^_^

White Liberals Are 'The Most Racist People'

51 posts in this topic

it's sad how often people confuse today's hiphop culture with black culture. they are not synonymous.

No but the problem is most folks can't tell the difference. Even some black people try to live that lifestyle thinking it's real. They don't know any better and since that's all they know, it continues the cycle of ignorance and violence. I stopped listening to hip hop and rap a long time ago, too much cussing and deragatory lanaguage towards women in my opinion. I know it's just music but can I get one sentence without the vulgarity?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

No but the problem is most folks can't tell the difference. Even some black people try to live that lifestyle thinking it's real. They don't know any better and since that's all they know, it continues the cycle of ignorance and violence. I stopped listening to hip hop and rap a long time ago, too much cussing and deragatory lanaguage towards women in my opinion. I know it's just music but can I get one sentence without the vulgarity?

not to sound like an old fart but i remember when rap stood for something. cursing doesn't offend me, the negative portrayal of women does, but that sort of portrayal is not limited to rap music. it's more offensive in rap music because of its presentation. very brash and unapologetic. back in my day, rap had a message, despite the language. it wasn't yet corporatized.

every teenager and young adult i know, white or black or hispanic, listens to hip hop in some form or another. hiphop is essentially pop music. what sickens me about hiphop is the materialism. it's disgusting.

Edited by val erie

not to sound like an old fart but i remember when rap stood for something. cursing doesn't offend me, the negative portrayal of women does, but that sort of portrayal is not limited to rap music. it's more offensive in rap music because of its presentation. very brash and unapologetic. back in my day, rap had a message, despite the language. it wasn't yet corporatized.

every teenager and young adult i know, white or black or hispanic, listens to hip hop in some form or another. hiphop is essentially pop music. what sickens me about hiphop is the materialism. it's disgusting.

Now you talking my language, you're talking about Public Enemy No 1, KRS-One and BDP, (My philosophy is still one of my favorite songs), Common, A Tribe Called Quest, and so many others. Self Destuction is also one of the most profound rap songs of all time, it was an answer to We are the World. Back then it was about getting back to the African roots and trying to get rid of the negative image and self desturctive attitude we as a people had come to love. Give me parents don' t understand over I ain't got no worries any day.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Back then it was about getting back to the African roots and trying to get rid of the negative image and self destructive attitude we as a people had come to love.

exactly.

i showed my nephew the public enemy video for "by the time i get to arizona" the other day, actually. i wanted to show him how much things have changed, not only in rap music, but in censorship as well. there's no way a rap artist today could get major airtime with a song and message like that without being called a terrorist. and that's sad, imo.

Nope, being black means you are going to smoke crack, listen to rap music, and be a criminal all before you've had your morning coffee. According to some folks on here.

Good thing I'm not black, I like my beer and country music before my morning coffee.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

exactly.

i showed my nephew the public enemy video for "by the time i get to arizona" the other day, actually. i wanted to show him how much things have changed, not only in rap music, but in censorship as well. there's no way a rap artist today could get major airtime with a song and message like that without being called a terrorist. and that's sad, imo.

Well, back then we were fighting a different battle. If vulgarity and profanity didn't sell so well, I'll bet you'd have less of it in the media. Look at Jackass and Beavis and Butthead, remember south park? Rap isn't the only ones who cashed in on profanity and obscene images. Remember back in the day, when you had to sing, dance, write your own songs, and play an instrument just to get in the door. Look at Stevie Nicks, Joan Jett, and other female performers. They didn't dress sexy or wore meat dresses, they just sang. When you're good, you don't need all that #######.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Well, back then we were fighting a different battle. If vulgarity and profanity didn't sell so well, I'll bet you'd have less of it in the media. Look at Jackass and Beavis and Butthead, remember south park? Rap isn't the only ones who cashed in on profanity and obscene images. Remember back in the day, when you had to sing, dance, write your own songs, and play an instrument just to get in the door. Look at Stevie Nicks, Joan Jett, and other female performers. They didn't dress sexy or wore meat dresses, they just sang. When you're good, you don't need all that #######.

i don't think that battle has changed. i think that all the leaders in that fight are gone or no longer relevant. there are plenty of rap artists that exist today who have major talent and do not subscribe to the current culture: dead prez, cannibal ox, immortal technique for example. . they just aren't as popular. there are plenty of people making all sorts of genres of music that fly under the mainstream radar. what sells today is sex and violence. and that goes for all sorts of mediums..

i don't think that battle has changed. i think that all the leaders in that fight are gone or no longer relevant. there are plenty of rap artists that exist today who have major talent and do not subscribe to the current culture: dead prez, cannibal ox, immortal technique for example. . they just aren't as popular. there are plenty of people making all sorts of genres of music that fly under the mainstream radar. what sells today is sex and violence. and that goes for all sorts of mediums..

I know of Immortal Technique, the others I will have to look up. It's a shame that trying to be postive means you sell less because you aren't promoting what's hot in the street right now. I used to be a huge Jay Z fan but as he got more popular his lyrical style changed. I never get tired of hearing old rap and hip hop though, Kool Moe Dee, LL, Special Ed, and my favorite group back then was Blacksheep.

Yep, sex and violence sells tons. I wish they would stop all the ####### and just entertain. And you're right, we've lost our MLK and Malcolm X's, we've got Al and Jesse. And what's bad is sometimes they do jump in and get dirty when racism shows it's ugly head, but personal issues bog them down.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg