24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Incompetent f*ckers!! :ranting:

My husband just told me that I received a letter from immigration....they have returned my I-90 file!! They claim that I never responded to my RFE when they asked for 2 passport style photos. I'm so freakin' mad!! Not only did I track it via USPS to ensure it arrived, but I even received a freakin' email stating that they received it:

On January 27, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

I am soooooooooooooooo over these people! Ugh. Hubby called Senator's office and left voicemail, I'm on hold with the mis-information line. We'll see where it goes. I'm just so ready for this saga to be over with!!

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Un-f**king-believable!! What the heck are they doing there, besides giving you a pain in the head!! I hope this gets sorted out soon :angry: and you can be done with it all.

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline

I appreciate all the kind words! (L)

What came out of my phone call with the nice officer was: there's no record of your I-485 ever having been approved, nor of a I-90 ever having been filed (which isn't new - I've heard that the last 2 times I called....which is sort of worrying!!). Though he said he obviously understood that I received my card and therefore must have been approved, as well as believing me that I filed the I-90. His advice was "don't call the 800 number again" because they would not be able to tell me anything different and if they were they would just be guessing, which wouldn't do me any good. He said to send the file back to the place of origin since they would obviously have a record of my files since they sent this stuff to me. He said if that doesn't get me anywhere and if we get too frustrated, which he wuold understand if we did, then he advised me to have my husband call our senators office. So even the immigration officer told me to get the senator involved!! Haha.

He also commented that my file was really old (or something along those lines implying that my case should long be over with), and that it looked like my case was a mess (because of all the transfers, things going wrong, not showing up in the comp, etc).

Well, of course Patrick was already on the phone with the senator's office while I was still on hold waiting to talk to someone and left Charles Spry from Senator Isaakson's office a voicemail. In addition I made an Infopass appointment for Tuesday the 7th to see if they can do anything for me, and if nothing else if they can give me the I-551 stamp for a year so that I have that stress off my shoulders. I guess we shall see!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dam there giving you the run around.

Is this all out of the Atlanta office. Thats where were going thru too.

Hope you hear some good news soon. You have waited long enough.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that it is still a mess with your case. Good luck and hope you get it resolved soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
He also commented that my file was really old (or something along those lines implying that my case should long be over with), and that it looked like my case was a mess (because of all the transfers, things going wrong, not showing up in the comp, etc).

Wow, when even they are saying it's a mess. I really hope there's an end to this situation for you soon. (F)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

steffi,

was jus chkng yr timeline and was just shocked yr journey started in 2003 and its not over yet.thats quite a timeline

ask them to move their butts there and get it done for you.

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good grief you would think they would at least have some sign of the approval somewhere. Why are they bothering with the no interview approvals if they cant even get those right. Good Luck on getting this sorted out.

MARRIED MAY 2003

Submitted AOS July 2003

Received NOA August 2004

Several EADs in the process

Interview July 2005 (waiting on approval, & waiting & waiting *sigh* are we there yet?)

Submitted renewal of 3rd EAD Sept 05

Biometrics for EAD renewal Oct 26th (3 hour drive) even though there is an ASC 15 mins from my house... no appts available there :(

Oct 27th - Sent strong letter to District Director requesting a decision*** Hope this works :(

October 29th - Sent letter to congressman for help.

AOS Approved - Email Notice Nov 17th it's about bloody time... *sipping on my Guinness*

Nov 18th --- Welcome to America Letter received...

Nov 19th 10 year Green Card received in the mail.... Good bye USCIS .. until Citizenship

Timeline

Again, thanks everyone for the support! It's much appreciated in a time where I'm needing to vent.

Dam there giving you the run around.

Is this all out of the Atlanta office. Thats where were going thru too.

Hope you hear some good news soon. You have waited long enough.

I did originally go through Atlanta, but you know how it goes with them trying to centralize everything through NBC. So who knows who is really involved with it. I wish you better luck through Atlanta than I have!!

was jus chkng yr timeline and was just shocked yr journey started in 2003 and its not over yet.thats quite a timeline

ask them to move their butts there and get it done for you.

I know, they need to go ahead and get my files out of the way so that they can focus on newer people! ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ouch!!! sorry to hear that you are getting the run-around... doesn't give you much room to have faith in our government does it? i wish you the best... hope you can get everything resolved soon!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Timeline

Charles Spry from Senator Isaakson's office just called back and requested that we fax back all the I-90 documents so that they can get on it, yay. I'll compile everything possible tonight so that I can fax it to him so that he can find it first thing. I'm still going to keep my Infopass appointment though and see if there's anything else I can get out of them. Plus of course if I get that I-551 stamp I'll be a lot more relieved as well. What a pain though! I can't believe I'm about to have to send them a THIRD set of photos because they couldn't get it right the first time...or second time for that matter.

Edited by Steffi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What a cluster #### is all I can say! OMG...you have so much more patience than I do.

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline
What a cluster #### is all I can say! OMG...you have so much more patience than I do.

No I don't....I just have no other choice. *LOL*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

So sorry this is all still going on! (F)

You have a photo of a totally different person on your GC??? At this point, it might be easier to just have plastic surgery to make you look like your GC photo!!!! :unsure:

Hope it all gets straightened out soon!

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.