Ex-Navy SEAL Jesse Ventura Wants To Sue Chris Kyle’s Widow

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Monday, June 17, 2013

By Beth Ford Roth

Taya_Chris_Kyle_t550.jpg?a2d45f9d51e3584

Taya and Chris Kyle

Ex-Navy SEAL Jesse Ventura filed a defamation lawsuit in 2012 against "American Sniper" Chris Kyle over an alleged bar fight in Coronado seven years ago. Today Ventura's attorneys asked a federal judge to make Kyle's widow Taya Kyle the new defendant in the case.

Ventura claims Chris Kyle defamed him in his memoir American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History.

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

In a section of his book called “Punching Out Scruff Face,” Kyle describes a confrontation with a “celebrity” at a 2006 wake for a Navy SEAL. He claimed “Scruff Face” made disparaging remarks about the war, the United States and President George W. Bush, provoking Kyle to punch him in the face.

Kyle later identified "Scruff Face" as Ventura.

As Home Post previously reported, Kyle, 38, was shot to death at a Texas shooting range last February.

The Associated Press reports Ventura's attorney, David Bradley Olsen, told a federal judge today in Minneapolis that Taya Kyle should take her dead husband's place as defendant:

ecause Ventura has a fundamental right to protect and repair his reputation. Olsen also argued Kyle’s estate will continue to profit from book sales and a recent movie deal.

However, in previous court documents, Taya Kyle's attorney wrote:

“Continuing this action will serve no useful purpose, and likely will promote public perception of Jesse Ventura as someone who has little or no regard for the feelings and welfare of surviving family members of deceased war heroes."

Source:

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2013/jun/17/ex-navy-seal-jesse-ventura-sue-chris-kyle-widow/

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

I used to think Jesse Ventura was amusing. Now it seems he's just your everyday POS.

I used to think Jesse Ventura was amusing. Now it seems he's just your everyday POS.

Ventura had his more sane days when he was with the WWF. How he was ever elected Gov. of Minnesota is beyond me.

jesse-the-body.jpg

Timeline

Strange things happen in Minnesota. They repeatedly sent Michele Bachmann to Congress for crying out loud.

Only state that didn't go for Reagan in 1984. Probably had something to do with Mondale being from Minnesota.

That election is the perfect example of why the electoral college is a bad idea. Mondale gets 40.5% of the popular vote, but 2.4% of the electoral votes. Now we have the present situation where presidential candidates only campaign in 8 or so swing states.

Sorry to go OT. I'm sure this thread will get moved to the Ulaanbataar consulate review thread since I changed the subject somewhat.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Jesse should just back down. Sure, he was a SEAL also, but he really should just back down.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Strange things happen in Minnesota. They repeatedly sent Michele Bachmann to Congress for crying out loud.

alongside keith ellison, no less.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's odd that because "the most lethal sniper in history" is dead some are upset that he's being sued?

He not only shot and killed a lot of people, he wrote a book and made money off that. I know he was doing his job, but he's bragging about killing people. I'd say at that point you're inviting problems into your life or in this case, your widows life. I'm no fan of Jesse, but if he has a case then he'll get what's coming.

My opinion is that Kyle shouldn't have bragged about punching a celebrity if he didn't expect litigation. Yes, he's dead now; like all the people he's shot at a distance. I just think we should keep things in perspective and not overlook the facts. It sounds like karma pure and simple.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That qualifies as the most f*cked up post of the year. The guy was in the military. It was his job to kill people "at a distance" Almost all killing in a war takes place at some distance unless it's some kind of hand to hand combat. I thought you were in the military? By your logic anyone that kills someone while serving their country has it coming if they're killed later in life. Ohh and as far as him making money from the book:

Kyle took none of the royalties from the book, according to his publisher, William Morrow, and DeFelice.

DeFelice said Kyle donated his royalties to the families of two Navy Seals, Marc Lee and Ryan Job, who fought alongside him in a 2006 battle that led to their deaths.

Source:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02/03/4596644/sheriff-navy-seal-and-friend-shot.html

Go crawl back in your hole.

I don't know him personally, all I know is that if he was the deadliest sniper he didn't help our global image with the title "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History"

We as a country don't ever think about what a book titled like this says about all of us in a world view. If you think it's great to brag about how lethal the US is then that's your opinion. I'm proud of his service, I just think the title wasn't helpful. I didn't read it, so I can't comment on the contents.

Don't think that I don't value what he did as a soldier just because I have a different take than you do on the lawsuit. If he donated all the money, good for him...and Jesse probably will get a piece of nothing.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

SiIssy Jesse NEVER was a SEAL , he was only attached to the SEAL unit as an equipment supply personnel.

Not true He graduated BUD/S class 68 in Dec 1970 and was part of UDT 12

Xgrnberret huh.... I bet

Edited by The Nature Boy