41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I hope you get approved very soon! It shouldn't take nearly a year just for this first stage to be approved. Theres still so much to do after this part. I'll send another e-request now. Thanks

i tried to send another e-request thru the uscis website but it didnt allow me since the last request i made was a few days ago and you can only resend it after 30 days has gone by. I know your case number because i have been tracking the case numbers near mine to find out if we are next or if we are even moving along with the others. here, i'd share it with you, i just removed the rest of the numbers but you know how it goes:

I129F PETITIONS w/ NOA1 July 26 same as mine
WAC#3740-approved 5/17
WAC#3741-RFEd4/23, rfe review 5/16
WAC#3742-approved 4/19
WAC#3743-approved 4/19
WAC#3744-approved 4/24
WAC#3745-Denied 5/3
WAC#3746 MINE 7/26 AND STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif
WAC#3747-approved 4/19
WAC#3748-RFEd 4/30 approved 5/14
WAC#3749-approved 4/19
WAC#3758-RFEd 4/19 A5/15
WAC#3759-APPROVED4/17
WAC#3760-7/26
WAC#3761-7/26
WAC#3762-approved 4/19
WAC#3763-approved 4/19
WAC#3764-approved 4/22
WAC#3765-APPROVED4/17
WAC#3766-7/26
those that say july 26 means they remain in initial review, the rest were already approved or got an RFE.,...so it does make me feel left out.
but hoping that we are next pretty soon as you are right, the wait is excruciating and no longer make any sense when all the rest are done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh gosh, I so sorry to hear that! I am a January that doesn't have NOA 2, but it can't compare to someone waiting so patiently from July. Yes, I agree with everyone about filing a service request and contacting your congressman. Please keep us all updated on your progress!

We applied in July. Still no NOA2. I'm sure our file has been lost.

Timeline

i tried to send another e-request thru the uscis website but it didnt allow me since the last request i made was a few days ago and you can only resend it after 30 days has gone by. I know your case number because i have been tracking the case numbers near mine to find out if we are next or if we are even moving along with the others. here, i'd share it with you, i just removed the rest of the numbers but you know how it goes:

I129F PETITIONS w/ NOA1 July 26 same as mine
WAC#3740-approved 5/17
WAC#3741-RFEd4/23, rfe review 5/16
WAC#3742-approved 4/19
WAC#3743-approved 4/19
WAC#3744-approved 4/24
WAC#3745-Denied 5/3
WAC#3746 MINE 7/26 AND STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif
WAC#3747-approved 4/19
WAC#3748-RFEd 4/30 approved 5/14
WAC#3749-approved 4/19
WAC#3758-RFEd 4/19 A5/15
WAC#3759-APPROVED4/17
WAC#3760-7/26
WAC#3761-7/26
WAC#3762-approved 4/19
WAC#3763-approved 4/19
WAC#3764-approved 4/22
WAC#3765-APPROVED4/17
WAC#3766-7/26
those that say july 26 means they remain in initial review, the rest were already approved or got an RFE.,...so it does make me feel left out.
but hoping that we are next pretty soon as you are right, the wait is excruciating and no longer make any sense when all the rest are done.

That's interesting. I hope they sort us out soon and everyone else who filed in July and before.

Timeline

Most congressmen have an 'Immigration Relations Consular Aid'. I put in a request, and to be honest, they have been fighting my corner ever since.

Just call them... I found it easier than waiting for them to reply by mail. Once you have spoken to them, they seem to contact you by e-mail rather than mail.

When did you put in that service request? I would seriously contact your Congressman

I agree! Get Congress invlved.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the replies. We called the USCIS yesterday and a tier 2 person told us that theyre gonna send a letter to us on May 28 which will tell us how long it should be for them to approve our file... We'll actually see if that happens. And a few days a go we faxed details to the congresswoman. Hopefully something might happen in the next few weeks but I'm not getting my hopes up.

hi there! i just wanted to know if USCIS got back to you already with your noa2???? we are still groping in the dark as of this time...hope you are having better luck

Most congressmen have an 'Immigration Relations Consular Aid'. I put in a request, and to be honest, they have been fighting my corner ever since.

Just call them... I found it easier than waiting for them to reply by mail. Once you have spoken to them, they seem to contact you by e-mail rather than mail.

my fiance tried calling them but no one seems to know where our faxed request is at....

Timeline

hi there! i just wanted to know if USCIS got back to you already with your noa2???? we are still groping in the dark as of this time...hope you are having better luck

my fiance tried calling them but no one seems to know where our faxed request is at....

No we have heard nothing yet. Its not fair at all. They get be getting everyones file processed straight away who have been waiting this long. Luckily I'm going over to see her for 5 weeks soon. I hope we hear something soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.