kally101

Will significant age difference pose a problem in interview date? Please help!

114 posts in this topic

Kally,

Make sure you have photos, western union receipts,phone records(Digicel/Lime) just call customer service they will instruct you how to get the phone records.

Try and get a joint account with him and get a ATM card with your name on it.

Ask your husband to go in his 'Sent Items' in his email to see if the emails are still there that he sent over the years.(hopefully he did'nt delete those as well).

you should also update your timeline so other members can have an idea of each agency (USCIS/NVC) processing time.

All the best on your interview!

Edited by Judy2Rock

Filed: Timeline

I know, I know I deserve a major beat down for not using my brain... If our intentions were just for me to get immigration benefits I probably would have put more thought into this.. My husband is a black American citizen and even though its hard to believe I really do hate taking pictures and he doesn't care too much about taking pictures either..We have actually been to the beach together, movies, restaurants, tour sites but just did not think about taking pictures together just to use for evidence and at the time since I hate taking pics I did not see a reason to take any, yup now am living in regret..Again we did have loads and loads of email conversations since 2009 and I went through and deleted telling myself i was cleaning up my email and believe me he does that also.. He saved some of his international calling cards that he used to call me.. I know u suggested not to tell IO these things, but this is whats happening, all of this is the truth and this is what I have to tell them. He knows my family well and I know a lot about his family also.. I can understand where you are coming from but if my husband just merely wanted to help me, would he have spent all that money to come here to see me every three months since 2009? We were ignorant and we will obviously face the consequences but I stated before maybe if our intention was only to help me get a visa just to enter the us then maybe we would have sat down and thought about things like that.. My husband will come for my interview.. Thanks so much for your response, much appreciated!

Young Lady, it's not a beat down but I think you are being awakened to the journey ahead from experienced folks.

One thing I'll tell you is that embassies are different. So what works in Canada or Sweden may not necessarily work in Nigeria or El Salvador.

So take these stuff as constructive criticism and get together with your Man and you GUys build what you can quickly or perhaps you need to delay the interview for a bit.

We should be able to get affidavits from our friends and family.. We just did not save stuff and I keep beating myself up for that! We had loads of receipts from flowers and jewelry he bought but he gets rid of them after a while.. He does have proof of his trips here, I've never been to the US, I have 2pics ,one with him and my aunt and another with him and one of my sisters, he does not have a facebook and he got skype late 2012 we did converse on their a few times, he usses a landline and calling cards to call my landline most times, he does call my cell sometimes but when I called my carrier and asked for call records they are only able to provide these for the last 3months. When he comes he stays at my house and my aunt who grew me lives here so we should be able to get an affidavit from her also and we do have a restaurant where we go regularly whenever he comes here.. Thanks for your concern..

Kally- Go back to skye and print the whatever records is there and take it with you. If he calls your landline (assuming Lime) I am sure that Lime can provide the record for these calls. If he call your Digi/Lime cell phone you can get more than 3 months of record. I just got from Lime last week my records records from 2012 to present.

Edited by Judy2Rock

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kally- Go back to skye and print the whatever records is there and take it with you. If he calls your landline (assuming Lime) I am sure that Lime can provide the record for these calls. If he call your Digi/Lime cell phone you can get more than 3 months of record. I just got from Lime last week my records records from 2012 to present.

I did call lime and ask them about phone records and they said they are only able to provide records of calls that were sent out from the land line and not the ones that were received. Judy this would have been great evidence as he's been calling me every other night since we met in 2009.. He called me just a few times on my digicel mobile phone but the said they can only provide records for the last three months. He could have gotten records from his carrier had he not used calling cards to call me. Thank you for your response Judy..

Young Lady, it's not a beat down but I think you are being awakened to the journey ahead from experienced folks.

One thing I'll tell you is that embassies are different. So what works in Canada or Sweden may not necessarily work in Nigeria or El Salvador.

So take these stuff as constructive criticism and get together with your Man and you GUys build what you can quickly or perhaps you need to delay the interview for a bit.

Real words..

Timeline

Kally,

Make sure you have photos, western union receipts,phone records(Digicel/Lime) just call customer service they will instruct you how to get the phone records.

Try and get a joint account with him and get a ATM card with your name on it.

Ask your husband to go in his 'Sent Items' in his email to see if the emails are still there that he sent over the years.(hopefully he did'nt delete those as well).

you should also update your timeline so other members can have an idea of each agency (USCIS/NVC) processing time.

All the best on your interview!

I did ask him about the emails and he did not keep those either.. I do have western union receipts.. Thank you Judy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Awww don't be sad! This is a long process and it's hard to go through it. I guess you're starting now and if you start with a sad mood it's going to be even harder sad.gif

In the end it would just take a bit longer! It's not like they're going to make you guys divorce!

Good luck and hugs!

You do need pictures for proof that you have spent time together, with family and friends. Interacted as a couple while with one another. Don't be sad, this is a long process but one that can be done with the help of VJ members. Also, start saving chats, phone records if you have not done so yet. You will need letters from family and friends from both sides to support your ongoing relationship. This will show that you outwardly have shared your relationship with everyone around you.

It will take a bit longer but it can be done. Best of luck and do please use your camera next time for pictures!

Well said!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Do you have a fb page? Guessing for his age I bet he doesnt have one, but one of the proof I took to my interview were facebook printpages, mostly of the day I changed my status to "engage with" and I uploaded the photos of our engagement party with our family and friends. So you can see the comments and good wishes. I also took with me: photos (not only of the both of us but also with friends and family), receipts from phone calls, hotels, restaurants, rent cars, flight itinineraries, copies of boarding passes, airplane tickets, guide tours, passport stamps, emails, letters, cards, receipt of my engagement ring and sworn affidavits of our family and friends that we are truly in love (3 of each side) and print pages from facebook and skype. Copy of money transfers and western union. The funny thing is that even though we prepared a huge amount of evidence, it was never requested during my interview. My interview lasted less than 6 min and I was approved. But I just want to share my list of evidence cause we had our red flags ourselves, too. My now husband and I are related (we're 3rd cousin), he is 11 years older than me and he was divorce. Actually the only real issue was the fact we're related so we were advice, we should have as much evidence as we can. In the end, thank God we didn't need it at all but at least we were sure we had plenty of it. I know you are not a photo person but to be truly honest in my 2 years of being a Visajourney member, never saw a huge gasp of age difference like the 2 of you, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. So the next time, take some envelope with you so you can storage every single receipt and take as many pics as you can.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

You do need pictures for proof that you have spent time together, with family and friends. Interacted as a couple while with one another. Don't be sad, this is a long process but one that can be done with the help of VJ members. Also, start saving chats, phone records if you have not done so yet. You will need letters from family and friends from both sides to support your ongoing relationship. This will show that you outwardly have shared your relationship with everyone around you.

It will take a bit longer but it can be done. Best of luck and do please use your camera next time for pictures!

I have learned and thanks to you VJ members for your help and suggestions.. You are right it is now obvious that it is going to be a long process.. I will save as much a I can from now on.. Thanks so much for your suggestions and concern, much appreciated!

Timeline

Do you have a fb page? Guessing for his age I bet he doesnt have one, but one of the proof I took to my interview were facebook printpages, mostly of the day I changed my status to "engage with" and I uploaded the photos of our engagement party with our family and friends. So you can see the comments and good wishes. I also took with me: photos (not only of the both of us but also with friends and family), receipts from phone calls, hotels, restaurants, rent cars, flight itinineraries, copies of boarding passes, airplane tickets, guide tours, passport stamps, emails, letters, cards, receipt of my engagement ring and sworn affidavits of our family and friends that we are truly in love (3 of each side) and print pages from facebook and skype. Copy of money transfers and western union. The funny thing is that even though we prepared a huge amount of evidence, it was never requested during my interview. My interview lasted less than 6 min and I was approved. But I just want to share my list of evidence cause we had our red flags ourselves, too. My now husband and I are related (we're 3rd cousin), he is 11 years older than me and he was divorce. Actually the only real issue was the fact we're related so we were advice, we should have as much evidence as we can. In the end, thank God we didn't need it at all but at least we were sure we had plenty of it. I know you are not a photo person but to be truly honest in my 2 years of being a Visajourney member, never saw a huge gasp of age difference like the 2 of you, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. So the next time, take some envelope with you so you can storage every single receipt and take as many pics as you can.

thanks so much for sharing this.. He does not have a fb page and I had to beg him to get a skype account and he eventually did last August, I'll print our convos from that.. We had tons of receipts and stuff but he got rid of them once they piled up.. we just did not think! I do have western union receipts and he has records of his visits here.. We will see about getting affidavits from family and friends.. Again thanks for sharing your experience, much appreciated and congrats!

Its seems to me that we got alot of comedians in VJ lol some of your comments keeps cracking me up

anyway enough joke

someone here told me that her age difference is two times more than mine

if you knew what people were telling me about age differences before i started you would have told me to stop but i did not give

i got approved in just 15 mins of interview right now am in my AOS proccess and have an interview next month

what am trying to say is that it is possible

but dont get mad when people here suggest something for you

ask more questions

get to know your man more his past present and future

Good luck

Love stretches your heart and makes you BIG inside

Timeline

Its seems to me that we got alot of comedians in VJ lol some of your comments keeps cracking me up

anyway enough joke

someone here told me that her age difference is two times more than mine

if you knew what people were telling me about age differences before i started you would have told me to stop but i did not give

i got approved in just 15 mins of interview right now am in my AOS proccess and have an interview next month

what am trying to say is that it is possible

but dont get mad when people here suggest something for you

ask more questions

get to know your man more his past present and future

Good luck

Yea I do understand and I love the suggestions. Not getting mad at all.. I do know my husband well but what they need is hard evidence unfortunately they will not take my word for it. You said it is possible, this gave me a little hope.. Thanks so much for your input.

don't listen to him/her... That s so disrespectful

I thought it was also. Thank you smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I think our job here as vj members is to help and guide not to judge. She is here requesting our help for her immigration process, I didn't read anything about she requestiong our opinion or our thoughts about her life desicions or why she married her husband. It's her business not ours. Even when is unusual it doesn't mean she entered in a fake marriage. I married my 3rd cousin :) and he is the love of my life.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

I think our job here as vj members is to help and guide not to judge. She is here requesting our help for her immigration process, I didn't read anything about she requestiong our opinion or our thoughts about her life desicions or why she married her husband. It's her business not ours. Even when is unusual it doesn't mean she entered in a fake marriage. I married my 3rd cousin smile.png and he is the love of my life.

That's right, neither of them have done anything illegal, provided they got married in good faith. They are not proposing to circumvent any laws or do anything else questionable. The OP has been pleasant and willing to listen. We may not agree with them, but we owe them every consideration.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.