note of it. I have my NOA2 (or my fiance does) and our paperwork has been sent to the NVC. I am going away for 2 1/2 months come September and was hoping to have my case number etc (and potentially my packet 3 - but that might be wishful thinking) before i leave. Our NOA2 was dated 22 July.

** Just found the site to check :)https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Edited by Pinkinsight

Timeline

What site do you use to check the status of your paperwork once it has left USCIS? I am just curious so I can make a note of it. I have my NOA2 (or my fiance does) and our paperwork has been sent to the NVC. I am going away for 2 1/2 months come September and was hoping to have my case number etc (and potentially my packet 3 - but that might be wishful thinking) before i leave. Our NOA2 was dated 22 July.

** Just found the site to check smile.pnghttps://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

I think you might have it all by then, it really depends on when Texas (I take it you were transferred too) gets it mailed out. I hear the London Embassy is one of the quicker ones. Just remember that tracker website will only work with the Case number from the NVC (or when you call DoS). Once you do have the case number just keep an eye on the tracker, because as of today our petition has gone from In Transit to Ready and still no word from NVC.

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks! I will give it a week or so before I get my fiancé to call regarding funding out the case number. I jumped the gun slightly (due to a misunderstanding with the doctors surgery) regarding booking my medical, but I got it pushed out to the 5th sept thankfully. At least I should have my case number by then and it wasn't a total waste if money!

You are very insightful st&sv - thanks so much for your help!

Timeline

Thanks! I will give it a week or so before I get my fiancé to call regarding funding out the case number. I jumped the gun slightly (due to a misunderstanding with the doctors surgery) regarding booking my medical, but I got it pushed out to the 5th sept thankfully. At least I should have my case number by then and it wasn't a total waste if money!

You are very insightful st&sv - thanks so much for your help!

You are welcome but apparently I need to give my eyes time to adjust when I wake up in the morning, How could I confuse Australia for England! From now it's coffee first and then VJ :)

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Congrats!

Met in person : 2009-02-24
Second visit : 2010-03-12
Married : 2012-07-17
I-130 Sent : 2013-01-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-01-28
NOA2 : 2013-05-16

NVC Received : 2013-06-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2013-06-25
Return I 864: 2013-06-26
Return DS 3032: 2013-07-01

Genesis 2:22-24
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Forgive my ignorance, I have tried searching to find the answer!

Rather than wait for the hard copy to arrive, now we know we are approved I read in the forums of people saying they have seen that the paperwork has been sent to NVC and when it is sent on to London. Can someone tell me how I can find this please?

We are hoping for a Thanksgiving wedding and I have already downloaded and completed all the forms needed for London, have my Police certificate and vaccinations.....when can I start the ball rolling and call someone to get a case number, and know that my case is on its way to London so I can book an interview for my medical??!!

Thank you so much, - so excited today after 171 day wait for approval! smile.png

We got approved July 3rd... Then it took about a week to get a hard copy in the mail saying that it was sent to NVC... On July 24 I got an email saying that the approved petition was sent to the embassy. So all that happened within about two weeks... Now I'm waiting for the embassy to contact me. I have all the documents required ready - police certficate, medical examination, evidence of financial support, letter from employer, banks etc...

Does anyone know how long it will take since the petition gets to the embassy to get the interview date (with all the documents ready)?

K1 PROCESS: AOS:

April 1, 2010 met in person in Czech Republic                                                   Sept 15, 2013 applied for SSN

May 2010 my first visit in USA                                                                            Sept 23, 2013 recieved SSN

June 2010 I spent 3 months in USA                                                                   Sept 26, 2013 Tdap, MMR vaccines

December 2010 my fiancé came over fo X-mas                                                 Sept 27, 2013 flu shot, Tb test

January 2011 I spent 1 month in USA                                                                Sept 28, 2013 blood test

March 2011 I spent 2 weeks in USA                                                                   October 1, 2013 I-693 completed

June 2011 I spent 3 months in USA                                                                    October 2, 2013 AOS sent

October 2011 I spent 2 weeks in USA                                                                 October 7, 2013 check cashed

December 2011 my fiance came over for X-mas                                                 October 10, 2013 NOA1

January 2012 I spent 1 month in USA                                                                 October 21, 2013 got biometrics appt.letter

February 23,2012 got B1,B2 Tourist visa                                                            November 7, 2013 biometrics appointment

March 2012 I spent 2 weeks in USA                                                                   December 6, 2013 EAD/AP approved

June 2012 I spent 3 months in USA                                                                   December 12, 2013 card mailed 

October 2012 I spent 2 weeks in USA                                                                December 14, 2013 EAD card recieved

December 2012 my fiancé came over for X-mas                                               February 21, 2014 Potential Interview Waiver Case January 1, 2013 got engaged                                                                                                                                letter received

January 23, 2013 I-129f filed                                                                               July 3, 2014 GC received

January 28, 2013 NOA1

February 2, 2013 Alien Registration Number

February 8, 2013 I spent 5,5 months in USA

June 21, 2013 petition transferred to Texas SC

July 3, 2013 NOA2 - approved

July 22, 2013 I came back from USA

July 24, 2013 package sent to NVC

July 30, 2013 medical exam

August 2, 2013 package left NVC

August 8, 2013 package recieved by the embassy

August 12, 2013 package 3 recieved

August 22,2013 interview....approved!

August 26, 2013 visa recieved

August 29, 2013 POE - JFK

Sept 12, 2013 GOT MARRIED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Congratulations!! Call NVC within the next week!! My NOA2 was July 17, and I had a LND# 8 days later! Then, since you already have the police certificate, you may book the medical to get another step out of the way.

Personally, I waited until the DoS status said 'in transit' before I had my fiance book his medical in London, just to make sure our documents would get paired up once our case gets to the embassy. My fiance just booked the medical today, and currently there is a 15 day wait, so I would like to think that is plenty of time for them to receive and process our case!!

im a lil bit lost in here..we can book medical exam before get notice from NVC after we got NOA2?

our lawyer said, they wait for case number from NVC which is content requirement for interview and med exam schedule..(is it correct?)

and they said from that letter, they will know they should file the docs via mail or email (is it correct)?

and the police certificated is for beneficiary or petitioner?

thanks for enlightened...

Hi, I just want to know how long does it take for USCIS to ship the approved petition to NVC? It's been 9 days since we got our NOA2 (sorry if I sound impatient), and we're trying to hurry everything and was rooting for an interview around mid August.

I called earlier and the lady said it could take up to 8 weeks, and I'm a bit worried. ClockWatch2.gifsleep.pngblush.png

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.