Takeo

Sent Letter to Senator (Hawaii)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Three weeks ago, I sent an email to one of my State Senators. After not hearing from her for over 2 weeks, I sent an email to the second State Senator. Today, a friend of mine who use to work for the first Senator, called the office and found out that they had received my email, but it had been sitting to be addressed. Turns out there is a staff person who handles Immigration Issues, but he had not gotten to my request for assistance yet. With the phone call from my friend, lets see if there is any progress. My Fiance is flying in from Japan with her dog, if the K1 is not approved by June, she will have to postpone her flight to the end of the year because pets cannot fly from Japan in July-September.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well first question, why can't she travel from June to September?

Secondly, when did you file the I129F petition?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Well first question, why can't she travel from June to September?

Secondly, when did you file the I129F petition?

good luck

My Fiance cannot travel with her dog July thru September because it is their summer months and the airlines prohibits it. We spent months going thru the pre-quarantine process, which took months but in comparison to the visa process, it's a cake walk! My NOA2 date is 8/7/12.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, either she flys sans dog, or she'll have to delay. Hopefully you get lucky and get the visa earlier so you don't have this problem.

This is contingent on USCIS processing your I-129F in time, which doesn't look good at the moment.

Even if you received your NOA2 today, it is very unlikely you will have your visa in hand before the end of June. Sorry, you're going to have to accept this... If you are anything like me, you will only accept it after you have exausted all options up until June 30... You'll be on the phone with somebody trying to get it done. This can-do attitude won't get you anywhere in the visa process.

If you do get approved on July 1, then you need to travel within 90 days to the US, so hope for July 15 so you can travel with her dog on October 1.

Edited by Waiting234

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

Timeline

Even if you received your NOA2 today, it is very unlikely you will have your visa in hand before the end of June. Sorry, you're going to have to accept this... If you are anything like me, you will only accept it after you have exausted all options up until June 30... You'll be on the phone with somebody trying to get it done. This can-do attitude won't get you anywhere in the visa process.

If you do get approved on July 1, then you need to travel within 90 days to the US, so hope for July 15 so you can travel with her dog on October 1.

Are you sure it's 90 days from visa issuance? From what I've read, it's up to 6 months. Some say it's 6 months from the medical evaluation date. So, if my fiance gets her eval 2 months before the interview, then we would have another 4 months to travel and then 90 days to marry after arriving.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

If its a small dog she can take it in the cabin like me with my cat!

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Timeline

Thats silly!! Fly with another company like US airlines or Delta? :(

wait I read just now that in the cabin under your fiance's chair (the front chair) can fit the animal and they can fly but not in the luggage cabin because that's where the big animals are carried.

Edited by Arinlars

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Timeline

Thats silly!! Fly with another company like US airlines or Delta? :(

wait I read just now that in the cabin under your fiance's chair (the front chair) can fit the animal and they can fly but not in the luggage cabin because that's where the big animals are carried.

ANA does not allow pets to fly in the cabin, at least not for International flights. I just read that certain short nosed dogs are restricted July to September, or when the runway is hot in Japan. My fiance's dog is a Pomeranian, so not a short nosed dog. We also face strict quarantine rules in Honolulu for the prevention of rabies. We have done all the testing and paperwork already. My fiance also has a rabbit, that's a whole other challenge.

Timeline

AH! I see!! Yeah short nosed dogs or cats are not allowed to yes. :( Sad.

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Timeline

After waiting 24 days since my email to Senator Hirono's office, I decided to give them a call, and I'm glad I did. Spoke to the staff assigned to my request and he quickly emailed me a consent form. I filled out, scalled, and faxed the form and attached a one page summary of my situation along with some info on CSC delays, DACA, generic responses from USCIS, stagnant timelines, and the "black hole" petitions. The staff said and inquiry will be sent, we'll see what CSC does or says.

Timeline

Hi, I was looking up for airlines that could carry a dog from Narita to the US in cargo in the summertime.

As for me, Singapore Airlines operates direct flights to Los Angeles and seems admitting dogs in summer as they recommend owners to choose flights in early mornings or evenings when it's hot.

Your fiancee might be able to check up direct flights to Honolulu once you get NOA2.

Skygate is handy to search one-way tickets:

http://www.skygate.co.jp/

K-1 Timeline
• Feb 22, 2013 – I-129F mailed via FedEx
• Feb 25, 2013 – USCIS Dallas Lockbox received
• Feb 27, 2013 – NOA1 date (CSC)
• Mar 04, 2013 – NOA1 hardcopy in mail

• Aug 07, 2013 – NOA2 (161 days)

• Aug 10, 2013 – NOA2 hardcopy in mail

• Sep 04, 2013 – file sent out from CSC

• Sep 12, 2013 – NVC assigned TKY case #

• Sep 13, 2013 – file in transit to TKY from NVC

• Sep 16, 2013 – CEAC site case status "READY"

• Oct 21, 2013 – Interview at Tokyo Embassy, approved in 3 minutes (236 days since NOA1)

• Oct 21, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Administrative Processing"

• Oct 22, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Issued"

• Oct 23, 2013 – K-1 visa delivered at around noon

j3sWp9.png

Timeline

Hi, I was looking up for airlines that could carry a dog from Narita to the US in cargo in the summertime.

As for me, Singapore Airlines operates direct flights to Los Angeles and seems admitting dogs in summer as they recommend owners to choose flights in early mornings or evenings when it's hot.

Your fiancee might be able to check up direct flights to Honolulu once you get NOA2.

Skygate is handy to search one-way tickets:

http://www.skygate.co.jp/

Thank you very much! We were checking other airlines, but of course most important is the safety of the dog. My fiance's dog is a Pomeranian and not restricted from the summer flights as I first thought, and we will still plan morning or evening flights, which needs to coordinate with Honolulu Quarantine because dog needs to be inspected and meet strict testing and paperwork requirements. She also has a rabbit, which has to go through an examination also and cannot fly on Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu to Hilo where I live. So we have to book another flight and I have to go get the rabbit for transport on another airline.

Timeline

I hear Hawaii quarantine procedure is much stricter than the mainland.

Good luck to her dog and rabbi-chan too!

Hope your case will be approved soon with your efforts :)

K-1 Timeline
• Feb 22, 2013 – I-129F mailed via FedEx
• Feb 25, 2013 – USCIS Dallas Lockbox received
• Feb 27, 2013 – NOA1 date (CSC)
• Mar 04, 2013 – NOA1 hardcopy in mail

• Aug 07, 2013 – NOA2 (161 days)

• Aug 10, 2013 – NOA2 hardcopy in mail

• Sep 04, 2013 – file sent out from CSC

• Sep 12, 2013 – NVC assigned TKY case #

• Sep 13, 2013 – file in transit to TKY from NVC

• Sep 16, 2013 – CEAC site case status "READY"

• Oct 21, 2013 – Interview at Tokyo Embassy, approved in 3 minutes (236 days since NOA1)

• Oct 21, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Administrative Processing"

• Oct 22, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Issued"

• Oct 23, 2013 – K-1 visa delivered at around noon

j3sWp9.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.