Takeo

Sent Letter to Senator (Hawaii)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello Takeo,

Really thought I replied to this thread, but it didn't show up...so here it goes again...

I'm thinking of contacting Senator Hirono's office soon, about the hold up at CSC. Was wondering if you've heard anything else from her office recently? What type of things did you put into your letter? When did you receive NOA1?

I know your pain with bringing the dog over as well. I'm currently living in Sweden with my SO, and will be moving back to Hawaii next week, and waiting out the rest of the visa process, with our large dog. We spent the money and months waiting, so that we can clear Hawaii's quarantine. Due to the quarantine laws, NO animals (except guide dogs) are allowed to fly in the cabin, on any airline into any place in Hawaii.

Good luck to you and your fiancé, and the animals! As glad as I am that Hawaii is protected, it sure can be a pain in the "okole"...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello Takeo,

Really thought I replied to this thread, but it didn't show up...so here it goes again...

I'm thinking of contacting Senator Hirono's office soon, about the hold up at CSC. Was wondering if you've heard anything else from her office recently? What type of things did you put into your letter? When did you receive NOA1?

I know your pain with bringing the dog over as well. I'm currently living in Sweden with my SO, and will be moving back to Hawaii next week, and waiting out the rest of the visa process, with our large dog. We spent the money and months waiting, so that we can clear Hawaii's quarantine. Due to the quarantine laws, NO animals (except guide dogs) are allowed to fly in the cabin, on any airline into any place in Hawaii.

Good luck to you and your fiancé, and the animals! As glad as I am that Hawaii is protected, it sure can be a pain in the "okole"...

I wish I had contacted the Senator's office earlier, never expected to be waiting over 8 months for NOA2. NOA1 date 8/7/12. I emailed from Senator Hirono's website, and after not hearing from them, I called. Staff is Marvin who handles immigration maters. He quickly sent me the consent form which I filled out, scanned, and emailed back with a one page summary. I told him about how I met my fiance, how many times we have met, the history of CSC delays, common responses from CSC when inquiries are made, etc. I just don't want the Senator's office to be given a "generic" answer. I am hoping that Marvin is experienced enough and persistent, to get a valid response from CSC. Good thing is, I see more August filers being processed, so I am hopeful! The quarantine is so strict, but we too have done all the testing and will then need to do the eval 14 days before, tick treatment, and mail the documents no less than 10 day before arrival. So strict on timelines it can drive one nuts....in addition to all the visa requirements, pain in the okole for sure! Whew! PM me if you want any more details. Mahalo! Aloha!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I wish I had contacted the Senator's office earlier, never expected to be waiting over 8 months for NOA2. NOA1 date 8/7/12. I emailed from Senator Hirono's website, and after not hearing from them, I called. Staff is Marvin who handles immigration maters. He quickly sent me the consent form which I filled out, scanned, and emailed back with a one page summary. I told him about how I met my fiance, how many times we have met, the history of CSC delays, common responses from CSC when inquiries are made, etc. I just don't want the Senator's office to be given a "generic" answer. I am hoping that Marvin is experienced enough and persistent, to get a valid response from CSC. Good thing is, I see more August filers being processed, so I am hopeful!

My fiance contacted his Congresswoman 3 weeks ago...he never got a reply from her office..disappointing...but meanwhile we got approved! :)

Takeo, hope you get a response to your RFE soon :)

Mahe, they started working on October filers too, so I'm pretty sure this week, or the next one you will get a response from them ;)

Good luck! :thumbs:

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Are you sure it's 90 days from visa issuance? From what I've read, it's up to 6 months. Some say it's 6 months from the medical evaluation date. So, if my fiance gets her eval 2 months before the interview, then we would have another 4 months to travel and then 90 days to marry after arriving.

visa good for travel for six months

marry within 90 days of POE

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Timeline

Jay Jay,

I actually thought about that but you are right, flights from Japan, if not planned way ahead of time, is very expensive. We just got an RFE and hoping that this will all be resolved within a months time. Flights are so costly, especially during the summer, so even if we complete the visa process by end of July, my fiance may still wait a couple months so she can use her mileage.

Cazzers,

Yes, got an RFE yesterday. Since Senator Hirono's office had agreed to do an inquiry for me, I decided to email them to ask if they could inquire on what the RFE was about, hoping it could speed up the process. After exchanging a few emails, it appeared the staff person was not familiar with the RFE process and basically said calling USCIS would not be protocol for them. I tried to tell him that another forum member was able to get information from USCIS about her RFE, through her local Senator's office, and had it resolved in 2 days but he didn't understand.

Stevie B,

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming that information. At least I know that once we are approved, it won't be a total rush for my fiance to fly here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I hope it doesn't take too long for you to receive your RFE. I remember my fiance received NOA1 letter in a little over 2 weeks :blink: We'll see now how long it takes to receive the NOA2 letter.

It would be so nice if they could give that info over the phone so that people can be prepaired when they receive the RFE letter. :thumbs:

Edited by cazzers
I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

don't forget, she doesn't have to travel with her dog, since it will be in quarantine once it arrives into Hawaii, she can send it ahead prior to the cut off date and hopefully reunite sooner when she arrives.

I sent my cat from Australia to Hawaii last August, and I arrived in December. He didn't need quarantine as Australia is rabies free, but he was quite happy and relaxed when I got here.

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Timeline

don't forget, she doesn't have to travel with her dog, since it will be in quarantine once it arrives into Hawaii, she can send it ahead prior to the cut off date and hopefully reunite sooner when she arrives.

I sent my cat from Australia to Hawaii last August, and I arrived in December. He didn't need quarantine as Australia is rabies free, but he was quite happy and relaxed when I got here.

Yes, she can send her dog ahead of time, but we completed the 5-day-or-less requirements which should allow an immediate release of her dog upon inpsection at the airport quarantine center. We did a 120 day waiting period after required shots and labwork, which makes the dog eligble to be released as long as the shots are up to date and I think within 3 years of the labwork. It's pretty complicated, but the wait is way less frustrating than the wait for NOA2!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.