one...two...tree

Study: Media Fact-Checker Says Republicans Lie More

112 posts in this topic

You are aware that it is our government that has created the dollar and that has managed our economy overall for over 200 years? And that, while not perfect, our economy has been an engine of productivity greater than any the world had ever seen before? And that our economy has been more stable than most over the life of our country? Why do you hate our country so much? If you dislike it here so much why have you not moved somewhere you would have more freedom from any central government power over your life. I hear Somalia lets 'entrepreneuers' a lot of flexibility to manage their affairs!

Ahhh our government created the good economy for over 200 years. Well there you go folks. To all you businessmen and entrepreneurs of the last 200 years. You did not do that , the Government did. Where have i heard that before ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I assume the blanket statement you are referring to is about the govt. not being able to manage it's own finances. Not sure. I'd say the 15 trillion dollar debt speaks for itself. Are you saying we don't have a 15 trillion debt?

I was referring to a former member's signature about Somalia.

attachicon.gifsomalia-tea-party1.jpg

I missed that one. 'somalia-tea-party'! I doubt they have much time for such nonsense. Too busy making the best of their strengths and looking to always build their power and wealth! Especially with guns! Actually that does sound a bit like our tea-party!rofl.gif

The relevance of a 15 trillion debt can be appreciated better if you do as any good accountant would and post the total of all the assets along with the debt statement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I missed that one. 'somalia-tea-party'! I doubt they have much time for such nonsense. Too busy making the best of their strengths and looking to always build their power and wealth! Especially with guns! Actually that does sound a bit like our tea-party!rofl.gif

The relevance of a 15 trillion debt can be appreciated better if you do as any good accountant would and post the total of all the assets along with the debt statement.

Ohh, are we going to start selling assets now? Maybe we can sell Vermont to Quebec or China. Assets are only good for reducing your debt if they are liquid. They can however be used as collateral to borrow more money. Are you suggesting we use our assets to borrow even more?

I think any good accountant would tell you it's bad to have debt that is 7 times your annual income and growing. If you have an accountant like that, I would consider looking elsewhere.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Ohh, are we going to start selling assets now? Maybe we can sell Vermont to Quebec or China. Assets are only good for reducing your debt if they are liquid. They can however be used as collateral to borrow more money. Are you suggesting we use our assets to borrow even more?

I think any good accountant would tell you it's bad to have debt that is 7 times your annual income and growing. If you have an accountant like that, I would consider looking elsewhere.

I agree it would be much better to have lower debt. Maybe our fantastically expensive exploits in Iraq were more than a little foolish! And who was it who decided to finance those wars with tax cuts? I thought lowering taxes was going to stimulate our economy. It appears to have dumped it deep into the crapper! Maybe we need to do like Reagan and Clinton did and RAISE some taxes! The 'good old days' had far higher incremental tax rates! But I guess you want to further enrich your buddies like the Koch brothers. Lets cut head start and medicare so the obscenely wealthy can get even more obscenely rich!wacko.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I agree it would be much better to have lower debt. Maybe our fantastically expensive exploits in Iraq were more than a little foolish! And who was it who decided to finance those wars with tax cuts? I thought lowering taxes was going to stimulate our economy. It appears to have dumped it deep into the crapper! Maybe we need to do like Reagan and Clinton did and RAISE some taxes! The 'good old days' had far higher incremental tax rates! But I guess you want to further enrich your buddies like the Koch brothers. Lets cut head start and medicare so the obscenely wealthy can get even more obscenely rich!wacko.png

Way to put words in my mouth. Point out where I've ever stated that the Iraq war was good or that the Bush tax cuts were good. You can't, because I haven't.

Strike 1

I don't have any friends named Koch.

Strike 2

I don't believe I've ever mentioned anything about cutting head start or medicare

Strike 3

You want to go for another at bat?

I do however have an issue with the govt. loaning money to billionaires to build 60 thousand dollar cars.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Way to put words in my mouth. Point out where I've ever stated that the Iraq war was good or that the Bush tax cuts were good. You can't, because I haven't.

Strike 1

I don't have any friends named Koch.

Strike 2

I don't believe I've ever mentioned anything about cutting head start or medicare

Strike 3

You want to go for another at bat?

I do however have an issue with the govt. loaning money to billionaires to build 60 thousand dollar cars.

Sorry to unfairly malign you. When you start singing a song that I have heard before I guess I jump ahead a bit. I am glad you opposed the Iraq war and the Bush tax cuts. Though you didn't say that either, did you? And counting scumbags like the Koch's as friends is not something either of us do. As to loaning billionaires money, I hope we got good collateral! Otherwise it is just more welfare for the rich. Obama doesn't seem very liberal at all anymore! Maybe he has become a LINO!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

#######????????????

If we sell Vermont to Quebec, they would have to go all the way to Massachusetts for health care! Sell 'em New York instead! Why do you hate Quebecois? I gotta tell you, they don't tip worth a damn, but it is still better than living next to Belarus!

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla