cjmc

Why are so many American Men connecting with Filipina's

101 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with the concensus, I never was looking for a filipina after my divorce. Ended up living in the Phils and it took a while to find the right one, but I couldn't be happier with my wife. Treat your wife good and she will love you back FOREVER!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thread reopened.
7 posts removed.
significant admin action has been taken.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

My Story- I had gotten a divorce and was in the dating game here in the Seattle area and was getting very frustrated over the opportunities.... :-(

I was whining in my office one day...crying.gif about how disappointing my options were....

One of my co-works (a Filipino Man) asked me if I had an open mind about dating....I said "yes"... so he pulls out of his pocket a picture of a Filipina that lives in the Manila area who was the cousin of a co-worker of his from his 2nd job at Costco.

So I get connected up with this lady on FB and we start communicating for hours at a time every day....I am sure you all know how that goes...... :-)

Our upfront agreement was to just be ourselves and tell all with the utmost of honesty so that we could see if we were compatible and would want to move forward in a relationship.

After a few weeks of very positive conversation, I decided I wanted to go meet her in the Philippines so I booked a flight.

It was then that she told be about her two young children......wow.gif was that ever a shock....!!!! She had deceived me...I had told her in the very beginning that I had already done the kid thing, they were raised and gone and I was not interested in raising anymore.

She had lied to me and tried to put me in a position to come and see her anyway.....her reasoning was that when we were finally together that she would be able to convince me to accept her and her kids..... "not" !!!

I was devastated over all this.....cray5ol.gif

I was talking to another very good friend of mine, Bill (My Scuba Dive Instructor from over 20 years ago) who had been very happily married to a Filipina for over 16 years. I shared with him all about what had happened....he told me that his wife (MaryAnn) might have some ideas for me...idea9dv.gif

Backing up a bit......Bill had a house here in Seattle and also one in Angeles City North of Manila. 9 years ago, he was actively teaching diving in the Philippines and asked me if I wanted to come down and do some diving....I said yes and then put together a trip with my then current girl friend and some other local divers.

So, we went to the Philippines and went diving with a group of divers that Bill had put together, little did I know at that time, my future wife was also on that trip....and was Bill's sister-in-law....dancin5hr.gif

So I was reconnected with Dahlia after 9 years and both of us have been full speed ahead with each other ever since....She had been working in Abu Dhabi for 7 years when we connected again and she agreed to fly and meet me in the Philippines so that the flight I had booked would not be wasted.

We both took a chance....we spent over a week together on the island of Palawan and had a great time...... it was heart.gif at first sight....it was not work at all to be together...it was so easy, we got along extremely well and accented each other in our personalities. I had never felt this way about anyone.....she actually cared about me in a very sincere way...I could feel it in her actions...in her touch...

True love is a two way street....and needs to be unconditional from both parties for it to work......for the first time in my life, I felt like I had true love coming back to me rolleyes.gif

After 9 days....I proposed to her in front of her whole family in Angeles City.....wow.gif was I ever hooked !!!!

As time has marched forward, our bond has only strengthened......she moved back to Angeles City from Abu Dhabi and we have been planning ever since trying to make the wedding bells happen for both of us.

This site and everyone on it have been a great help in moving us forward and we will be forever grateful to all of you.

Here's to the best results and happiness to everyone dancin5hr.gif

Cheers,

cjmc

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My story follows yours in many ways, except that my wife had died a couple years before, when I felt ready I too tried the "dating game" locally to extreme disappointment and I was ready to toss in the towel and just going riding ... solo.

I have a friend in Canada, "the barber", and he talked of how his happiest clients all seemed to be married to Filipinas, so he told me before I toss in the towel to give things one more try. And I too had a "bump" in the road with one gal from the Phils before meeting my wife.

What is even funnier is my wife was not on the dating site, her best friend had signed her up without telling her, by over time she had to tell her because of all the contacts that were piling up - and I was not one of them.

Ah the journey one takes to find happiness! :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you find a Filipina and both of you are compatible~ there is nothing like it :):):):) :) :) :) :) :)

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Opo, Siempre. My good friend at my past workplace lived in the Phils for 20 years and asked if I had ever been to the phils. I said I don't even think I know a filipino ever. We working in Korea and I tagged along for 10 days off. Hung out in the province with his family and 2 days in Manila so I got the broad view. Went back to work and told them I'm changing my address to the Phils. Next days off I was living in the PI. I knew then if I was going to get married a second time, it would be to a filipina.. Took me 3 years and some very good and some bad experiences, but finally found the love of my life..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, it isn't Filipino cooking...

My wife is a quick learner. She now knows to cook Italian dishes from my relatives and other cuisines from YouTube

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Merry one and find out. You won't regret it!

So they are all great? Never any divorces, or them playing the USC for a green card? If so, then they really are special. rofl.gif

I can see this thread turning ugly quickly as soon as some American man says something nasty about American women. eb0dfafc.gif

(I guess it already did and now it's been cleaned up and re-opened.)

Edited by Eric-Pris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.