Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2013

1,149 posts in this topic

We recieved an email last night due to my silly hubs making a daft mistake on the AOS form (he put the household as 1 person but should have included me, making it 2!)

We sent our corrected AOS off today (they'll have it tomorrow morning) - how long will it take for us to get case complete now? Do we go back in the "20 working days" queue or is there a speedy little queue for quick little updates like ours?! Hubby said the lady at the NVC last night sounded very positive that it was a quick correction and not a big deal so he's not worried.

I just can't wait for my interview date!!

IR1/CR1

-- USCIS --

JAN/28/2013 - I-130 sent to Chicago

FEB/01/2013 - Received email NOA1 (routed to NBC, further processing in Baltimore field office)

APR/15/2013 - I-130 approved (on USCIS website)

APR/20/2013 - NOA2 in mail

--NVC--

APR/22/2013 - NVC received our case

MAY/06/2013 - Got NVC case number (over the phone)

MAY/06/2013 - Emailed DS-3032 form (choice of agent)

MAY/09/2013 - Received and PAID AOS Bill

MAY/15/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted by NVC (email)

MAY/16/2013 - Received and PAID IV Bill

MAY/18/2013 - Sent AOS package (I-864)

MAY/21/2013 - Sent IV package (DS-230)

JUN/17/2013 - AOS RFE email

JUN/18/2013 - Corrected AOS mailed out (over-night)

JUL/10/2013 - Case complete!!!

--LONDON--

JUL/12/2013 - Assigned interview date

JUL/31/2013 - Medical

AUG/08/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!❤??

AUG/19/2013 - Visa in hand

AUG/28/2013 - POE (BOS)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

We recieved an email last night due to my silly hubs making a daft mistake on the AOS form (he put the household as 1 person but should have included me, making it 2!)

We sent our corrected AOS off today (they'll have it tomorrow morning) - how long will it take for us to get case complete now? Do we go back in the "20 working days" queue or is there a speedy little queue for quick little updates like ours?! Hubby said the lady at the NVC last night sounded very positive that it was a quick correction and not a big deal so he's not worried.

yes you ill get a scripted 20 day answer

but your case is already being worked on and your rfe will make it to your case file and it will resume processing..you're almost there !!!!!

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Montreal Applicants Please

I go on the 17th of July for my interview. I am booking my flight today. What is the earliest time I should think about booking as a departure out of Montreal???

You should be out of the consulate by 9:30 - 10 at the latest. So anytime after noon. I had mine booked at 2pm and had loads of time. It's about a 30 minute ride from the downtown area to the airport (take the bus $9 - take a cab - same amount of time - $40! You pick! )

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I just got the checklist (Please confirm guyz if this is just a false checklist)...I just wanted to make sure...here it is:

Dear petitioner:

We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant visa. Please review the information listed under each applicants name and provide any documents which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required information.

....then blah blah blah.......then this

____ 1- IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_________________________________________

The National Visa Center is waiting for an Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case. The principal Applicant and any other applicants who will be accompanying him or her to the US must now download and complete an Immigrant Visa Application; please visit the following website for instructions:

I had called today and they said that I will be receiving this today and we all know its a false checklist as they already have my IV packet....i just wanted to confirm....thanks!

Yes, looks like a false checklist based on them reviewing, and accepting, the AOS package.

Montreal Applicants Please

I go on the 17th of July for my interview. I am booking my flight today. What is the earliest time I should think about booking as a departure out of Montreal???

This all depends on what time you're going to show up the morning of the interview. If you're planning to show up between 6-7am (as I'd recommend), then an early afternoon flight would be fine. If you plan to come any time after 8am or so, I'd suggest an evening flight as you may be at the consulate for quite a few hours.

As far as I know, there's no speedy queue for checklists. But, the checklist review should be shorter as it's just a small mistake that they need to verify.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone, i have a quick question for you and i hope someone can help me with this question.My friend just received his case number, and he want to get the AOS package ready.

- he is a self empolyed

- has 1 son 18 months,got a US passport for him last december

Q1 :does he qualify to use the I 864EZ form?

Q2: does he need to include his son in this form?

Q3:last question, what are the Supporting documents for a self-employed?

Your replies are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Naturalization:

06/15/2016-- N-400 sent.

06/17/2016-- N-400 received.

06/23/2016-- NOA received in mail.

07/12/2016-- biometrics

07/11/2017-- Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone, i have a quick question for you and i hope someone can help me with this question.My friend just received his case number, and he want to get the AOS package ready.

- he is a self empolyed

- has 1 son 18 months,got a US passport for him last december

Q1 :does he qualify to use the I 864EZ form?

Q2: does he need to include his son in this form?

Q3:last question, what are the Supporting documents for a self-employed?

Your replies are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

1. NO, he cannot use I-864EZ this is because he failed the second question (he is self employed). Read the instructions for PART 1, on page 3 of this form:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864ezinstr.pdf Use I-864 instead.

2. His son "may" need to be included in the household size.

3. Read the instructions for self employment on page 6 of this form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Edited by Bismark

USCIS - (221 Days)

09/08/2012 - Married

09/29/2012 – I-130 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 – I-130 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
11/27/2012 - Transfer to local office (Atlanta)

04/15/2013 – Contacted Congressman and both Senators for help with my case
05/10/2013 – APPROVED!! - NOA2 (Approved 221 days from NOA1)

NVC (129 Days from NOA2)

05/13/2013 - NVC Received

05/17/2013 - NVC logged file as Received

05/29/2013 - Case & IIN # Received

05/30/2013 - DS3032 sent

06/07/2013 – AOS Invoiced

06/10/2013 – DS 3032 Accepted

06/10/2013 – AOS Paid

06/11/2013 – IV Invoiced & Paid

06/12/2013 – AOS & IV Packages expressed mailed

06/13/2013 – AOS & IV Packages delivered to NVC

07/03/2013 - AOS checklists received (AOS checklist response already delivered to NVC on 6/21/2013)

07/03/2013 - IV Checklist received (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
07/05/2013 - IV checklist sent

07/08/2013 - IV checklist delivered to NVC

07/12/2013 - AOS Accepted

07/30/2013 - IV accepted

07/30/2013 - Case Complete

08/12/2013 - Interview date received

Embassy: Accra, Ghana

08/17/2013 - Medical Exam (Holy Trinity)

09/16/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!! (350 Days fron NOA1)

09/20/2013 - Visa in Hand & Paid USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee

09/22/2013 - POE (Atlanta)

09/23/2013 - Applied for SSN

09/27/2013 - Received SSN in mail (5 days after applying)

10/17/2013 - Received GREEN CARD in the mail (25 days from POE)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

1. NO, he cannot use I-864EZ this is because he failed the second question (he is self employed). Read the instructions for PART 1, on page 3 of this form:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864ezinstr.pdf Use I-864 instead.

2. His son "may" need to be included in the household size.

3. Read the instructions for self employment on page 6 of this form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Thanks Bismark!appreciate it good.gif

Naturalization:

06/15/2016-- N-400 sent.

06/17/2016-- N-400 received.

06/23/2016-- NOA received in mail.

07/12/2016-- biometrics

07/11/2017-- Interview

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,

A couple things. :(

1. I received the AOS invoice on Thursday (7/13) afternoon. I immediately paid it. The money was withdrawn yesterday but it's still showing pending. Is there anything I can do to move forward (IE: Can i send the AOS now?)? I am doing Electronic Processing since my wife is Mexico. The e-mail receipt I have says the barcode isn't necessary but it doesn't say what I need to do either. :\ I was guessing they'll tell me via e-mail once the status is paid.

2. I haven't been invoiced for the IV payment. Is that normal? It's been about a week since I received my case info.

3. My wife's birthday & last name are wrong. The birthday was due to my mistyping something on the G-235A form, but the lastname seems like something on their end. Either way, I've sent separate e-mails to the NVC to correct the error and provided her passport biographic page as the evidence (as requested by the Customer Service). Will I have issues if I continue with the process before I get the correction notice from them??

Thanks and good luck ya'll!

Hi,

A couple things. sad.png

1. I received the AOS invoice on Thursday (7/13) afternoon. I immediately paid it. The money was withdrawn yesterday but it's still showing pending. Is there anything I can do to move forward (IE: Can i send the AOS now?)? I am doing Electronic Processing since my wife is Mexico. The e-mail receipt I have says the barcode isn't necessary but it doesn't say what I need to do either. :\ I was guessing they'll tell me via e-mail once the status is paid.

2. I haven't been invoiced for the IV payment. Is that normal? It's been about a week since I received my case info.

3. My wife's birthday & last name are wrong. The birthday was due to my mistyping something on the G-235A form, but the lastname seems like something on their end. Either way, I've sent separate e-mails to the NVC to correct the error and provided her passport biographic page as the evidence (as requested by the Customer Service). Will I have issues if I continue with the process before I get the correction notice from them??

Thanks and good luck ya'll!

1. If the money has been withdrawn, then you can send the AOS package. They won't tell you anything. You should be reading the guides (posted in post 1) to know what to do.

2. Have you completed the DS-261 online yet?

3. Have you called up NVC yet to see if the correction has been made?

It was the new one.

Turns out the only mistake on the form was that he stated the household number as 1, when it should include me, making it 2!

He's gotta fill it in again and over night it tomorrow. Gahhh!! Hope it doesn't delay us too much. Already been on hold for a month thanks to the new version.

Make sure you send in all nine pages, they mentioned that to me when I called on my check list, the first time I sent it I didnt send the last page because it was for if someone else filled it out, doesnt matter they want all nine pages.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This all depends on what time you're going to show up the morning of the interview. If you're planning to show up between 6-7am (as I'd recommend), then an early afternoon flight would be fine. If you plan to come any time after 8am or so, I'd suggest an evening flight as you may be at the consulate for quite a few hours.

Thanks NikiR and Saylin.

They gave me a time of 9 but I plan on being there at 7 or earlier. So I will book out early afternoon.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

I can't Believe After Waiting for so long I get a check List for AOS. Just talk To a operator she. Told Me I will received A check List she Did Not tell me y. Can I call back and ask ,so I can. Be prepared . Thanks. I'm So Down SAD.

I can't Believe After Waiting for so long I get a check List for AOS. Just talk To a operator she. Told Me I will received A check List she Did Not tell me y. Can I call back and ask ,so I can. Be prepared . Thanks. I'm So Down SAD.

Yup, call back and ask.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.