Peterson

What I Learned About Evidence

73 posts in this topic

As another example, I was told that the 'request for a provisional file' was 'obsolite' and would not be honored, so not to bother. I know how breaucracies work, and I figured it was worth a shot, (had a heck of a time finding a fax number for the Consular offices in Bangkok BTW), but I fired off 2 identical faxes and Pao got her packet 3, 4 days later!

Bill

This interests me. At what stage was the petition when you sent off the request for provisional file via fax?

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

As another example, I was told that the 'request for a provisional file' was 'obsolite' and would not be honored, so not to bother. I know how breaucracies work, and I figured it was worth a shot, (had a heck of a time finding a fax number for the Consular offices in Bangkok BTW), but I fired off 2 identical faxes and Pao got her packet 3, 4 days later!

Bill

This interests me. At what stage was the petition when you sent off the request for provisional file via fax?

The same day I got my NOA2 hard copy in the mail.

Bill

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Bill

Bill

That is great. Good on you for taking affirmative action that worked in your favor :thumbs:

So I gather only a copy of the NOA2 was required to be faxed?

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's what we provided too. I was told once by someone that every piece of documentation sent in has to be reviewed so the more you send initally, the longer it could take to process. I just figured if they wanted something else not mentioned, they would've asked for it. :blush:

Timeline

Bill

Bill

That is great. Good on you for taking affirmative action that worked in your favor :thumbs:

I used the example that is in the 'forms' section here on Visa Journey - and I just checked, I am a LITTLE off on my dates, I faxed it on Oct 30th, I got the notice DATED Nov 7 that our case had bee forwarded to the US Embassy in Bangkok from the NVC, and the envelope from the US Embassy in Bangkok was POSTMARKED Nov 6th. So I am assuming they acted on the 'Request for Provisional File" I faxed WITH a copy of my NOA2. She then got a SECOND Packet 3 when the file arrived in Bangkok.

NOTE: If you RIGHT CLICK these images in Internet Explorerer, you should get a little arrow box that will allow you to expand then to full size.

post-24791-1165176505_thumb.jpg

post-24791-1165176522_thumb.jpg

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

Bill

Bill

I used the example that is in the 'forms' section here on Visa Journey - and I just checked, I am a LITTLE off on my dates, I faxed it on Oct 30th, I got the notice DATED Nov 7 that our case had bee forwarded to the US Embassy in Bangkok from the NVC, and the envelope from the US Embassy in Bangkok was POSTMARKED Nov 6th. So I am assuming they acted on the 'Request for Provisional File" I faxed WITH a copy of my NOA2. She then got a SECOND Packet 3 when the file arrived in Bangkok.

NOTE: If you RIGHT CLICK these images in Internet Explorerer, you should get a little arrow box that will allow you to expand then to full size.

Thank you for that info Bill. I would say it is definately worth while for any member to fax a 'Request for Provisional File' along with their NOA2 if it meant a chance to receive the Packet from the consulate earlier.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank you for that info Bill. I would say it is definately worth while for any member to fax a 'Request for Provisional File' along with their NOA2 if it meant a chance to receive the Packet from the consulate earlier.

Well in a way yes (sorry to pick up an argument here...) but in a way no. Why give people something else to just torture themselves and the consulate staff about? By now anyone should be able to find out the contents of P3 and have them ready anyway, right?

Not saying it's not a good idea, but I wouldn't advocate everyone starting it up again. There's a reason it's mainly considered obsolete...

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

Well in a way yes (sorry to pick up an argument here...) but in a way no. Why give people something else to just torture themselves and the consulate staff about? By now anyone should be able to find out the contents of P3 and have them ready anyway, right?

Not saying it's not a good idea, but I wouldn't advocate everyone starting it up again. There's a reason it's mainly considered obsolete...

Well, the packet three forms posted on the US Embassy in Thailand website are not current, don't include the checklist or other information included in the actual packet 3 that gets sent out, (such as the instructions written in Thai or the most recent changes in proceedures) - and it takes time to fill out all those forms and get the all the info together. I just ignored everyone telling me not to waste my time, and it seems I did save myself a little time in doing so.

I posted a complete scan of every document we received in Packet 3 on the Thailand thread (Sawasdee2) - compare what is actually in the packet to what is posted on the website, and there's quite a difference.

I bet US Embassies STILL get alot of such requests, because so many websites out there are out-of-date and still include that in their instructions. I bet alot of attorneys who had been doing it for years, still do it too! You have to understand how breaucracies work and how 'hard' it actually is for them to change the rules - lol.

Seemed to work for me... (may not work for everyone)

Bill

PS my fiance did not get her 2nd packet 3, (the one they sent after they actually received the file from the NVC until Nov 29th...) I figure I cut or processing time by at least 2 weeks.

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thus why it is important to try and understnd how the consulate one goes through operates is so important

I am not sure what it is you have just said.......

Wouln't you agree by this point that giving the same advice regarding evidence for the I-129F to someone from Morocco as someone from the UK would be a bad idea?

Jenn,

Are you asking that of me? If so please see one of my first posts in this thread. I specifically said that I do not recommend that anyone do as I have done.

thus why it is important to try and understnd how the consulate one goes through operates is so important

:lol: I was sure what I said, I am just not sure what I typed. Second try.

That is why understanding how the consulate that one is going through operates is soooo important

So much more understandable :D

YMMV

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I posted a complete scan of every document we received in Packet 3 on the Thailand thread (Sawasdee2) -

Right. So they are available to me and anyone else who takes the trouble to find them---it's that way for most of the packets for most of the posts---at least when I was going through all this, I didn't wait for any mailed packets. And I was one of those who got a provisional file open too, so I know what you mean about getting the step up.

I just don't think it is appropriate for everyone.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

I posted a complete scan of every document we received in Packet 3 on the Thailand thread (Sawasdee2) -

Right. So they are available to me and anyone else who takes the trouble to find them---it's that way for most of the packets for most of the posts---at least when I was going through all this, I didn't wait for any mailed packets. And I was one of those who got a provisional file open too, so I know what you mean about getting the step up.

I just don't think it is appropriate for everyone.

Hehe, in my case, noone had posted such a set recently, so it was not available for me to download. I suspect what I posted will be outdated soon too.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wouln't you agree by this point that giving the same advice regarding evidence for the I-129F to someone from Morocco as someone from the UK would be a bad idea?

Jenn,

Are you asking that of me? If so please see one of my first posts in this thread. I specifically said that I do not recommend that anyone do as I have done.

Sorry, i didn't understand what you found confusing about mybackpages' statement. Apparently it was the grammar and not the meaning that was unclear to you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Sorry, i didn't understand what you found confusing about mybackpages' statement. Apparently it was the grammar and not the meaning that was unclear to you.

Yup, simply the sentence construction....

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.