SAT

The SteveAndTiff Identity

3,535 posts in this topic

That's ridonkulous!

A couple of months ago there was a case of a woman from Belgium or Netherlands, who was supposed to pick up her friend from the airport in her country, which was like 50 miles away or something, if I remember correctly.

So she put the airport addy in her GPS, and has driven for a couple of days, till she reached Croatia, which is like 1,000 miles away rofl.gif

you'd think she'd notice after driving for over a day that she wasn't where she should be!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

That sounds lovely! I wish I had a bike. I walk with my dog every day, but biking would help me see more of the city.

How do you plan to use the shells?

I got a Huffy Beach Cruiser for $85 from Walmart to use. Hubby’s co-workers said to get something cheap because bikes don’t last in the salty air here.

As for the shells, we’ll just clean them up and put them in the lamp base. I got one that looks like this:

url

So I go to the DL office this morning, Turns out there's an issue with my SAVE db. Tomorrow (thankfully because they're only open wednesdays) I have to go to a certain DL office in which they can fix this issue. The only annoying part is having to bring all the required stuff so I'll have to make a trip to the USPS office today to get stamps and photocopies of my green card and DL. Not sure why they need my AB DL? Anyhow... It says in 2-7 weeks I'll get a letter of clearance which allows me to get the DL. I got my SSN. I have my green card and nothing is wrong on it. ####### can possibly be wrong except maybe they messed up my names like they did for hikergirl. It's not messed up on my GC tho... huh2.gif

I found on-line that Colorado now has a reciprocity agreement with Canada for DLs. This means you should only have to do the vision test.

It’s the same way here. I turn in my AB DL like an out-of-state person would and show the appropriate IDs and just like that I have a SC DL without the extra testing normally required of foreigners.

I’ll bet the doofus who input me and the teen into the SAVE DB did the same thing to you. I have to go to Charleston to get the DB fixed one of these days. :( I am getting it fixed because it apparently also screws up the e-Verify thing for future employers.

After two years here, my wife can get to two malls and her work. She has decent GPS on her phone, but prefers to call me for directions. I'll track her phone with mine and tell her where to turn.

Hubby did a road trip with his sister and her family the one Christmas. I scanned the 511 sites ahead of them to tell them about potential issues. :)

The were amazed by me.

Not sure if hubby ever told them I was tracking his phone. :P

My wife would cut my nads off if I laughed at her at that time. rofl.gif

When my wife gets lost, she gets tunnel vision. All she can see is the road directly in front of her. First time she got lost, she was driving by the airport. I asked her, now the airport is on your right, correct? Her answer I don't see an airport. The airport is huge, its miles around and she couldn't see it. Then I got her to get off the freeway, onto a side street to direct her back on a known path. So I'm asking her about the land marks and street signs, she kept saying there was no street signs, I asked her about the lake, no lake (she drove on a bridge that crossed the lake), I asked about a park, its half a mile long bordering the road she's on, nope didn't see a park either.

She drove 5 miles before she calmed down and could tell me what she was seeing. Then I could finally get her directed back on the right path. rofl.gif

Later I drove her along the path she was going, and she was laughing about missing all those huge things, airport, lake, park and how every street had a street name sign. She's gotten better now, I've trained her what to look for so I can tell her where to turn. And in worst cases she's to get off any highway and park, until we can get her direction and location worked out.

That is sweet!

And most importantly your wife knows you have her back. :D

Hubby did a road trip with his sister and her family the one Christmas. I scanned the 511 sites ahead of them to tell them about potential issues. smile.png

The were amazed by me.

Not sure if hubby ever told them I was tracking his phone. tongue.png

My wife and I can always see where each other is unless we turn our phones off or have no signal. We both have iPhones, I the 4S and she the 4. We also have an old 3GS in case one dies, we can quickly switch to the old one. The find iPhone app is really good, although it was better before they switched to their own map application.

I got a Huffy Beach Cruiser for $85 from Walmart to use. Hubby’s co-workers said to get something cheap because bikes don’t last in the salty air here.

As for the shells, we’ll just clean them up and put them in the lamp base. I got one that looks like this:

url

I was just looking at that one for my wife. How do you like it. Cheap is good because I doubt she's going to use it much. I'm just worried if it can get adjusted down to her height.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

My wife and I can always see where each other is unless we turn our phones off or have no signal. We both have iPhones, I the 4S and she the 4. We also have an old 3GS in case one dies, we can quickly switch to the old one. The find iPhone app is really good, although it was better before they switched to their own map application.

I was just looking at that one for my wife. How do you like it. Cheap is good because I doubt she's going to use it much. I'm just worried if it can get adjusted down to her height.

No complaints. The teen’s friend rode it for the two weeks she was here and just adored the seat and the fact that the pedals didn’t have toe clips. (She’s a triathlete).

Hubby is going to buy the same one but in men’s his next paycheque.

I found on-line that Colorado now has a reciprocity agreement with Canada for DLs. This means you should only have to do the vision test.

It’s the same way here. I turn in my AB DL like an out-of-state person would and show the appropriate IDs and just like that I have a SC DL without the extra testing normally required of foreigners.

I’ll bet the doofus who input me and the teen into the SAVE DB did the same thing to you. I have to go to Charleston to get the DB fixed one of these days. sad.png I am getting it fixed because it apparently also screws up the e-Verify thing for future employers.

Apparently it screws up the Colorado DL verification as well. :( It's a good thing I'm getting it fixed then too because I had Target inquiring about a job.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss