Necrotica

Feeling guilty...

165 posts in this topic

Don't feel guilty. I didn't get a wedding ring either, and at times I feel a tiny bit p/oed, but at the time we were married, my husband couldn't really afford to buy me a nice ring. He did give me a really nice ( and expensive) engagement ring several years back... but ... I lost it :((.

So i just bought us these matching nice rings from ebay. We're pretty happy with them.

Losing my engagement ring is my worst nightmare! Ed bought me one that was a little bit too big, but now I have my wedding ring above it so it stays on :)

To the OP - don't feel guilty about wanting a ring, it's nice to be able to show it off knowing that your husband bought it for you. I'm sure in time he'll get you a beautiful one!

Saying all this, Ed had to buy his own ring! But I dont think it bothers him that much... He bought a tungsten one... :huh:

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back to looking at wedding rings again, and I can't help feeling like a selfish b!tch. Réjean (my Canadian fiancé) isn't going to be able to afford to get me a wedding ring. If I want one (or at least one that I can tolerate), I'm going to have to buy it myself. He can't afford one on top of the costs he's going to incur for the medical and the visa fee... plus who knows how on earth we'll get his stuff here...

I guess I'm just really disappointed. I shouldn't be... and I feel terrible that I am, but I can't help it. I should be incredibly happy that I get to bring him here and be with him... still... arrrgh.

Anyone have any tips on how to deal with it? Anyone been in the same situation? Even knowing that I'm not alone will help. :(

You say " I guess I am just really disappointed..."...ABOUT WHAT??!! He is moving his life & leaving everything he knows there to move here for YOU...and you are on here complaining about no ring? If a ring means so much to you then get yourself shopping.

Maybe you should tell this to your fiance instead of humiliating him publicly by saying how he's financially inadequate.

...Sort it out if it's that important-You buy the rings! <<<that's a tip on how to deal with it, btw.

I guess many of us in this thread fall into your so called take on 'humiliating our fiance/spouse publicly' then hu :blink: because many of us have said how it wasn't something that could be afforded. One is allowed to be disappointed despite understanding.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I'm back to looking at wedding rings again, and I can't help feeling like a selfish b!tch. Réjean (my Canadian fiancé) isn't going to be able to afford to get me a wedding ring. If I want one (or at least one that I can tolerate), I'm going to have to buy it myself. He can't afford one on top of the costs he's going to incur for the medical and the visa fee... plus who knows how on earth we'll get his stuff here...

I guess I'm just really disappointed. I shouldn't be... and I feel terrible that I am, but I can't help it. I should be incredibly happy that I get to bring him here and be with him... still... arrrgh.

Anyone have any tips on how to deal with it? Anyone been in the same situation? Even knowing that I'm not alone will help. :(

You say " I guess I am just really disappointed..."...ABOUT WHAT??!! He is moving his life & leaving everything he knows there to move here for YOU...and you are on here complaining about no ring? If a ring means so much to you then get yourself shopping.

Maybe you should tell this to your fiance instead of humiliating him publicly by saying how he's financially inadequate.

...Sort it out if it's that important-You buy the rings! <<<that's a tip on how to deal with it, btw.

I already mentioned your "tip" in my initial post. Bite me.

Thank you to everyone else that commented.

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Filed: Timeline

I'm agreeing with Tmma....obviously it bothers the OP.....this should be a private matter since they haven't obviously resolved the issues as you have Aussie (or in most cases here, it's not an issue at all, which then is a different scenario).

Most men (if not all) will want to 'do their part' in what society says are the 'obligations'....and for a couple to transcend societal roles takes both sides to be on the same page...not saying 'ok' then coming online to say how disappointed one is because the other cannot afford something.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Rings are not what the relationship is based on. They are a symbol of the love that is the relationship. If its a five cent ring out of a gumball machine its still the token of the love that is the marriage. And whoever came up with this two months salary for the ring is a nut! or one heck of a good salesman. I have cars that I drive that don't equal two months salary.

Jim

Jim and Nhi

10-2-2008 Interview in Vietnam

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-11-08 Home from Vietnam

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

6-26-08 NOA2 for I-129F and I-130

6-25-08 Congressional Expediting Approved

6-23-08 Return to Vietnam for visit

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

3-26-08 Married in Vietnam

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my rings were not the most expensive ones but my hubby picked them out all by himself and they mean a lot to me (L) but my hubby means more to me then the rings even when he is sleeping on the couch and tells me to wake him up in an hour and I tired and here it is now an hour past when he told me to wake him up and he is still sleeping :P:lol:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Some girls like material things and even though no one likes to admit that some people just really want a nice diamond ring. That's ok. But can it just wait a while until you guys are more stable? We bought white gold bands for our wedding and plan on getting new rings next year probably.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Bite you? I don't think so.

I guess many of us in this thread fall into your so called take on 'humiliating our fiance/spouse publicly' then hu :blink: because many of us have said how it wasn't something that could be afforded. One is allowed to be disappointed despite understanding.

If my "so called take" included the "many on this thread" and if I had I quoted them too; and if they had also been complaining about it and going on about the disappointment in their fiance's financial status PUBLICALLY.......Then to answer your question...YES.

I was however, responding to the OP, I had not even read YOUR response; no idea why you are taking it so personally.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Coming from a guys-perspective, i cant afford a ring right now. And just as the diamond has brainwashed the girls, it has the same effect on the guys... i feel like sh!t for it. So right now we will just buy each other some not too expensive white gold wedding bands. Also i was thinking that in the future, i can surprise her with an engagement ring. Kind of a reverse order, but i think it would be a good surprise.

but love is more important than a fancy ring anyways. :)

This is the perfect response! Matt you are such a cutie and VERY sweet too. :)

David and I have plain, matching sterling silver bands for the wedding, I bought those for maybe $20. For the engagement, he got me a silver ring with a created diamond in it, in other words its a synthetic diamond(cubic zirconia). I know in the future if I choose something else, we will get it. Seriously, you can't tell its fake and silver cleans up really well when it needs it. I get NUMEROUS compliments on this ring and I would rather spend money on our honeymoon, wedding and other expenses. I think women are brainwashed too for diamonds with media, commercials etc. I know what real love is measured by and trust me, it ain't in carats.

But I know how you're feeling. Because of the visa thing, I can't really plan a wedding, and while I don't want a huge affair, most of my friends have had nice church weddings, and nice receptions, and with all of this, we gonna be lucky to have twinkies at a diner.

:rofl:

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Timeline

If my "so called take" included the "many on this thread" and if I had I quoted them too; and if they had also been complaining about it and going on about the disappointment in their fiance's financial status PUBLICALLY.......Then to answer your question...YES.

I was however, responding to the OP, I had not even read YOUR response; no idea why you are taking it so personally.

yikes, do you guys have a bad history or something?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Material SHITE!

Go here for a good deal! I think you both can get what you want. Go to marry me or rings.

http://secure.bidz.com/main/default.asp?pr...dz.com/ht/promo

Edited by Carol&Marc

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline

yikes, do you guys have a bad history or something?

No. Not as far as I know.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

What's the deal? Tmma was offering you good and sound advice. I guess some people don't like to hear the truth sometimes. Wowzers.

Timeline

too late to edit.

When someone posts; I just say what I honestly think regardless of who the poster happens to be.....People post on a public forum expecting what? Only ONE kind response? Everyone is different with different takes on things.....

Anyway no bad history here :lol: .

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---