NicholasNissel

What are the chances of failing a k1 visa when we hired a US embassy attorney?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone I hope you can help me answer my questions I have been reading so much on the net about failed cases of k1 visa and I'm getting nervous.I'm just 21 years old and my fiance (an american citizen) is 31.He was never married and no kids.I have never been married and have a 1 year and 10 months old child.We applied for a K2 visa for my child too.He came to see me for a week and we stayed together the entire time.He could only stay for 1 week cause he only have 2 weeks vacation in 1 year and he already spent his other 1 week vacation while he was in the USA cause he needed to stay home and rest.We've known each other since end of year 2011 and we started talking since then on and off until year 2012 he decided to meet me that was november when he told me he was coming and he came on february 27 year 2013.We hired a US embassy attorney to handle our case via online and 3 months of gathering all information needed it is now submitted to the USCIS hoping for it to get approved.My biggest fear is to fail this application cause all we want is to be together cause we've been dying to see each other.He left March 6 2013 and I will not see him until december cause that's when he will get his vacation again.He will be with me during the interview hopefully it would be on end of december too.I need to stay calm cause I know it's still gonna be a long time but I can' t help but to wonder what may happen and it makes me read things on the net.Easyvisaweb.com is the site/name of the people handling our case.Please if you know anything about this site let me know about what you think or have experienced with them.They said we have 90% of approval.But I'm not so sure about it and 10% of chance of denial is still big.Please if you've gone through this fiance visa as me tell me about it and how it went.Oh and my son's name is under my name not his father cause we broke up before I gave birth to my son and he never met my son too.My son's birth certificate is on my name and the father is written unknown cause he wasn't present at the time of delivery.Expert and experienced people out there what do you think about my cause?How am I gonna avoid getting denied?Thank you in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

You shouldn't have any problem as long as you are 100% truthful on the application, you both are free to marry, and he could prove that he earns enough to support you and your son financially. There are some pretty straight forward reasons for a denial on the www.uscis.gov website. And some pretty straight forward requirements also. Is there something in particular that is worrying you? Also check out this page

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

A lot of pretty clear information for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Most of the members on VisaJourney have opted to do the paperwork themselves. There are forums available which discuss the pluses and minuses of hiring an attorney. As you can tell from the EasyVisaWeb video, you will still be doing all the work of collecting the information and making sure it is accurate. I don't know what kind of support they provide but personally I was concerned to see that in their video they were filling out some information incorrectly and listing an address as 'stupid drive' doesn't engender confidence. I am also not sure what an embassy attorney is or which embassy the attorney is with. I do hope your experience is a good one. There are plenty of friendly and helpful members on the VJ forums who collectively have a lot of experience. Please browse the forums and ask questions. You will find that you are not alone in this process. Best wishes to you.

Timeline

You shouldn't have any problem as long as you are 100% truthful on the application, you both are free to marry, and he could prove that he earns enough to support you and your son financially. There are some pretty straight forward reasons for a denial on the www.uscis.gov website. And some pretty straight forward requirements also. Is there something in particular that is worrying you? Also check out this page

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

A lot of pretty clear information for you.

Yes we are very truthful about our application and we truly love each other so much.Just worried cause I don't have a job and I have never worked yet in my life.I got a house and lot but it's not that much and I don't even think that they would still look at my property's papers.Do you think it can be a plus to submit this as supporting documents?In what category would it belong though?I'm just really so inexperienced and happen to fall so deeply in-love with the man who lives more than 6000 miles away from me.I'm from the Philippines and I think in every country they have different laws regarding the visa issuance.Also I've heard that if I'm just 21 it might be a problem.I'm so scared right now cause if ever we fail it on the next visit he will spend all his vacation with me and if I cannot go with him to the USA yet that means I'm gonna have to wait for another year to see him again.It's really a heart-ache.Thank you for giving me a heads up I'm gonna check on it now.

Nissel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes we are very truthful about our application and we truly love each other so much.Just worried cause I don't have a job and I have never worked yet in my life.I got a house and lot but it's not that much and I don't even think that they would still look at my property's papers.Do you think it can be a plus to submit this as supporting documents?In what category would it belong though?I'm just really so inexperienced and happen to fall so deeply in-love with the man who lives more than 6000 miles away from me.I'm from the Philippines and I think in every country they have different laws regarding the visa issuance.Also I've heard that if I'm just 21 it might be a problem.I'm so scared right now cause if ever we fail it on the next visit he will spend all his vacation with me and if I cannot go with him to the USA yet that means I'm gonna have to wait for another year to see him again.It's really a heart-ache.Thank you for giving me a heads up I'm gonna check on it now.

Nissel

If you're from Philippines and you're only 21, I believe you need a parental advice/consent letter for yourself (I think it's 25 and under).

Honestly, and attorney doesn't help your case unless you have problems so having an attorney doesn't necessarily mean you'll be fine, not having one doesn't mean you'll be fine.. it all depends on your case.

Based on your first post it doesn't seem like you should have any problems. As long as you have evidence of relationship (emails, call records, stuff like that) you'll be fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We have seen cases where the lawyers didn't include the correct information or forms and RFEs were had. Only the facts around your relationship can make a petition be denied.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Most of the members on VisaJourney have opted to do the paperwork themselves. There are forums available which discuss the pluses and minuses of hiring an attorney. As you can tell from the EasyVisaWeb video, you will still be doing all the work of collecting the information and making sure it is accurate. I don't know what kind of support they provide but personally I was concerned to see that in their video they were filling out some information incorrectly and listing an address as 'stupid drive' doesn't engender confidence. I am also not sure what an embassy attorney is or which embassy the attorney is with. I do hope your experience is a good one. There are plenty of friendly and helpful members on the VJ forums who collectively have a lot of experience. Please browse the forums and ask questions. You will find that you are not alone in this process. Best wishes to you.

It was my fiance's idea to just hire some people to do it for us so it can be more convenient for the both of us specially me that I can't go anywhere much cause of my son he is still very little and I'm kinda tangled with him it's okay though cause I love him so.This is kinda alarming :( My fiance said that if we get denied the attorney will fight for it and see other options to make our visa successful so I guess that is one good thing.But I am not sure about the other's they can do I guess not much and yes it all depends to both of us.My fiance have a good job that he loves and pays well so I'm sure he can support us when we are in the USA already.One more thing is that we don't really have much proof of support cause I do not like it.I don't want him to send me dosh for support cause I just don't feel like it's a right thing to do.But he did send me some cash to buy a phone cause I needed it when my phone broke and our case handler might call me.Thank you I will check it out too and see for more advise.

Nissel

Timeline

If you're from Philippines and you're only 21, I believe you need a parental advice/consent letter for yourself (I think it's 25 and under).

Honestly, and attorney doesn't help your case unless you have problems so having an attorney doesn't necessarily mean you'll be fine, not having one doesn't mean you'll be fine.. it all depends on your case.

Based on your first post it doesn't seem like you should have any problems. As long as you have evidence of relationship (emails, call records, stuff like that) you'll be fine.

I see..consent letter.Regarding the consent letter.I suppose it should be written,dated and signed by both parents or at-least one of them.Should it be notarized too?If you know more about this it would be really appreciated.

Okay yes we do have evidence of relationship.We chat a lot and I don't remember we ever mailed we just talk on either Skype or YM and we got copies of it from the very first time we talked.We also don't talk on the phone cause we prefer talking on the net so we could see each other too we talk atleast 4 days a week all day or all night.Another thing bothers me is that I've read other people's post who got denied their proof of relationship is very solid like they have phone records,screenshots when the guy proposed on the net and so on.

Thank you for the infos and views

Nissel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I see..consent letter.Regarding the consent letter.I suppose it should be written,dated and signed by both parents or at-least one of them.Should it be notarized too?If you know more about this it would be really appreciated.

Okay yes we do have evidence of relationship.We chat a lot and I don't remember we ever mailed we just talk on either Skype or YM and we got copies of it from the very first time we talked.We also don't talk on the phone cause we prefer talking on the net so we could see each other too we talk atleast 4 days a week all day or all night.Another thing bothers me is that I've read other people's post who got denied their proof of relationship is very solid like they have phone records,screenshots when the guy proposed on the net and so on.

Here's a thread that talks about it and where to get one. it's needed for the CFO interview: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291265-i-129f-filipino-fiance-letter-of-parental-advice/

I wouldn't worry about why other people were denied. You'll read far more approval. Make sure you have evidence from when he came to visit (photos together), evidence from the start of the relationship through to the end, I believe an "evolution of relationship" letter is good for some embassies too.

I suggest posting in the Philippines forum specifically to ask people what they took for their interview and how it went

Timeline

Here's a thread that talks about it and where to get one. it's needed for the CFO interview: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291265-i-129f-filipino-fiance-letter-of-parental-advice/

I wouldn't worry about why other people were denied. You'll read far more approval. Make sure you have evidence from when he came to visit (photos together), evidence from the start of the relationship through to the end, I believe an "evolution of relationship" letter is good for some embassies too.

I suggest posting in the Philippines forum specifically to ask people what they took for their interview and how it went

I see it sounds comforting.Thank you so much I'lll check it.I hope we will be okay.This journey is driving me crazy worrying a lot, I just can't help it..You're quotes are very helpful.Yes we have an "Evolution of relationship" letter that was written by my fiance Nick.

Nissel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.