19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We filled on September 12th and was told last week we had at least another 56 days to wait ! we thought we,d timed it right to get married on August 25th which is our anniversary ...will be lucky if i get there for Christmas ! ! ! ! This process is so depressing :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We filled on September 12th and was told last week we had at least another 56 days to wait ! we thought we,d timed it right to get married on August 25th which is our anniversary ...will be lucky if i get there for Christmas ! ! ! ! This process is so depressing :crying:

keep the faith how long has your petition been so far please post it

Have u booked and paid for the wedding? :( Only advise I can give is to make sure u have everything ready .

Police cert, vaccinations etc. Hope its not too much longer for u

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Timeline

Have u booked and paid for the wedding? :( Only advise I can give is to make sure u have everything ready .

Yep, I second that. Have everything ready for when it hits London. They take their time also, just like the CSC :bonk:

We had everything ready and it was still 2 months from NOA2 until our interview date.

Timeline

Yep ... Ive sent off for police report this week , have to get one from Spain too as i spent time there , got the kids passports renewed as they expire in September and checked all our vaccinations are up to date ..... what else have i forgot ?

I am the prime example as to why you are not allowed to plan anything...

1. March 2012 - Submitted I-129F - Expected for and planned Thanksgiving and Christmas in US.

2. September 2012 - Everyone else gets accepted except for us. We were depressed. We don't get accepted until November 30 or so. We were still happy though. Only 60-90 more days and we are homefree! Interview Feb 2013. Yay! 2 more weeks!

3. Medical Interview causes 8 week delay for ultra-slow TB culture test. We did three versions of tests on our own that take anywhere from 1 to 4 days, all negative. We didn't repeat the culture test because it is not possible in her country. Booked airline for 11 weeks from Medical interview, 8 + 2 = 10, so we should have plenty of time to get the visa before going. And, I saved us $400 per ticket by using JetBlue points, which are the most worthless airline points for last minute travelers.

4. Medical result takes 9 weeks, but that's ok. Standard turn around time after medical should be a couple of days, especially considering that would be our turn time if it were our date of the interview. When we drop off the passport to the Embassy, they say 4-5 weeks for visa issuance! Yikes.

5. Stuck with a $1,000 fee or more to change our flights... Nobody told us there would be more waiting after we waited for USCIS, waited for NVC, waited for Medical.. We assumed the standard 2 week visa issuance wait time. Don't assume anything! And, no, none of our extra waiting was our fault. It was completely arbitrary.

There will be more waiting is the moral of the story. Nobody tells you until you get to the next step either.

Edited by Waiting234

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

Timeline

you are about the same time frameas meand my fiance we just have to hang in there

Timeline

you are about the same time frameas meand my fiance we just have to hang in there

You'll be close to us in Anaheim :). Please fill out your timeline too. It helps with the stats on the site :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

[/quo

I feel your pain, we are 4 months behind you guys. :(

I wonder why they told you that you´ll have at least another 56 days until your NOA2(why such a concrete number now when usually they´re so vague?).

Does that mean they won´t re-shift their focus onto K1s until the 1st of June??? Is that their plan of action?! I was hoping that this long awaited shift of priorities would happen within the next few weeks....

Timeline

I thought that too , i would have expected them to say call back next week or you have a couple of months ? Maybe they have changed the script !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I am the prime example as to why you are not allowed to plan anything...

1. March 2012 - Submitted I-129F - Expected for and planned Thanksgiving and Christmas in US.

2. September 2012 - Everyone else gets accepted except for us. We were depressed. We don't get accepted until November 30 or so. We were still happy though. Only 60-90 more days and we are homefree! Interview Feb 2013. Yay! 2 more weeks!

3. Medical Interview causes 8 week delay for ultra-slow TB culture test. We did three versions of tests on our own that take anywhere from 1 to 4 days, all negative. We didn't repeat the culture test because it is not possible in her country. Booked airline for 11 weeks from Medical interview, 8 + 2 = 10, so we should have plenty of time to get the visa before going. And, I saved us $400 per ticket by using JetBlue points, which are the most worthless airline points for last minute travelers.

4. Medical result takes 9 weeks, but that's ok. Standard turn around time after medical should be a couple of days, especially considering that would be our turn time if it were our date of the interview. When we drop off the passport to the Embassy, they say 4-5 weeks for visa issuance! Yikes.

5. Stuck with a $1,000 fee or more to change our flights... Nobody told us there would be more waiting after we waited for USCIS, waited for NVC, waited for Medical.. We assumed the standard 2 week visa issuance wait time. Don't assume anything! And, no, none of our extra waiting was our fault. It was completely arbitrary.

There will be more waiting is the moral of the story. Nobody tells you until you get to the next step either.

:thumbs:

Even for our perfectly normal medical results, it added 2 weeks on that we weren't expecting. I scheduled the flights for about a month after our interview and ended up getting the visa about 10 days before the flights but that included a lot of stressing out that they might not mail out the visa right away, etc. It is best to wait to plan things until after the visa is in hand. :thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

March 2 filer here and still waiting for the NOA2. God bless us all! :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

236 days and still waiting, I might spend my 2nd christmas in Sweden!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.