disillusioned

Address for withdrawing I-864

38 posts in this topic

Wow sorry to hear that. There is no specific address in the rule. It has been recommended to sent a notarized letter withdrawing the affidavit and explaining why the affidavit is withdrawn with as much information on the immigrant as possible to the address where the I485 was filed AND scheduling an infopass appointment to put the letter directly into the hands of an immigration officer.

Once you do this then it is recommended that all contact with the immigrant be broken off completely. You do not want to do anything that may be interpreted as mental or physical abuse.

Once you withdraw your affidavit your obligation is over and the immigrant is on their own. Good luck!

i don't get it.

Filed: Timeline

Wow sorry to hear that. There is no specific address in the rule. It has been recommended to sent a notarized letter withdrawing the affidavit and explaining why the affidavit is withdrawn with as much information on the immigrant as possible to the address where the I485 was filed AND scheduling an infopass appointment to put the letter directly into the hands of an immigration officer.

Once you do this then it is recommended that all contact with the immigrant be broken off completely. You do not want to do anything that may be interpreted as mental or physical abuse.

Once you withdraw your affidavit your obligation is over and the immigrant is on their own. Good luck!

Thank you. I made an appointment. I don't know where she is and we are not talking. I got the address from my copy of the I-485.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Best in this case to send it too many places than not enough. I would hit USCIS, the service center processing the application, make an infopass and submit there also. Maybe even contact ICE. The letter should be notarized. Better to send everywhere you can think of because she came on a K-1 and it is likely there will be no interview.

Best in this case to send it too many places than not enough. I would hit USCIS, the service center processing the application, make an infopass and submit there also. Maybe even contact ICE. The letter should be notarized. Better to send everywhere you can think of because she came on a K-1 and it is likely there will be no interview.

Can she change address with them? Won't it come to my house that is the address on all the forms.

What address for USCIS if you know?

Thank you.

Can she change address with them? Won't it come to my house that is the address on all the forms.

What address for USCIS if you know?

Thank you.

Use the one on the I485 instruction manual. It is based on where you live.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

i don't get it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

yes she can change the address and is required to do so. Most likely if you don't withdraw the I-864 ASAP she will receive her green card. This is why I recommend the shotgun approach with the withdrawl letters.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yikes.

re: address -

there are receipt notices received on the I-485 and the other forms submitted (AP, EAD)

use the address noted in the I-485 receipt notice, formletter I-797C.

----

It's also useful to DROP OFF the withdrawal letter to a local USCIS office - so get an infopass appointment and go forth.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Agreed with Darnell - make an INFOPASS asap and drop off a letter withdrawing the I-864

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OP, it is in your own long term intrest to withdraw this form ASAP. All of us here on VJ are caring and concerned for your long term well being, get this done asap! Before you end up like me worried sick over the I864 when you were the victim of fraud. If you see fit when at the infopass appointment drop at letter to the FDNS officer on duty at your local office. Read my post about reporting fraud to USCIS, hope it is helpful and you have no idea how sorry I am about your situation.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I mailed letters Monday to Chicago and National Benefits Center. Certified mail. They were delivered yesterday. I called the customer service today to confirm they got it and did it and the agent said I can't withdraw the I-864 form. I said I think I can withdraw because the card isn't issued yet. He said no he just asked that is wrong I can't withdraw it the only thing he can do is give me the supervisor. I said ok then they transferred me it said the wait was 128 minutes and they can call back if you want. So I said ok to that and I am waiting for a call.

Also I made Infopass for last Monday and the agent I saw there said they don't take the letter at the local office because the case is at National Benefits Center. He said it looks like it would be 4 to 6 weeks before it would get looked at there. But he would not take a copy just said to put it in the mail.

This is hard and they always make everything even harder. :(

Thank you.

The person you talked to probably did not realize that the case had not been adjudicated. This is the text of CFR 213 related to the affidavit of support along with the link

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-11261/0-0-0-16960/0-0-0-17008.html

(F)Withdrawal of Form I-864 or Form I-864A. (1) In an immigrant visa case, once the sponsor, substitute sponsor, joint sponsor, household member, or intending immigrant has presented a signed Form I-864 or Form I-864A to a Department of State officer, the sponsor, substitute sponsor, joint sponsor, or household member may disavow his or her agreement to act as sponsor, substitute sponsor, joint sponsor, or household member if he or she does so in writing and submits the document to the Department of State officer before the actual issuance of an immigrant visa to the intending immigrant. Once the intending immigrant has obtained an immigrant visa, a sponsor, substitute sponsor, joint sponsor, or household member cannot disavow his or her agreement to act as a sponsor, joint sponsor, or household member unless the person or entity who filed the visa petition withdraws the visa petition in writing, as specified in 8 CFR 205.1(a)(3)(i)(A)or 8 CFR 205.1(a)(3)(iii)©, and also notifies the Department of State officer who issued the visa of the withdrawal of the petition.

(2) In an adjustment of status case, once the sponsor, substitute sponsor, joint sponsor, household member, or intending immigrant has presented a signed Form I-864 or Form I-864A to an immigration officer or immigration judge, the sponsor, substitute sponsor, joint sponsor, or household member may disavow his or her agreement to act as sponsor, substitute sponsor, joint sponsor, or household member only if he or she does so in writing and submits the document to the immigration officer or immigration judge before the decision on the adjustment application.

i don't get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.