Scott65

I Cannot Believe It!!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is not in the least bit surprising to me, just another shining example of bloated government agency that should be dismantled and privatized! Anything the government is involved in will be completely incompetent and cost ten times as much! As you point out if they had to compete in the private sector they would be eaten alive!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

haha, I can believe it, unfortunately. thanks for sharing it for posterity though. sometimes you just have to write it all out to truly capture the inanity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A process that can suddenly churn out 4 month old petitions, while ignoring 8+ month old pettiions, is broken.

But can we do anything about? Not much, I guess. But it is still broken.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1365874689[/url]' post='6148632']

Stop the nonsense and start preparing for your fiancee to arrive. You have a lot to do.

The process is not broken, the process is not designed to answer the anxious questions of every petitioner. So stop it. You will only become more frustrated and accomplish nothing to help your fiancee.

You will get a notification in the mail when the petition is approved.

Thanks for your absolute unhelpful comment. My fiancée and I have ALL our paperwork complete for her interview, except for the police report. But that is an afternoon visit for her. As for our relationship we talk on the phone daily, write letters, Skype, text message.. ALL of which I am grateful..

I also have ALL my "ducks in a row" here in the US. So I am also prepared.

The only piece missing is the ability to move on as a family.

In the process I have been let down by my own government and that is a tradgety.

I hope everyone is approved quickly and don't have to wait unnecessarily.

Edited by Scott65

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I don't buy the "I have a friend at CSC" story, reminds me of all the celebrity forums, almost every thread someone will say "I am friends with Keanu Reeves doctor" and "I'm friends with Kardashian's trainer", it's just a way for someone to add credibility to what they are saying without any proof of the actual relationship, I wouldn't take anything that guy has to say seriously.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

when i sent my RFE to VSC i didn't see an update that they received my RFE! and its been a week so i called them just to see if they got it, i waited for an hour just to hear from a lady call us back in 30 days and we will be able to tell you if we have your RFE... really??? you cant tell me now you if you got it.. she said no!! call back in 30 days!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I used an infopass to go to my local USCIS office in San Jose a few weeks ago. I waited for about half an hour, and finally had a chance to speak to a lady there. I asked her why CSC is taking so long to process, and I showed her the stats and timeline published from USCIS, but she wouldn't even listen to me. She said that CSC is working on things that are not published on the web. I asked her what they have been working on, and she said she does not know. There is one useful thing that she said that day - she has access to as much information as I do, and she can only do as much as what I can do. That almost made me cry that day. I felt so desperate because I realized that these people from the local offices and tier 1 representatives are basically hired to help those people who don't know how to use the internet. They are completely useless, and they can't help anyone. They operate like machines, and helping people is not part of the program. It is really depressing to think that our life and future are dependent on these people.

event.png

Timeline

Stop the nonsense and start preparing for your fiancee to arrive. You have a lot to do.

The process is not broken, the process is not designed to answer the anxious questions of every petitioner. So stop it. You will only become more frustrated and accomplish nothing to help your fiancee.

Wow you're for sure helping.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I used an infopass to go to my local USCIS office in San Jose a few weeks ago. I waited for about half an hour, and finally had a chance to speak to a lady there. I asked her why CSC is taking so long to process, and I showed her the stats and timeline published from USCIS, but she wouldn't even listen to me. She said that CSC is working on things that are not published on the web. I asked her what they have been working on, and she said she does not know. There is one useful thing that she said that day - she has access to as much information as I do, and she can only do as much as what I can do. That almost made me cry that day. I felt so desperate because I realized that these people from the local offices and tier 1 representatives are basically hired to help those people who don't know how to use the internet. They are completely useless, and they can't help anyone. They operate like machines, and helping people is not part of the program. It is really depressing to think that our life and future are dependent on these people.

I have a name for them, I call them mindless government drones!!!

Timeline

allow me to help you redefine nonsense: (as per Mr. Webster) foolish or meaningless words or actions....(kind of like your post) or the current perception of efficiency in government.

Edited by bingowashisnameoh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

WOW!! That is all I can say! The system is DEFINITELY broken! I am not even bothering with the infopass.I am still waiting to hear from my congresswoman, it will be three weeks this Tuesday! Last time I called her office they pretty much told me "we will call you when we hear back USCIS has 45 days to get back to us." We have tried everything else. :( At this point we will be lucky to get our NOA2 within a year...I am happy for those that got approved in 4 months but it's just not fair to keep the rest of us waiting without an explanation!!!

Try signing the White House petition that is going around, at this point anything MIGHT help: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/expedite-processing-i129f-petitions-meet-current-government-processing-goals-5-months/rp6yP4Jw

K1 Visa
Service Center: California
I-129f Sent: 08/3/2012
I-129f NOA1: 08/06/2012
I-129f RFE(s): NONE
I-129f Reply(s): NONE
I-129f NOA2: 04/23/2013
NVC Received:5/13/2013
NVC Left:
Consulate Received (Dublin, Ireland):
Packet 3 Received:
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
US Entry:
Wedding:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.