12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When gathering the documents for Adjustment of Status. Do you include joint account informations or that is only needed during the interview

All proof is included in the package. Make sure they are copys. If you get an interview you bring the originals to the interview with you.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

We did not have any joint accounts when we applied. They are fine later. At that point we just included joint Insurance and DL at the same address. The point is, if you have it, send it. They know it takes a little time to mingle stuff after marriage which is why they accept any new documents at interview.

Finished!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you have any information to help your case send it with the application. What ever you did not provide, have it ready in case you get an interview.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

You're adjusting from a K1, follow the guide here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Proof of bonafide marriage, such as joint bank accounts, assets, etc, are only required for the interview (if you get one).

Edited by a+j

- I am the beneficiary -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

When gathering the documents for Adjustment of Status. Do you include joint account informations or that is only needed during the interview

Not needed when filing for AOS from a K-1. The only proof of bona fide marriage that is needed is a copy of your certified marriage certificate. If you happen to get an interview, then bring proof of residing together and co-mingling of finances.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're adjusting from a K1, follow the guide here:

http://www.visajourn...content/k1k3aos

Proof of bonafide marriage, such as joint bank accounts, assets, etc, are only required for the interview (if you get one).

Not needed when filing for AOS from a K-1. The only proof of bona fide marriage that is needed is a copy of your certified marriage certificate. If you happen to get an interview, then bring proof of residing together and co-mingling of finances.

Any evidence the OP has is good to include in the package - it would make it much less likely to get an interview if it is included a head of time.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Any evidence the OP has is good to include in the package - it would make it much less likely to get an interview if it is included a head of time.

Nope. Interviews appear to be completely random and are not based on whether or not you added documents that were not required. Plenty of people have been approved without an interview by sending only what is required, just the copy of the marriage certificate. Besides, as it is now, I think people should want an interview since they get their green cards faster when they do.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I am not sure about this. No evidence of bonafide marriage is called for by the instructions of the I-485, so the OP will be good with the marriage certificate alone.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Here on VJ I read of many K1 people who did not send in additional evidence and were approved without interviews (see for example http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/). Furthermore, even assuming they would consider the additional evidence sent, it might not be great to be waived the interview... The people who haven't got one are waiting forever to be approved at the NBC, while things go much faster if your paperwork is transferred to your local USCIS office.

Edited by a+j

- I am the beneficiary -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

When my hubby and I applied for my AOS on july 2012 we didn't add ANY kind of proof of relation (no photo, no joint insurance or account) even dough we already had all the for the time we applied, the list I used, never said anything about sending proof along with the AOS package. For my surprise, not only we never had a RFE but also I was approved WITHOUT interview. Actually my green card its on it way :) I should be receiving by the end of the day. So I wouldn't be worry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you have any information to help your case send it with the application. What ever you did not provide, have it ready in case you get an interview.

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.