41 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear that. I think it's time to contact a congressman that might able to help your with your case.

Best wishes.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

You should call USCIS and place service request via Tier 2.

After the processing time of California Service Center was updated to " 5 months" this week, other members report that their attitude is different. Say, nicer.

Probably have to wait long on the phone but why not try?

K-1 Timeline
• Feb 22, 2013 – I-129F mailed via FedEx
• Feb 25, 2013 – USCIS Dallas Lockbox received
• Feb 27, 2013 – NOA1 date (CSC)
• Mar 04, 2013 – NOA1 hardcopy in mail

• Aug 07, 2013 – NOA2 (161 days)

• Aug 10, 2013 – NOA2 hardcopy in mail

• Sep 04, 2013 – file sent out from CSC

• Sep 12, 2013 – NVC assigned TKY case #

• Sep 13, 2013 – file in transit to TKY from NVC

• Sep 16, 2013 – CEAC site case status "READY"

• Oct 21, 2013 – Interview at Tokyo Embassy, approved in 3 minutes (236 days since NOA1)

• Oct 21, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Administrative Processing"

• Oct 22, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Issued"

• Oct 23, 2013 – K-1 visa delivered at around noon

j3sWp9.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Since they updated the processing time yesterday (after you put in the service request) I would call and demand another service request.

I totally agree with you JENAFID.

They should call again after that change on the processing times.

January 13, 2012 - Start talking
June 20, 2012 - Visit 1
September 21, 2012 - Visit 2
December 31, 2012 - Visit 3
February 20, 2013 - Visit 4 (proposal the 24th)
April 15, 2013 - Package sent
April 18, 2013 - NOA1
May 30, 2013 - Visit 5
August 22, 2013 - Visit 6
August 29, 2013 - RFE
October 4, 2013 - NOA2 (after 5 months 2 weeks 2 days)
October 9, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy
November 8, 2013 - NVC case number (after 5 weeks)
November 15, 2013 - Embassy in Lima received the case
November 29, 2013 - Visit 7
January 3, 2014 - Visit 8
January 6, 2014 - INTERVIEW APPROVEDJanuary 11, 2014 - Visa in hand
May 1, 2014 - Visit 9
May 4, 2014 - POE
June 24, 2014 - MARRIED :star:
July 29, 2014 - Sent AOS
August 6, 2014 - NOA1
September 4, 2014 - Biometrics

October 17, 2014 - Travel&Work permit Approved

December 3, 2014 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED

December 11, 2014 - Green Card in hand

September 7, 2016 - ROC sent

September 12, 2016 - NOA1
October 18, 2016 - Biometrics

October 17, 2019 - I-797C received

November 15, 2019 - Biometrics 

October 6, 2020 - Interview

November 18, 2020 - Naturalization ceremony
Ju44m5.png

8Hm5m5.png

lpi8m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We applied in July. Still no NOA2. I'm sure our file has been lost.

I dont know how you would feel but we are on the same boat. We filed April 19 but only got acknowledged with a NOA1 on July 26, 2012. Every time we ask for the status (because a lot of August 2012 thru Feb 2013 already got their approvals), they just tell us we have to wait and that we are within the normal processing time (July 18 was on the website). When the proc time got updated a few days ago to 5 months, we called yet again to ask what is up with our case. They just agreed that it was out of the proc time and told us to wait and call back after 15 days if we dont hear back from them.

It is frustrating that we are already waiting 10 months and still have to be asked to wait more....the congresswoman and senators that we contacted asked us to wait for them to act on it for 30 days as well...

we have no choice but to call/email and hope they get tired hearing from us.

I hope you get your NOA2 soon. I will include you in my prayers. Cheer up! At least you are not alone:)

Timeline

We applied in July. Still no NOA2. I'm sure our file has been lost.

I dont know how you would feel but we are on the same boat. We filed April 19 but only got acknowledged with a NOA1 on July 26, 2012. Every time we ask for the status (because a lot of August 2012 thru Feb 2013 already got their approvals), they just tell us we have to wait and that we are within the normal processing time (July 18 was on the website). When the proc time got updated a few days ago to 5 months, we called yet again to ask what is up with our case. They just agreed that it was out of the proc time and told us to wait and call back after 15 days if we dont hear back from them.

It is frustrating that we are already waiting 10 months and still have to be asked to wait more....the congresswoman and senators that we contacted asked us to wait for them to act on it for 30 days as well...

I hope you get your NOA2 soon. I will include you in my prayers. Cheer up! At least you are not alone:)

Timeline

You should call USCIS and place service request via Tier 2.

After the processing time of California Service Center was updated to " 5 months" this week, other members report that their attitude is different. Say, nicer.

Probably have to wait long on the phone but why not try?

this is true. my fiance called them up yesterday and they were apologetic and said they had it escalated.

i wont really take their word for it and would call them again just to be sure.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I really do feel for you we are June filers had an RFE in December has been with VSC since Feb they told my partner back in March it would take up to 90 days I sent an e-request end of April they replied telling me its with a review officer we would get notice of decision within 60 days. I would send another e-request form now that it has all been updated or call them. Good Luck

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You shouldn't wait, contact your senators. Most Senators have aids who take care of these things on a regular basis. There's really no reason you should have to wait for someone to look into your case after so long

I totally agree to this....i contacted my congresswoman already, i have never spoken to her, didn't send an email or a letter, but it was all done through one of her assistants i guess, she is in charge of dealing with immigration claims, they sent a letter to VSC already and are interfiring on my behalf. I really hope it works out for you, i really feel your pain. Although i have only waited for 7 months i know it is depressing and our lives are at a complete hault.

Also, keep calling. It took me a few tries to get to speak to a tier2, they left me on hold for hours, sometimes they were not help at all and at others they seem almost apologetic for my situation...it helps to keep remining them that you are on top of your case.

Good Luck!

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the replies. We called the USCIS yesterday and a tier 2 person told us that theyre gonna send a letter to us on May 28 which will tell us how long it should be for them to approve our file... We'll actually see if that happens. And a few days a go we faxed details to the congresswoman. Hopefully something might happen in the next few weeks but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Timeline

So you applied April 19? And you're still waiting? That's a disgrace! Especially since theyre approving some people in Feb and March. For an important job they can be very unprofessional. Our wac numbers are the same apart from ours ends in 66.

Timeline

I really do feel for you we are June filers had an RFE in December has been with VSC since Feb they told my partner back in March it would take up to 90 days I sent an e-request end of April they replied telling me its with a review officer we would get notice of decision within 60 days. I would send another e-request form now that it has all been updated or call them. Good Luck

Well I hope you get approved very soon! It shouldn't take nearly a year just for this first stage to be approved. Theres still so much to do after this part. I'll send another e-request now. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.