elmcitymaven

Reproductive Coercion: When Men Sabotage Birth Control

95 posts in this topic

If they are in precarious situations...leave.

Because we all know it's JUST. THAT. EASY. Brilliant advice! Why don't more women simply just leave?! I can't believe they never thought of that before...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

and has the feminazi left not just spent a whole election cycle demanding a woman have control over her reproductive choices and that it be funded.

No we here, she is not smart enough and those ####### men have been tricking her into being pregnant.

Have you ever thought that paying for birth control for women might save the US money in the long run by offsetting stuff like food stamps, welfare, and the justice system? Wouldn't you say the chances are high for unwanted children to end up being a charge to society?

Have you ever thought that paying for birth control for women might save the US money in the long run by offsetting stuff like food stamps, welfare, and the justice system? Wouldn't you say the chances are high for unwanted children to end up being a charge to society?

nature boy is not a fan of the welfare queens. i believe he prefers mandatory hysterectomies

for all females at or below the poverty line. can't get benefits till the uterus goes bye bye.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow, the "If you don't like America, get out" argument just got applied to abusive relationships. A real milestone to be sure.

It's my favourite. Love it or leave it. If you don't like it here, move to Somalia. Whenever you hear "Somalia" (Or any impoverished tyrannical society) or "love it or leave it", you know you've just won the argument.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

nature boy is not a fan of the welfare queens. i believe he prefers mandatory hysterectomies

for all females at or below the poverty line. can't get benefits till the uterus goes bye bye.

Glad to see you finally coming around:)

I think what I said was that, we will help with one mistake or misfortune. However if you keep repeating the behavior you are on your own. If you are on means tested public benefits and already have a child. mandatory BC.

Glad to see you finally coming around:)

I think what I said was that, we will help with one mistake or misfortune. However if you keep repeating the behavior you are on your own. If you are on means tested public benefits and already have a child. mandatory BC.

For women only? Or do men have some "mandatory" rule they need to follow as well? It takes two, you know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

For women only? Or do men have some "mandatory" rule they need to follow as well? It takes two, you know.

When are the coming out with the male version of the birth control pill? I read something about that a few years ago.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When are the coming out with the male version of the birth control pill? I read something about that a few years ago.

That's gonna be a good day for high school males.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I seem to remember it had a nasty side effect of shrinking the genitalia and the marketing fellas pulled the plug.

I could, of course, be wrong.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That's gonna be a good day for [some] high school males.

Fixed that for you.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There's a big difference between poking holes in a condom and sitting down with your spouse and discussing when you want to have kids. Grouping these types of activities together sabotages the credibility of the article. If a man has an opinion about if and when he wants to have kids, expressing that opinion doesn't equate to domestic violence.

In particular, the article seems to zoom in on men who threaten to leave their partners if those partners don't want to get pregnant. If a man wants to have kids and his girlfriend doesn't, that could be a sensible reason to end the relationship and look for someone who wants to have kids with him. In a relationship between adults, there comes a time when it's reasonable to explain to your partner what types of things are important to you. If a man explains to his girlfriend that he wants to have kids and that if she doesn't want to he is going to end the relationship, that constitutes healthy communication about your needs and expectations in the relationship.

Obviously, there are lots of variables such as where the relationship is, what past understandings about children have been, whether it's a disagreement about having children at all or just timing, and exactly how the expectations are communicated. But it's interesting to note in the article that in many cases women didn't feel that the communication from their partner was abnormal until the doctor suggested that it might be.

So to reiterate, in order to really take this seriously, the author needs to more clearly define what constitutes reproductive coercion. Leaving a woman, or threatening to do so, because she doesn't want to have kids and you do is not a crime. In fact, it's the exercise of a basic right to the pursuit of happiness.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Because we all know it's JUST. THAT. EASY. Brilliant advice! Why don't more women simply just leave?! I can't believe they never thought of that before...

Well as opposed to what? No amount of ongoing studies and statistics gathering or counseling the victim is going to fix the issue of an abusive partner. Easy or not it is the best option and many do stay for that "cuz I love him/her" excuse or because they are afraid to face the world on their own and so they choose the easy route.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Well as opposed to what? No amount of ongoing studies and statistics gathering or counseling the victim is going to fix the issue of an abusive partner. Easy or not it is the best option and many do stay for that "cuz I love him/her" excuse or because they are afraid to face the world on their own and so they choose the easy route.

Of course leaving is the best option. Who is arguing that?

Plenty of women stay in abusive relationships not because they love their partner, but because they're afraid of what will happen to them if they do leave.

Saying "just leave" makes it sound far, far easier than it actually is. If it was that simple, everyone would do it.

I also find it offensive that you call staying with an abusive partner "the easy route"...

Edited by Penny Lane