BeanCamp

Understanding CEAC Status after Visa has been Approved

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am trying to understand how to intrepret the CEAC immigrant visa status check site. I have been checking it and up until yesterday it stated "Ready" with a status updateed date of our interview date. Yesterday afternoon it was updated and the date changed to june 5th 2013. Below is a copy of what it says now when I check the status. My question is, I called DOS yesterday and was told it is going through Admin Processing. However, there is not Admin processing on this site. The DOS did say all of the documents were accepted. Could anyone share what their experiences are with the visa being issued and using this tool to track it? I only see the "Ready" status which reading the language below relates to the interview. We have had our interview. So not sure why it says "ready".

Case Creation Date: 20-Mar-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Jun-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

Same exact thing happened to me! It says ready while you're in AP. Keep checking the status as it will change to "issued" once the visa is printed. It is nothing to worry about, I guess they just randomly put some cases in AP - who knows why..... I also called DOS on an almost daily basis for the latest info. Hang in there, it will soon come!

Timeline

Thank you ladies. I have to keep reminding myself this is the government and the whole process is just inefficient! I really can't wait for him to get here to not have to deal with anymore Jamaican government employees. I swear they bask in the statisfaction of knowing they have a little power over peoples lives. As you both may know our experience was not so easy (interview level). I have and will keep calling DOS I just wish when the government comes up with these tools to "make it easier", these tools would be efficient and provide useful information.

That's it rant over.

Thanks again.

Timeline

Can you please post the # to call to DOS I keep trying to log onto that website u mention CEAC and it keeps telling me there is no info what # am I supposed to enter in there i used the case # but it says "you search didnt return any data" why is this not working for me, im freaking out!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate subforum -- topic involves mechanics of receiving the visa. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey we still have not received our visa. Still waiting. Our last status update was 7/11 . There have been a total of 8 status updates on CEAC. So our case is moving. I will probably never know exactly what is being verified or if any of those times had to do with email inquires. Not all the ceac dates coincided with email reply dates. I miss my fiancé like CRAZY, but I have come to terms and accepted I need to be patient There is nothing that could be done about the length of time. I put my faith in God, believe God knows what he is doing, and remain positive that this will soon come to an end.

Edited by BeanCamp

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Same exact thing happened to me! It says ready while you're in AP. Keep checking the status as it will change to "issued" once the visa is printed. It is nothing to worry about, I guess they just randomly put some cases in AP - who knows why..... I also called DOS on an almost daily basis for the latest info. Hang in there, it will soon come!

Iam in the same process but they never keep my fiancee passport,so I wonder how can they issued a visa if they don't have the passaport to stamp it need some help here please

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Iam in the same process but they never keep my fiancee passport,so I wonder how can they issued a visa if they don't have the passaport to stamp it need some help here please

Did the consulate tell your fiancee if approved? If I'm not mistaken if the application is approved and not have taken the passport, they will contact your fiancee again and ask to send the passport.

11-28-2012 : Filed I-129F

11-30-2012 : NOA1

04-09-2013 : NOA2

05-24-2013 : Case sent from NVC to USEM

06-10-2013 : Medical

07-30-2013 : Interview

: Put to AP for one missing doc

07-30-2013 : CEAC status Administrative Processing

08-01-2013 : Doc submitted to the USEM

08-02-2013 : Doc received

08-12-2013 : Case referred to the CO

08-13-2013 : CEAC status READY ( Appointment info )

08-14-2013 : CEAC status READY ( Case is open )

08-15-2013 : CEAC status AP

08-16-2013 : CEAC Status ISSUED ( Heck, yeah! )

08-24-2013 : Visa packet received

09-04-2013 : Hello, America!

Timeline

Did the consulate tell your fiancee if approved? If I'm not mistaken if the application is approved and not have taken the passport, they will contact your fiancee again and ask to send the passport.

No the consulate give back the passport to my fiancee,she never mentioned that she was aproved,she only give my fiancee a letter that says your going to be in AP and we will contact you when we done with it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No the consulate give back the passport to my fiancee,she never mentioned that she was aproved,she only give my fiancee a letter that says your going to be in AP and we will contact you when we done with it

What kind of letter did the consulate give your fiancee? It's either they still need something from your fiancee, or your case requires further AP ( the consulate must have seen something wrong with the case ), but if she didn't say if approved or not, maybe wait for them to contact you. I was in the same situation, they gave me 221g letter cause I was missing a document, and they put me on AP, but they took my passport

11-28-2012 : Filed I-129F

11-30-2012 : NOA1

04-09-2013 : NOA2

05-24-2013 : Case sent from NVC to USEM

06-10-2013 : Medical

07-30-2013 : Interview

: Put to AP for one missing doc

07-30-2013 : CEAC status Administrative Processing

08-01-2013 : Doc submitted to the USEM

08-02-2013 : Doc received

08-12-2013 : Case referred to the CO

08-13-2013 : CEAC status READY ( Appointment info )

08-14-2013 : CEAC status READY ( Case is open )

08-15-2013 : CEAC status AP

08-16-2013 : CEAC Status ISSUED ( Heck, yeah! )

08-24-2013 : Visa packet received

09-04-2013 : Hello, America!

Timeline

What kind of letter did the consulate give your fiancee? It's either they still need something from your fiancee, or your case requires further AP ( the consulate must have seen something wrong with the case ), but if she didn't say if approved or not, maybe wait for them to contact you. I was in the same situation, they gave me 221g letter cause I was missing a document, and they put me on AP, but they took my passport

The consul never take my fiancee passport,and the letter she give my fiancee say they need further review of evidence,the counsel was arrogant, and she din't like my fiancee rigth from the begginin of the interview,all the question were easy because we don't have to lie about, the relationship is truefull,I don't know the AP is beacuse I'm white .she is black(mulata) and I'm older ,she is younger,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.