jr_moniz

Panicing!! IS our case lost in the mail between NVC and US Embassy London?

3 posts in this topic

I'm starting to get nervous, and very afraid something is wrong, Our case left NVC May 13th, and of all the other timelines we follow from the same country, same NOA2 approval, same NVC leaving, they've gotten their Packet three and a month later we are still waiting. I contacted the Embassy last week and they said to give it another week, because even though we were in week three, it can take 4 weeks for a case to be put into the system, but today we're at a month, and ours wasn't even put into the system, let alone issued. NVC doesn't have it, I called and confirmed for a second time it left their office may 13th. The US Embassy in London doesn't necessarily have it on their record either :(

I dont know what to do. Who I'm supposed to call? IF there really is anything I can do but sit and try not to let it tear us apart. Has anyone, or know of anyone hearing of the US Embassy in London taking so long to issue their Packet 3? Granted, my Fiance lives in Guernsey, an island of the English Channel Islands, but is technically recognized under the UK... I guess besides my pity story, I've been looking at this website http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html trying to see what my fiance needs to do when he gets back from a music festival in England. Does he download and return every copy in the download box on the side? Also, I've been hearing a lot about this checklist? What is the checklist where can I find a copy? Also, how long estimating, could it take from packet 3 leaving us to packet 4 arriving? I'm starting to FREAK because the date on our NOA2 says August 26th, 2013 and I've seen people say 6-8 weeks (2 months after them sending in packet 3 do they get interview but if we dont get our packet 3 until july, the interview could fall after august 26th. I'm so confused. Lost. Hurt. I'd love answers because I've tried spending the $20 to contact the embassy and they gave me no answers).

Summary of questions I'd love help on:

1. Why is it taking embassy so long, does it normally take more than 1 month for the embassy to issue packet three after they've received it. It's not in their system according to last week.

2. Forms.. what is a checklist.. is it one of the forms mentioned above on the link?

3. How long approximately between packet 3 leaving/medical exam to interview date.

4. what does the NOA2 deadline mean?! We have to have the final visa approval by then or we have to start over?

The petitions are sent via diplomatic pouch, so it's not lost.

It's probably that the NVC was late in sending it.

Try not to panic; it'll turn up soon.

And if you go over NOA2 deadline they will automatically extend it for you.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You may want to read this post to see what steps you can take to have your file located> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/435915-getting-approved-was-just-the-beginning-of-the-headaches/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.