confusedn400

need urgent help - interview experience - decision cannot be made,really tensed

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i went to chicago do for the interview today, 5 year (employment), gc for 10 years now. interview passed for me with congratulations checked in n652 ,

but wife interview english/civic test passed but the IO said to her that he "needs to check more and you will get the oath letter" and n652 checked with decision cannot be made. io was asian for her and was really not in good mood and corrected her multiple times. on n652, interview date was marked as 04/10 instead of 04/11,

I am really concerned and dont know what to do. is this really a big issue, or what is your feedback.

please help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Can you explain more about the io correcting her multiple times? Did he request additional documents or say what needs to be checked? I know that a supervisor usually signs off prior to final approval. That may be it, but it's hard to know since he marked the other box on the form. Did he tell her that she passed the English and civics parts? Hope you get an answer soon!

event.png

io didnt ask for any documents, for her work address she had corporate address in the form but she works at retail location in nearby town, so he asked about it, and said it should be the local address.

she had paystubs, w2, employment verfication letter, but nothing was asked for.

n652 does have english and histroy test passed as selected.

any idea what is going on?

Edited by confusedn400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i went to chicago do for the interview today, 5 year (employment), gc for 10 years now. interview passed for me with congratulations checked in n652 ,

but wife interview english/civic test passed but the IO said to her that he "needs to check more and you will get the oath letter" and n652 checked with decision cannot be made. io was asian for her and was really not in good mood and corrected her multiple times. on n652, interview date was marked as 04/10 instead of 04/11,

I am really concerned and dont know what to do. is this really a big issue, or what is your feedback.

please help

What's wrong with being Asian? I personally cant see what the problem is with your wife's case based on the facts you have presented so far. Just be patient and wait for their letter.

If you can't change your mind, are you sure you still have one?

03/07/2013 N-400(Marriage based)mailed to Dallas,TX office
03/14/2013 Check cashed
03/13/2013 NOA
04/05/2013 Biometrics(done)
04/09/2013 In line for the interview

05/29/2013 Interview

06/14/2013 Oath letter

08/07/2013 Oath ceremony (5 months since application)

08/07/2013 A US citizen!

December 2013 U.S. Passport and new Social Security card in hand!

My Facebook page for teaching English: https://www.facebook.com/EnglishForMoroccansNow/

What's wrong with being Asian? I personally cant see what the problem is with your wife's case based on the facts you have presented so far. Just be patient and wait for their letter.

sorry, i didnt meant to point that out. i was just giving some background and mention that there was lot of communication issues.

guess,i will have to wait for their action. just worried, and wanted to check with the group on here.

Hi,

There is nothing to worry about your process. You can check with a immigration lawyer to, since you have some worries about your interview.

please help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's quite common to mention ethnicity or morphology when someone's had an "issue" with an agent. You will find at one particular embassy for example people will ask "did you get the asian lady?" because she's well known at that embassy to cause problems.

So I assume the same reason here, the OP was using identifiers (since they don't usually tell you their name) to "warn" people about her or hope someone says "don't worry, she's always grumpy but it will be fine". I don't think it had a negative tone at all.

Timeline

It's quite common to mention ethnicity or morphology when someone's had an "issue" with an agent. You will find at one particular embassy for example people will ask "did you get the asian lady?" because she's well known at that embassy to cause problems.

So I assume the same reason here, the OP was using identifiers (since they don't usually tell you their name) to "warn" people about her or hope someone says "don't worry, she's always grumpy but it will be fine". I don't think it had a negative tone at all.

That's right! I remember when I was going through the K1 process, many applicants complained about particular officers and referred to them either by ethnicity or physical features. I totally understand that. I am not sure though when people highlight the ethnicity for no obvious reason. Prejudice is widespread. As a minority myself, I witness it often. So I asked the guy above to clarify as I don't know where s/he is coming from.

Thanks for your feedback!

03/14/2013 Check cashed
03/13/2013 NOA

05/29/2013 Interview

06/14/2013 Oath letter

08/07/2013 A US citizen!

My Facebook page for teaching English: https://www.facebook.com/EnglishForMoroccansNow/

coming back to topic, what do you guys of the decision cannot be made. do i have to worry about anything?

As we think and talk more, in her employment information we put the corporate headquarter address which is in different state then the local state she is working at. Io asked her about it and she said that the address in n400 is the corporate address and she works at this location near our home.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

coming back to topic, what do you guys of the decision cannot be made. do i have to worry about anything?

As we think and talk more, in her employment information we put the corporate headquarter address which is in different state then the local state she is working at. Io asked her about it and she said that the address in n400 is the corporate address and she works at this location near our home.

DID your wife had any speeding tickets, any trouble with the law? it might not be that, it could be the IO just wanting to go over some stuff and make sure he is doing the right thing, it's not only you who is being scared at that day the IO also has to make sure that he grants US citizenship and make the right decisions. Don't get to worried, everything will be okay.

DID your wife had any speeding tickets, any trouble with the law? it might not be that, it could be the IO just wanting to go over some stuff and make sure he is doing the right thing, it's not only you who is being scared at that day the IO also has to make sure that he grants US citizenship and make the right decisions. Don't get to worried, everything will be okay.

thanks for the feedback, 1 ticket back in 2009 for missing sticker and thats it. clean driving record, IO didnt want to see the DMV drivers record.

Timeline

The address doesnt seem to be an issue! She normally has to put the address where she works/worked and not the address of the headquarters unless she works there. I have never encountered any case where someone had issues because of an employment address.

The IO told her during the interview that she needed to put the local address. Did the IO make a big deal of it? Did your wife lie about it? Was she trying to hide where she works for some reason? It seems like a minor issue to me unless the IO thinks that your wife lied under oath, which is very unlikely as there is nothing at stake.

You didnt answer a question that someone ask you above! What was the correction about?

Honestly, you want us to tell you "dont worry", but you will feel worried regardless. There is nothing that you have mentioned so far that makes your wife's case look "bad". Who knows what USCIS is thinking!? Please let us know what the issue is when you receive your letter or may be you will end up receiving an oath letter instead (I hope).

Good luck!

03/14/2013 Check cashed
03/13/2013 NOA

05/29/2013 Interview

06/14/2013 Oath letter

08/07/2013 A US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I really believe it will be fine. It may be that they want to check out the work address since they thougjt she was working in another city. Or it could be that rhe io can't give approval until a supervisor says okay. It looks like a lot of people hear back in a week or two. If not you can always make an infopass for clarification.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

she is working there for last 10 years, IO asked about the address and she said that it is the corporate address and she works at the local location.

correction, was about the address of the work location and thats it.

It's not a big deal. Sure, she should have put the ACTUAL address (I liken it to working at McDonald's but putting the corporate address instead of the local address) but the only reason it would be a big deal is if the location she works at would indicate that she doesn't live with you (being too far from your "home" address). The IO's are trained to be suspicious and that would be something they consider a "lie". Not enough to be denied for, but enough for them to double-check the case.

Try not to stress. I know it's hard but it should be fine :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.