24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Man! :( You just don't have any luck at all with that! Well, here's raising a wish for good fortune that it all gets straightened up soon from Illinois.

(F)

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
You have a photo of a totally different person on your GC???

Yup, a photo of some other girl! And I should have gone with that plastic surgery...damn! *L*

We faxed over all the I-90 documents to the senator's office Thursday night and Patrick called on Friday to make sure everything got there ok. Charles Spry said he'd received everything and they'd start looking into the case. *fingers crossed*

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good god, Steffi! They are really out to get you, aren't they?

Hope you sort it out soon. Look at it this way, at least you have something to do! Ever since

I got my green card, I feel strangely deprived - having nothing to file until Oct 2008. :lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
Good god, Steffi! They are really out to get you, aren't they?

Hope you sort it out soon. Look at it this way, at least you have something to do! Ever since

I got my green card, I feel strangely deprived - having nothing to file until Oct 2008. :lol:

I think you've got a point...I think they ARE trying to get me! Haha. :P And you do have a point, they do keep me on my toes. They must have heard that I'm going to write a book about my immigration story, so they just want to make sure I have sufficient material for it. :lol:

I can't believe they are doing this to you, Steffi After waiting for so long, you of all people should have your GC already! I hope it will get sorted out soon, good luck.

Thank you for the kind words! :)

What's giong on with your case btw? Could you not try to re-open the case? Or is it easier just to start from scratch? Man that really sucks! I can't believe they did that to you. Here's to your case getting approved really fast now that you had to start over again.

What's giong on with your case btw? Could you not try to re-open the case? Or is it easier just to start from scratch? Man that really sucks! I can't believe they did that to you. Here's to your case getting approved really fast now that you had to start over again.

I had to reapply for AOS/EAD from the very start again :angry:

We decided to reapply instead of trying to reopen for a few reasons. My EAD got revoked because of that denial and I need to be able to work again as soon as possible, but nobody could tell me how long the process to reopen would take (they said could take a few months or even over a year), in the meanwhile I wouldn't be able to work all that time. If I reapply, I'm supposed to have a new EAD processed in 90 days. Another thing is that we changed our address right now and it's easier just to send a new application with an udated address than to try and make them correct the address on the old one. And when we went for an infopass they told us if the motion to reopen gets denied for some reason too, then most likely they will send out a deportation letter :o, but if I just reapply then I have nothing to worry about.

Timeline
I had to reapply for AOS/EAD from the very start again :angry:

We decided to reapply instead of trying to reopen for a few reasons. My EAD got revoked because of that denial and I need to be able to work again as soon as possible, but nobody could tell me how long the process to reopen would take (they said could take a few months or even over a year), in the meanwhile I wouldn't be able to work all that time. If I reapply, I'm supposed to have a new EAD processed in 90 days. Another thing is that we changed our address right now and it's easier just to send a new application with an udated address than to try and make them correct the address on the old one. And when we went for an infopass they told us if the motion to reopen gets denied for some reason too, then most likely they will send out a deportation letter :o, but if I just reapply then I have nothing to worry about.

Wow. Well best of luck!!

Best of luck to all of you going through all this ####### when you guys did everything right...I really hope things will get sorted out soon! (F)

Anastasia: I'm so sorry you had to start all over again...but that was definitely the best option. I can see from your timeline that things are proceeding and you have your Biometrics appointment tomorrow: GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

Ok, I went to my Infopass appointment this morning. I went ahead and took 2 passport photos yesterday - just in case. I reprinted a new I-90 with today's date - just in case. Patrick and I arrived for our 9:30 appointment at probably 9:20, were ushered into the waiting hall by 9:30 and were seen at about 10:05. We talked to the immigration officer for half an hour (not only regarding my case, but also what a mess the Atlanta office is - apparently half the office, and the part that handles the I-485's, is now located in Dunwoody, about 20-30 minutes north of the city office...among other things that are a mess there right now).

The outcome was pretty much what we expected. We showed her all the letters that we had received...the returned I-90 and supporting documents, the letter asking for the RFE, the email stating the RFE was received, and the letter stating our case was closed because they never received our RFE. The officer could not tell us what was going on with my file. She commented that things looked like a mess because certain things were never entered into the computer. At least her computer seemed to show more than the officer I talked to through the 800 number. Her advice was: since our file is such a mess, just start from scratch. Don't bother sending any of this other paperwork in (that was returned from the previous filing), because it would just confuse whoever would receive it. I'd be better of starting from the beginning, and then when they check the computer they would "hopefully realize they're idiots and that they messed up" (or something along those lines, hahaha). She said this time I'll hopefully receive a receipt, because otherwise it’s pretty much impossible for them to track. Which makes sense too since I never received a I-90 receipt and in turn it doesn’t show up in the computer as ever having been filed.

When we received the I-90 package back it had all kinds of scribbles along the side, among others a number that started with "NBC" and then the numbers. We asked her if that was a receipt number and she said yes. We told her that we tried to enter it into the case status search thing, but that there was one number too many so we couldn't get any result. So of course it did not help her either due to the extra number (maybe that's why I never received a receipt??). She said hopefully we'll get a receipt this time around. She also said to go ahead and send in the 2 passport photographs with the new I-90, however NOT to send in the original green card!! We verified with her several times NOT to send in the original card even though the I-90 instructions tell you to do so. She said that this time I should receive the receipt, followed by a biometrics letter. She said at that point (biometrics appointment) they should take my original card from me. She said to go ahead and just send them a photocopy of the green card, as well as a photocopy of my passport like I sent in last time.

When she told us where to send the I-90 to she was confused for a second, because now they print cards through California or something, so she went back and forth, back and forth about whether to send the I-90 in to CSC or NBC. In the end she said send it to NBC. After that I asked her if she could give me the I-551 stamp because I was afraid to walk around with a green card with the wrong photo, and in case I needed to travel. She told me she would go ahead and give me a 3-month I-551 stamp, but unfortunately couldn't give me a 1-year because I did not have a receipt for the I-90. She went ahead and made it valid until July 1st, so at least that's a relief and hopefully I can get the new card before then (I anticipate on traveling in late June). So that at least takes a lot of stress off my shoulders.

So I left today, not crying, but relieved with a 3-month I-551 stamp. When I got home I assembled the new I-90 according to her instructions, and will run over to the post office in a few minutes to send it off. I had a couple of co-workers touch the envelope for good luck. Third time's a charm, right?? ;)

Here's to a speedy CORRECT 10-year green card! :D *fingers crossed*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.