MRJS

cancelled k1 now about to apply f1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi people,

I would appreciate your advice at this point I am a bit worried.

2 years ago me and my ex applied for a k-1 visa but things didn't work out and we are no longer together. At that time I only received the first letter stating that the petition as been approved with details of things I need to do and submit to the consulate but I never went ahead with it as the relationship didn't work out anymore.

Now I have admission to do my Masters in the US and I will be applying for an f1 visa.

I already have history of f1 visa denial about 6 times which was like 7 years back when I was in my home country and reason was that I did not have enough proof to return after my studies but that was a long time ago.I left my country, studied in another country and reside there for a couple of years.

Now I really want to pursue my Masters program and I worked hard to get that admission and I will be applying from the country I am currently residing.

So any chances for me?

You were denied a F1 before 6 times? And then you applied for a K-1 and cancelled it? And now you want to try for F1 again?

It sounds like you are trying to get the US at all costs.

Really, why 6 times denial?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not a K-1 process or procedure moved to student visa forums as the OP is applying for student visa.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

You were denied a F1 before 6 times? And then you applied for a K-1 and cancelled it? And now you want to try for F1 again?

It sounds like you are trying to get the US at all costs.

Really, why 6 times denial?

Yes 6 times, but that was like 7 years ago. Yes, 2 years ago. Yes

6 times denial, I had admission to study but I was denied and at the time you can reapply after every 3 months and I did, ended up denied 6 times, I had admission and a scholarship waiting. But after that many unsuccessful tries I gave up, told the school I couldn't get visa.

You might think so but no, I didn't have proper advice at the time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes 6 times, but that was like 7 years ago. Yes, 2 years ago. Yes

6 times denial, I had admission to study but I was denied and at the time you can reapply after every 3 months and I did, ended up denied 6 times, I had admission and a scholarship waiting. But after that many unsuccessful tries I gave up, told the school I couldn't get visa.

You might think so but no, I didn't have proper advice at the time.

Harpa was asking why you were denied 6 times in a row, what the reasons were for the denials.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There is always a chance, but yours are slim, very slim.Other than the 2 years being abroad then going back, what ties do you ahve to your home country? How are those ties stronger than 6 years ago?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.