Robb&Ann

Flying to interview and can’t sleep

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
So, I am on my way to Manila for our interview… no real question… my mind is just running and I need to get it out…

And it’s my birthday… ok, it was my birthday at 8am when I got on the plane… considering the situation I’m viewing these next few days all part of my ‘birthday’. If all goes well it will be the best birthday of my life.

Well, I’m stuck in Hawaii on a long layover that’s over 24 hours… ok, there are worse places to be ‘stuck’.

I’m exhausted and I can’t sleep…

I’m not nervous, I know we have all the proof they could want and more. Honestly I feel that it will be a cake walk but I’m still remaining reserved.

But I can’t sleep… I just need to get what I’m thinking out.

I don’t want to be in this hotel room. I want to be there.

All this paperwork, all the fees, the waiting, and worst of all the being forced to be apart… almost done…

Ya, I know we still have AOS to look forward to and other things with immigration… but we will at least be together…

How can I express this… when you were little did you ever have that excitement on Christmas Eve and couldn’t sleep while waiting for Santa… multiply that times a thousand.

I know some of you get what I’m saying… I would gladly walk through hell for this woman… She sure as hell don’t fit any stereotype. She is hard to define. For me she is perfect, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Every step on my life feels like it has been leading to this moment.

I don’t know… I just needed to say something.

Ok, thanks for listening to my neurotic moment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

So, I am on my way to Manila for our interview no real question my mind is just running and I need to get it out

And its my birthday ok, it was my birthday at 8am when I got on the plane considering the situation Im viewing these next few days all part of my birthday. If all goes well it will be the best birthday of my life.

Well, Im stuck in Hawaii on a long layover thats over 24 hours ok, there are worse places to be stuck.

Im exhausted and I cant sleep

Im not nervous, I know we have all the proof they could want and more. Honestly I feel that it will be a cake walk but Im still remaining reserved.

But I cant sleep I just need to get what Im thinking out.

I dont want to be in this hotel room. I want to be there.

All this paperwork, all the fees, the waiting, and worst of all the being forced to be apart almost done

Ya, I know we still have AOS to look forward to and other things with immigration but we will at least be together

How can I express this when you were little did you ever have that excitement on Christmas Eve and couldnt sleep while waiting for Santa multiply that times a thousand.

I know some of you get what Im saying I would gladly walk through hell for this woman She sure as hell dont fit any stereotype. She is hard to define. For me she is perfect, I wouldnt change a thing.

Every step on my life feels like it has been leading to this moment.

I dont know I just needed to say something.

Ok, thanks for listening to my neurotic moment.

I understand what you are saying. I haven't receive my NOA2 and i can't sleep ( yup it's 5:25 am here)

You have all the proof so don't worry. Everything will be just fine. Just envision yourself with her at home with you. The power of attraction is really strong :)

Good luck and hope to see some news after your interview. Maybe telling VJ your experience there.

:)

January 13, 2012 - Start talking
June 20, 2012 - Visit 1
September 21, 2012 - Visit 2
December 31, 2012 - Visit 3
February 20, 2013 - Visit 4 (proposal the 24th)
April 15, 2013 - Package sent
April 18, 2013 - NOA1
May 30, 2013 - Visit 5
August 22, 2013 - Visit 6
August 29, 2013 - RFE
October 4, 2013 - NOA2 (after 5 months 2 weeks 2 days)
October 9, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy
November 8, 2013 - NVC case number (after 5 weeks)
November 15, 2013 - Embassy in Lima received the case
November 29, 2013 - Visit 7
January 3, 2014 - Visit 8
January 6, 2014 - INTERVIEW APPROVEDJanuary 11, 2014 - Visa in hand
May 1, 2014 - Visit 9
May 4, 2014 - POE
June 24, 2014 - MARRIED :star:
July 29, 2014 - Sent AOS
August 6, 2014 - NOA1
September 4, 2014 - Biometrics

October 17, 2014 - Travel&Work permit Approved

December 3, 2014 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED

December 11, 2014 - Green Card in hand

September 7, 2016 - ROC sent

September 12, 2016 - NOA1
October 18, 2016 - Biometrics

October 17, 2019 - I-797C received

November 15, 2019 - Biometrics 

October 6, 2020 - Interview

November 18, 2020 - Naturalization ceremony
Ju44m5.png

8Hm5m5.png

lpi8m5.png

YOUR ALMOST THERE ROBB

JUST BE A LIL MORE PATIENT

N THTS GUD UR GNA BE AT THE INTERVIEW:)

godbless..n thnk.u for helping.me by aswering to couple of.my forums

Goodluck Rob&Ann! Will be waiting for you embassy review. I bet Ann will write your experience and I am excited to read it. Godbless you both :)

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Moved from K-1 process to K-1 progress forum~~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Well.........how did it go????????? Loool we are all waiting anxiously--- I'm sure it was easy as you thought it would be

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I know exactly how you feel, been there once and can't wait for the second round. Good luck to you..

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

Filed: Timeline

Few people get great sleep the night before an interview there, considering that interviewees start lining up at 4:30am. The fact that you came from your home country to be at the interview with your betrothed is more impressive than your being tired.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Robb - I pray you had a chance to soak in a hot tub and take some sleeping nostrum, whilst in Hawaii. a 24 hour layover can be grueling.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The Visa Journey is long and hard. I have been there trust me. How many neurotic moments I had? I lost count.

What if ... what if not ... I have been there trust me.

I always believed that there is reason why we are going through this. Every step is worth it, every one. Trust me, I know by now!

You are blessed like we were and are.

Good luck!

GC & SSN
07-05-2013: Immigrant fee - $165 - paid
12-15-2013: POE Detroit
02-04-2014: ELIS - CASE STATUS: OPTIMIZED (Case received: 01-02-2014. STATUS DETAILS: In Process)
02-11-2014: USCIS - "Your new card is being produced etc...."
02-14-2014: USCIS - Card has been picked up by USPS - ELIS is down
02-15-2014: GC delivered!
Removal of Condition
11-16-2015: I-751 Petition sent to the California Center
11-19-2015: Petition received (UPS)
11-19-2015: NOA USCIS
11-23-2015: Check of $590 (Petion Fees) cashed
12-23-2015: Biometrics
05-05-2016: RFE
08-15-2016: Interview (positive)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.