slowlyman

What is the most common country represented here?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

While I'm killing time waiting for CSC to approve our 129 I;ve been wondering................. What is the most common country for beneficiaries represented here on VJ? There are so many statistical types on the site. Surely somebody has a graph or spread sheet.

My guess is the Philippines.

Edited by slowlyman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Si, man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While I'm killing time waiting for CSC to approve our 129 I;ve been wondering................. What is the most common country for beneficiaries represented here on VJ? There are so many statistical types on the site. Surely somebody has a graph or spread sheet.

looking at PI portal, there are 12,133 members :)http://www.visajourney.com/portals/memberlist.php?country=Philippines

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

The more interesting question would be what the most common country would be if you didn't count K-1s.

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

from member counts, I think it's the PI.

I could, of course, be wrong.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Here's some stats:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php

You can choose other types, also.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Many many reasons.

First its a poor country.

The country has close ties to the USA, being a former colony and former location of military bases.

The country has had a policy of encouraging Filipinos to move abroad and make money to send back.

They teach English from a young age.

Many of their men follow the machismo culture of having wanting more than one woman, which some women won't accept so they look abroad where men are viewed as more faithful.

They like the look of Filipino babies crossed with other races.

Many view Filipinas as holding to more conservative values that have been abandoned in the western world. Personally I'm not so sure this is true, to a degree it is, but in many ways it's also not true. And your results will highly vary depending on the individual. But the stereotype is still highly presented and believed by the public at large.

And last but not least, they have a lot of single pretty women.

I wonder why there are more filers from PI then any other country.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Many many reasons.

The country has close ties to the USA, being a former colony and former location of military bases.

The country has had a policy of encouraging Filipinos to move abroad and make money to send back.

Many of their men follow the machismo culture of having wanting more than one woman, which some women won't accept so they look abroad where men are viewed as more faithful.

Many view Filipinas as holding to more conservative values that have been abandoned in the western world. Personally I'm not so sure this is true, to a degree it is, but in many ways it's also not true. And your results will highly vary depending on the individual. But the stereotype is still highly presented and believed by the public at large.

I didn;t realize English is a 2nd language over there. That would be a big help. The pretty woman I knew about. But that can be said of all asian countries.

It looks like PI by a large margin. Interesting.

I don't know who started calling the Philippines "PI" (Philippine Islands) but that is a really outlandish abbreviation, no pun intended. I'd understand "RP" for Republic of the Philippines (although RP may somehow refer to Portugal) and also "PH" because that's the official country code per ISO that's being used in our passports.

Many many reasons.

I appreciate that you choose your words very carefully, Cary. good.gif Also, we are more likely referred to as a former territory of the United States and not exactly a colony. biggrin.png But we were once a colony of Spain.

Edited by Calypso
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg