himher

Asiana Air considering lawsuit over pilot names

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I saw the news crawler earlier today

seems it was a summer intern that 'made up the names' for that broadcast.

Sheesh.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

It's not very funny though is it? 3 young people died and more are severely injured probably due to pilot error and the news media can't stop a pathetic stunt like this?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

The Truth - I note there were higher standards in broadcast media and news, 20 years ago.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

It's apparently the consumer's fault because we need everything instantly. No time to properly fact check or even provide anything beyond sensational headlines. The media sucks.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

They never explained how this story got through. The intern was at the NTSB but I do not believe he/she originated those names. At ant rate tough schicht for the news station and I suspect they will do a better vetting job on their feeds in the future

i don't get it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

What would the charges be? Insensitivity? Racism? Feelings were hurt but no damage was done.

It was completely stupid, both to do it and the reporters not to notice.

Timeline

could be some race crime, if the laws are interpreted 'at the moment' to cover it.

Crimes against comedy. If you are going to do something like that at least have the decency to make a joke that's funny. I am not sure what actual laws have been broken if any, it's probably more of a case that the company needs to be seen to be doing something to protect its reputation than there being a case to answer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The intern needs a writing job on SNL.

My kids rolled on the floor over that news broadcast.

It's a tragic accident, but the names read on air were hilarious.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Timeline

It's apparently the consumer's fault because we need everything instantly. No time to properly fact check or even provide anything beyond sensational headlines. The media sucks.

The data came from an intern at NTSB, not any news media outlet.

Who's to question 'official data' from the NTSB? Not arguing here - I just think it's abysmal that a frickin intern working at NTSB thought to inject his/her own personal humour into this.

It is obvious that that racism against Asians and the centuries old discrimination against them continues. I think that we as a nation need to reflect on this and the Asian community needs time to heal. We need to honor these brave pilots.

Yeah, it came from some juvenile intern in the NTSB but surely someone picking up 'facts' from the NTSB would fact check it before passing it along media channels? They are so obviously fake names. Without the need for everything to be 'instant' I think it would have been and the 'joke' would have died before it was relayed further.

I can see why a kid might find such names hilarious but not an adult. It's pathetic not funny.

It would be dam funny if it were not imbedded in a report about a tragedy. I remember when SNL did the skit with Robert De Niro playing the homeland security agent reading off the "wanted" list of terrorists turned in by the "brave university students" across the nation. It was funny and that is what this list reminded me of. Wrong place, wrong time to be funny in this one.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.