^_^

White Liberals Are 'The Most Racist People'

51 posts in this topic

Yep, sex and violence sells tons. I wish they would stop all the ####### and just entertain. And you're right, we've lost our MLK and Malcolm X's, we've got Al and Jesse. And what's bad is sometimes they do jump in and get dirty when racism shows it's ugly head, but personal issues bog them down.

late 80s and nineties is when the genre hit its peak, imo. i remember when "the choice is yours" was my favorite song. i was probably thirteen or fourteen years old :)

as far as leaders go, i was thinking more along the lines of chuck d, krs one, there were even some west coast rappers that had influence with gang peacekeeping. that is what the culture needs, a resurgence of values instead of hyping money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1364933432' post='6113460]

Dr. Ben Carson, a black Johns Hopkins University neurosurgeon and conservative favorite after challenging President Barack Obama at the National Prayer Breakfast, said Monday on "The Mark Levin Show" that white liberals are "racist."

"And you're attacked in many respects because of your race. You're not supposed to think like this, and supposed to talk like this. A lot of white liberals just don't like it, do they?" said Levin, host of the syndicated radio show.

"Well, they're the most racist people there are. You know, they put you in a little category, a little box -- you have to think this way. How could you dare come off the plantation?" responded Carson.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/02/ben-carson_n_2999140.html

Of course. The worst form of racism is "low expectations"

How many times have we heard white liberals tell us "Blacks CAN'T be expected to________________ (fill in the blank), they need help" and the excuses range from cultural differences to leftover slavery issues yada yada yada.

All it amounts to is "I don't want them in MY neighborhood, lets make a place for them"

It doesn't take much before a liberal racist tips his hand. The very idea of creating a dependency on government is segregationist at least. Though admittedly, they do not care if the dependents are white, black or brown, if they are not in the proper class they need to be segregated and "helped"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

late 80s and nineties is when the genre hit its peak, imo. i remember when "the choice is yours" was my favorite song. i was probably thirteen or fourteen years old :)

as far as leaders go, i was thinking more along the lines of chuck d, krs one, there were even some west coast rappers that had influence with gang peacekeeping. that is what the culture needs, a resurgence of values instead of hyping money.

Wow, you're younger than you sound:) I was out of high school and going into the military when that song came out. I have their first album on my Note 2.

Chuck D is still vocal, but not in the lime light, he just spoke recently on drugs and guns within our community: http://patdollard.com/2013/02/rapper-chuck-d-on-cnn-since-reagan-and-bush-theres-been-nothing-but-guns-and-drugs-in-the-black-community/

KRS-one, I haven't really heard anything from him lately. By all means necessary was his best in my opinion:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/By_All_Means_Necessary

I think Ice Cube, Snoop, and a few from WSC were trying to mitigate the violence at one point, but it's hard to promote peace when all you rap about is the exact opposite. They started fighting with Common because of his song I used to love her: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Used_To_Love_Her

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You keep talking about liberals, but what's the right choice to make? Stay on the left where you have to deal with government dependency, or go to the right and be told, you can work hard and achieve your goals, don't mind us not hiring you and calling you things I can't say here?

Good question. I'm glad to see you saying they are both bad choices.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

is there a proper choice? i'm so liberal i make myself sick, but i have to stick by my personal ideals. i don't, however, subscribe to the line of thinking that gary outlined above, nor do i believe a straight and constant injection of welfare is the answer to anything - ever.

It's not hard to see, I just find it amusing that the folks on here talking about liberals and how they are racist and keeping us down are the same folks that wouldn't want us in their camp as well. I personally vote and go with whoever is going to benefit me and my family. If it's hard work and sacrifice, but I get a fair shake, I'm all on it. But you can't reach folks if you already come in the door and talk down to them.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

It's not hard to see, I just find it amusing that the folks on here talking about liberals and how they are racist and keeping us down are the same folks that wouldn't want us in their camp as well. I personally vote and go with whoever is going to benefit me and my family. If it's hard work and sacrifice, but I get a fair shake, I'm all on it. But you can't reach folks if you already come in the door and talk down to them.

Yes, but I wonder if someone saying "We want you to productive members of society" is talking down to them? Is saying "here's more free stuff" not talking down to them?

Yes, but I wonder if someone saying "We want you to productive members of society" is talking down to them? Is saying "here's more free stuff" not talking down to them?

I wish it were that simple. The problem is that's not the message they promote when they talk to us: http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/23/opinion/martin-gop-black-voters.

From the article: The mental block that keeps the GOP from engaging black folks and others could have something to do with its perception of the issues we care about.

For instance, a prominent black Republican in Illinois told me about a presentation a few years ago with party elders about how they could attract black voters. When it was all done, this Republican said, the first comment from the floor was, "We are not going to support welfare."

The group of black Republicans was puzzled: "We didn't even bring up welfare. What are you talking about?"

The GOP apparently has the idea that minorities don't care about education, taxes, entrepreneurship, homeownership, and a litany of other issues.

When you come into a room and this is what you start off with, people stop listening to you.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I wish it were that simple. The problem is that's not the message they promote when they talk to us: http://www.cnn.com/2...p-black-voters.

From the article: The mental block that keeps the GOP from engaging black folks and others could have something to do with its perception of the issues we care about.

For instance, a prominent black Republican in Illinois told me about a presentation a few years ago with party elders about how they could attract black voters. When it was all done, this Republican said, the first comment from the floor was, "We are not going to support welfare."

The group of black Republicans was puzzled: "We didn't even bring up welfare. What are you talking about?"

The GOP apparently has the idea that minorities don't care about education, taxes, entrepreneurship, homeownership, and a litany of other issues.

When you come into a room and this is what you start off with, people stop listening to you.

Agreed that's the wrong way to go about it. Still I wonder how successful they would be by saying to the poor "Look, we will never be about rewarding people for doing nothing. However, we'll meet you half way." Have some kind of strings attached to getting benefits, and I don't mean shoveling horse $hit or picking fruit on the weekends. Some kind of strings that benefits both sides. Something Peace Corps like. I'd love to see Gary get off his a$$ and do something for the money he gets. I heard something about a Job Corps awhile back. Not sure who came up with that, but that sounds good on the surface.

Agreed that's the wrong way to go about it. Still I wonder how successful they would be by saying to the poor "Look, we will never be about rewarding people for doing nothing. However, we'll meet you half way." Have some kind of strings attached to getting benefits, and I don't mean shoveling horse $hit or picking fruit on the weekends. Some kind of strings that benefits both sides. Something Peace Corps like. I'd love to see Gary get off his a$$ and do something for the money he gets. I heard something about a Job Corps awhile back. Not sure who came up with that, but that sounds good on the surface.

True, we have Job Corps here, but it fell to the wayside years ago. Here is what most folks don't understand. You, Patriot and a select few conservatives have some good points, as well as some liberal thinking folks. But here is what most of the close minded folks don't get. Do you really think the few of us on VJ are the only ones who figured this all out? The way the governemnt handles it's programs has to come from the top, and those folks aren't stupid. It's on purpose they do it this way. Because if they changed the program, and minorities became productive in our socitey, they would move out of the slums and into the burbs. And no matter what you may think, there are quite a few folks, IRL and on this forum, that don't want that at all.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

And no matter what you may think, there are quite a few folks, IRL and on this forum, that don't want that at all.

"The close relationship between politics and economics is neither neutral nor coincidental. Large governments evolve through history in order to protect large accumulations of property and wealth." -michael parenti

Timeline

Because if they changed the program, and minorities became productive in our socitey, they would move out of the slums and into the burbs. And no matter what you may think, there are quite a few folks, IRL and on this forum, that don't want that at all.

I think that people that think that way are probably a pretty small minority. At least the white folk I know. And trust me, I know the secret white guy handshake, so I'd know if that wasn't the case.

Not to keep beating the Detroit drum, but I remember in the 70s as the neighborhood became "more diverse," white people fled in droves, and the property values went way down. Look at the end result.

Oddly, here in the DFW area, I don't think people have that mindset. I haven't seen anywhere near the racism that I used to see in Detroit here in Dallas.

Edited by Karee

I think that people that think that way are probably a pretty small minority. At least the white folk I know. And trust me, I know the secret white guy handshake, so I'd know if that wasn't the case.

Not to keep beating the Detroit drum, but I remember in the 70s as the neighborhood became "more diverse," white people fled in droves, and the property values went way down. Look at the end result.

Oddly, here in the DFW area, I don't think people have that mindset. I haven't seen anywhere near the racism that I used to see in Detroit here in Dallas.

You will always have good hearted people in all parts of the US and world. The problem is what about those in charge. If they wanted a change, they could implement it. If they said, let's revamp the program so we can build more productive members of society, how much pushback would it receive? You might be right it's a small contigient, but if it's the 1%, it's the richest, most powerful folks out there.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg