kally101

Will significant age difference pose a problem in interview date? Please help!

114 posts in this topic

Yes he is retired and that we didn't think about.. Now we are at the last stage.. Oh your favorite?? It is great here!

I have been there about 30 times (from 1 week to a month each time) over the last 40 years. Negril is my favorite. We stay on the beach at a place called Crystal Waters. They rent cottages and have helpers come in during the day to cook (you buy the food) and clean. Even with the coral decaying over the years, the beach there is one of my seven wonders in this world!

Finished!

Filed: Other Timeline

It will be a red flag... not judging just speaking how I think the COs look at this, age gap, just wedding photos (is it staged) Emails (supposedly erased)

(I keep little email or text husband sends if it was something nice n nasty) If the culture does not have many females settling with males with a 47yrs

gap , phone records (he uses phone cards), do you have tickets together to plays concerts beach parties, do you know about his kids , ex-wife (if he has one)

Those will probably the thinking of CO. Get you evidences together & have a great journey

Oh wow! Sounds greaat! "Crystal Waters" sounds familair.. Am glad you love it here.. S I guess you probably know a little of our "Patois"

Only a little. I can follow along with it but can't speak it!

Finished!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It will be a red flag... not judging just speaking how I think the COs look at this, age gap, just wedding photos (is it staged) Emails (supposedly erased)

(I keep little email or text husband sends if it was something nice n nasty) If the culture does not have many females settling with males with a 47yrs

gap , phone records (he uses phone cards), do you have tickets together to plays concerts beach parties, do you know about his kids , ex-wife (if he has one)

Those will probably the thinking of CO. Get you evidences together & have a great journey

I know what you mean and this is why am worried.. No tickets together, nothing! We go to the movies at least once every time he comes here and we eat out at restaurants a lot too but I know just saying this will not help at all.. I do have one pic that we took together in 2009, a pic he took with my aunt and one with my sis but that"t it.. I do know a lot about about him ie about his kids, ex-wife etc.. The call records would have been great evidence because he's been calling me every other night since we met in 2009 until now. Thanks so much for your response!

Only a little. I can follow along with it but can't speak it!

Oh I see... :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Without your timeline filled in it is hard to expect when your interview will be... but I am so curious of your outcome.

Your red flags are mounting each time you post... Putting aside the almost 50 year age difference...I honestly ask with concern, What evidence DO you have of a bona fide relationship?

event.png

event.png

Start taking picture now, but pictres are not the only evidence they will look at. Hint: pictures can be photoshop, so they are not the final evidence.

Now, if your husband has been coming to JA since 2009, you'll should have hotel receipts, emails, maybe some mail receipt through the postal service, letters from friends who can atest to the relationship. His passport should show all of his entry stamps to JA.

If you make the age difference a concern then the CO will pick up on that concern.

Timeline

Without your timeline filled in it is hard to expect when your interview will be... but I am so curious of your outcome.

Your red flags are mounting each time you post... Putting aside the almost 50 year age difference...I honestly ask with concern, What evidence DO you have of a bona fide relationship?

We sent our DS-230 04-16-13 so if no RFE interview will be in 2months or so I guess... All we have are wedding pics (private wedding it was), a pic we took together in 2009 and two postcards I sent to him... He has flight records from his visits here since 2009 to the last time he came in Feb 2013. I am really not a picture person so then I really did not see a reason for taking pics.. Now I am in deep regret..

Filed: Timeline

pictures are ONLY secondary evidence...as long that you guys really proof that this marriage is a genuine then you have nothing to be scare about...USCIS will see that in your face if you guys are really are couple or just pretending to be one.

goodluck!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

Start taking picture now, but pictres are not the only evidence they will look at. Hint: pictures can be photoshop, so they are not the final evidence.

Now, if your husband has been coming to JA since 2009, you'll should have hotel receipts, emails, maybe some mail receipt through the postal service, letters from friends who can atest to the relationship. His passport should show all of his entry stamps to JA.

If you make the age difference a concern then the CO will pick up on that concern.

My interview will be in about two months if all goes well with our DS-230 so there is no time to take pics now :(. You are indeed correct about pics can be edited... He stays at my house whenever he visits, he does have records of his visits, and we had loads of email conversations from 2009 and silly me deleted them, he did also.. I know, sounds impossible but these are things we do when we just do not use our brains. So here I am living in regret and looking to face the consequences.

pictures are ONLY secondary evidence...as long that you guys really proof that this marriage is a genuine then you have nothing to be scare about...USCIS will see that in your face if you guys are really are couple or just pretending to be one.

goodluck!!!

*A little sigh of relief* I am really hoping.. Thanks so much...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband (the petitioner) is 73yrs and I am 26yrs.. We've known each other since 2009 and we got married in 2012. It was only a private wedding but we have pictures of the wedding but only one casual photo of us together in 2009 .. He's been visiting me every 3months since we met in 2009...We love each other very much and this is indeed a genuine relationship but as far as I've read the significant age difference and no casual photos together are a potential red flag.. Could someone share there experience or take on this please?

Thanks in advance..

Pictures are not just secondary evidence at our embassy. They are proof of your relationship being around other people. Take pictures of you being out and about,in JA, but pictures of you being around friends and family. They asked who was in our pictures and what is their relationship to us. Such as family, friends, even my husband's dogs. They want to see your life as husband and wife told through pictures. Remember you are proving to them a real relationship.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

My husband (the petitioner) is 73yrs and I am 26yrs.. We've known each other since 2009 and we got married in 2012. It was only a private wedding but we have pictures of the wedding but only one casual photo of us together in 2009 .. He's been visiting me every 3months since we met in 2009...We love each other very much and this is indeed a genuine relationship but as far as I've read the significant age difference and no casual photos together are a potential red flag.. Could someone share there experience or take on this please?

Thanks in advance..

Yes this is a huge red flag. And get a camera. And I love Jamaica. Been there many times. My wife and I take 300-400 pics every time I see her. With cel phones and a Canon camera we are always snapping. It also helps us thru this process we have all these pics to look at when we are separated. Good luck to ya hope all goes well. :thumbs:

I AM USC

Timeline

Yes this is a huge red flag. And get a camera. And I love Jamaica. Been there many times. My wife and I take 300-400 pics every time I see her. With cel phones and a Canon camera we are always snapping. It also helps us thru this process we have all these pics to look at when we are separated. Good luck to ya hope all goes well. :thumbs:

:( and we do have a camera I just do not like taking pics and did not think about the fact that they would eventually become extremely essential.. You got to love it, its great here! lol.. I too hope all goes well.. Thanks so much for your response.

Pictures are not just secondary evidence at our embassy. They are proof of your relationship being around other people. Take pictures of you being out and about,in JA, but pictures of you being around friends and family. They asked who was in our pictures and what is their relationship to us. Such as family, friends, even my husband's dogs. They want to see your life as husband and wife told through pictures. Remember you are proving to them a real relationship.

You are right, makes sense to me.. We are at the final stage now and have no time to take pics... Silly me.. Thanks much for your response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

:thumbs: My thoughts exactly.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

As someone mentioned before, your red flags keep increasing the more often you post... think about it from a CO point of view:

No pictures - "because I don't like having my picture taken"

No emails - " I deleted them all, I didn't think about them being important. My husband deleted them all too"

No phone records - "He uses a calling card so no records"

No hotel receipts, or any receipts of doing things together - "He stays with me and we just didn't think to keep receipts"

Etc.... the excuses will most sound fishy.

With the almost 50 year age gap you will most likely have a huge uphill battle. The only suggestion I can think of at this point is, since he is retired have him visit now, and stay through the interview. If they allow him in the embassy - take him with you! If they do not allow him in at least you will have had a few more months face to face, hopefully some pictures with the family by then, etc. At this point every bit will help.

Best of luck!

Edited by MedRoni

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.