Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2013

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Congrats! I have a quick question. I would like to understand what a false checklist mean, and when its generated. In your case, could it mean that they have reviewed your IV package, and have given you a checklist for the 864W? This is because i am confused by your comment because if they havent reviewed your IV package yet, why would they give you a checklist for 864W?

Happy Friday!

Thanks.

I was wondering the same about false list!

My payment portal is still showing in process!!sad.png I mailed my Iv package today as money came out of my bank account.

False checklists are discussed in Saylin's first 2 posts of every month... just go back to page 1 of this thread. It will answer almost every question you might think of.

In my specific case, they sent me a checklist saying they received my papers and that I am missing the entire DS-230 visa app (which I already sent in). So it means they looked at my 864w and saw there is nothing missing, except the DS-230 which is in a pile somewhere. IF it had said I am missing the DS-230 PLUS a signature or something on the 864, that would NOT be a false checklist...

Also, it helps to just call them. They even warned me in advance "you will receive a checklist today, just ignore it."

08NOV2012 - NOA1

19APR2013 - NOA2- (processed via local field office)

29APR2013 - NVC Received Case

13MAY2013 - Case # and IIN# (DS-3032 sent)

29MAY2013 - AOS INV Received and Paid, 864W sent

30MAY2013 - Received DS-3032 Acceptance Email

31MAY2013 - AOS shows PAID

31MAY2013 - IV INV Received and Paid, ds230 sent

3JUNE2013 - IV shows PAID

19JUNE2013 - Case Complete!

17JULY2013-received interview date

28AUG2013 - Interview Date

at this point i feel somewhat embarased to be asking another question...but ...

we got the AOS fee email and the email containing the DS3032 on Thursday 06.13 , and the AOS invoice shows up on the portal.We'll pay it on monday.

But here's the rub :

i resent the DS3032 email with supervisor review like 10 hours before we got invoiced and we got the reply to it just 2 hours before AOS mail . The reply was generic :

" This petition is now eligible for further processing. The petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record will receive an instruction package regarding further processing of this petition." It does not say anything about accepting the choice of agent .

So my question is : is the IV bill going to get invoiced regardless in the next few days or do we have to pay the AOS first or what ? If i call on Monday will they be able to tell me wether the ds3032 got accepted or there's a need to resend it? see below this the sample letter from NVC that I recieved from email when they approved my choice of Agent. And got invoice after 2 days. I think just wait until next week for your IV invoiced as you read the thread once choice of agent is approved they will likely invoice you too? We received the principal applicant's DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent) form designating an address and agent. Instructions for paying the immigrant visa application processing fee and all future correspondence will be sent to the agent at the address selected on the DS-3032.

For more information regarding the immigrant visa application fee or for answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the following website:

Thanks in advance :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

at this point i feel somewhat embarased to be asking another question...but ...

we got the AOS fee email and the email containing the DS3032 on Thursday 06.13 , and the AOS invoice shows up on the portal.We'll pay it on monday.

But here's the rub :

i resent the DS3032 email with supervisor review like 10 hours before we got invoiced and we got the reply to it just 2 hours before AOS mail . The reply was generic :

" This petition is now eligible for further processing. The petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record will receive an instruction package regarding further processing of this petition." It does not say anything about accepting the choice of agent .

So my question is : is the IV bill going to get invoiced regardless in the next few days or do we have to pay the AOS first or what ? If i call on Monday will they be able to tell me wether the ds3032 got accepted or there's a need to resend it? see below this the sample letter from NVC that I recieved from email when they approved my choice of Agent. And got invoice after 2 days. I think just wait until next week for your IV invoiced as you read the thread once choice of agent is approved they will likely invoice you too? We received the principal applicant's DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent) form designating an address and agent. Instructions for paying the immigrant visa application processing fee and all future correspondence will be sent to the agent at the address selected on the DS-3032.

For more information regarding the immigrant visa application fee or for answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the following website:

Thanks in advance :)

Your agent was accepted. You will get another email with Iv invoice. Go a head and pay aos bill and wait for Iv bill to be invoiced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sent IV packet yesterday! AOS FINALLY shows "paid" on payment portal. IV bill still sites "in process"... :)

11/10/2012 MARRIED

USCIS STAGE (101days)
01/22/2013 I130 SENT TO NBC
01/28/2013 NOA1 PRIORITY DATE
05/09/2013 I130 TEXT/EMAIL APPROVAL & NOTICE DATE!
05/15/2013 GOT NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE (72 DAYS)
05/20/2013 NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE!

06/03/2013 RECEIVED CASE # & IIN, ALSO SENT DS-3032 EMAIL

06/10/2013 AOS INVOICED AND PAID, ALSO RESENT DS-3032 EMAIL- SUPERVISOR REVIEW

06/11/2013 NVC ACCEPTED DS-3032 EMAIL & AOS PAYMENT DEDUCTED FROM BANK ACCOUNT

06/12/2013 SENT AOS USPS EXPRESS MAIL (OVERNIGHT)

06/12/2013 IV BILL INVOICED & PAID

06/14/2013 SENT IV PACKET VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

06/17/2013 IV PACKET ARRIVED AT NVC

07/03/2013 RECEIVED AOS CHECKLIST

07/06/2013 SENT AOS CHECKLIST VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

07/08/2013 IV ACCEPTED & AOS CHECKLIST ARRIVED AT NVC

07/31/2013 CASE COMPLETE!!

09/16/2013 BLOOD & MEDICAL EXAMS

09/19/2013 INTERVIEW

09/26/2013 RECEIVED VISA

09/29/2013 POE FORT LAUDERDALE

10/11/2013 RECEIVED SSN

11/09/2013 RECEIVED CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD

my aos is still in process can we already print the barcoded cover sheet and send to nvc already while its not paid yet in portal payment? thanks a lot

The general consensus around here seems to be that it is safe to send it in once the money leaves your bank account.

That being said, I sent my stuff in the same day I paid and probably bought myself a week of time than if I had waited for "PAID" status....although I took a risk in doing so.

08NOV2012 - NOA1

19APR2013 - NOA2- (processed via local field office)

29APR2013 - NVC Received Case

13MAY2013 - Case # and IIN# (DS-3032 sent)

29MAY2013 - AOS INV Received and Paid, 864W sent

30MAY2013 - Received DS-3032 Acceptance Email

31MAY2013 - AOS shows PAID

31MAY2013 - IV INV Received and Paid, ds230 sent

3JUNE2013 - IV shows PAID

19JUNE2013 - Case Complete!

17JULY2013-received interview date

28AUG2013 - Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The general consensus around here seems to be that it is safe to send it in once the money leaves your bank account.

That being said, I sent my stuff in the same day I paid and probably bought myself a week of time than if I had waited for "PAID" status....although I took a risk in doing so.

I agree! I mailed mine too and finally it says paid today after 5 days!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

Yay Tuesday ! GO GET EM !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Got two emails from NVC saying that they got my AOS and IV packets today!!!

Cool ! Update yer timeline, when yer able . T I A !

Please help me on this.

In I-864 ,

Part 6 : Sponsor's Income and Employment

5 , My current individual income is : $ .....

Should my husband multiply his hourly rate and 2000 hr per year to get gross income for this year?

We dont have any joint sponsor. He had never sponsored anyone. Our household size will be only 2 including principle applicant. I read in I-864 instruction but due to my language barrier, I dont really clear. Kindly help on this.

Thank you.

is he paid every 2 weeks or every week or once a month?

For example if you make $10/hr and work 40 hours per week you make $400/week X 52 weeks in a year if you recieve paid vacation time = $20,800

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.