J@L

Does my fiance need to revisit ?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have my MNL case number already.My petition papers for K1 visa has already been sent to the US embassy too.

I am so worried about on thing.We have an immigration lawyer, and she told us that my fiance needs to revisit me

and be with me at my interview to get a better chance of being approved.me and my fiance have talked about this already

and we both agreed that he don't revisit anymore since we're saving money for our new house.Our lawyer told us that

we won't be getting a refund just in case I get disapproved as my fiance told her at the start that he had plans of coming back.

Is she right about it?By the way, my fiance arrived August 3,2011 and left May 3, 2012 (he stayed here for 9 months)

I would appreciate it very much your thought on this.You all have a nice day.Thanks so much.

mij and alu

Some countries it is manditory for the petitioner to be at the interview. For the Philippines the petitioner does not have to be there.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

Some countries it is manditory for the petitioner to be at the interview. For the Philippines the petitioner does not have to be there.

Thank you so much Andy and Pui.I'm spending so many sleepless nights because of this.I love you both.God bless you.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have my MNL case number already.My petition papers for K1 visa has already been sent to the US embassy too.

I am so worried about on thing.We have an immigration lawyer, and she told us that my fiance needs to revisit me

and be with me at my interview to get a better chance of being approved.me and my fiance have talked about this already

and we both agreed that he don't revisit anymore since we're saving money for our new house.Our lawyer told us that

we won't be getting a refund just in case I get disapproved as my fiance told her at the start that he had plans of coming back.

Is she right about it?By the way, my fiance arrived August 3,2011 and left May 3, 2012 (he stayed here for 9 months)

I would appreciate it very much your thought on this.You all have a nice day.Thanks so much.

mij and alu

No need to revisit if you don't want to. You can just pass other proofs of ongoing relationship like photos and skype or YM logs from the time that you sent the I-129F. Everyone has an equal chance of being approved with or without the USC UNLESS you have red flags like large age gaps or having a relative introduce the two of you. If the relationship is genuine just prove that to the CO by showing pictures and continued communication and love for each other. Don't worry too much. ^_^ Just be true. You are almost there. :)

Good luck!

Your lawyer wouldn't give you a refund for any reason anyways. They are just covering their backsides. Read the different accounts on here. I have read many who have done the interview alone. The key seems to be is to be prepared with all the required documents and pictures and to be honest in your replies. Don't pay any attention to what the lawyer says, just mention that to one of the interviewers if you think it is important. Read, Read, Read. !!!!!!

Good luck.

Timeline

No need to revisit if you don't want to. You can just pass other proofs of ongoing relationship like photos and skype or YM logs from the time that you sent the I-129F. Everyone has an equal chance of being approved with or without the USC UNLESS you have red flags like large age gaps or having a relative introduce the two of you. If the relationship is genuine just prove that to the CO by showing pictures and continued communication and love for each other. Don't worry too much. ^_^ Just be true. You are almost there. :)

Good luck!

Thank you emmandenn for your reply. I love you both too.God bless you.

mij and alu

Your lawyer wouldn't give you a refund for any reason anyways. They are just covering their backsides. Read the different accounts on here. I have read many who have done the interview alone. The key seems to be is to be prepared with all the required documents and pictures and to be honest in your replies. Don't pay any attention to what the lawyer says, just mention that to one of the interviewers if you think it is important. Read, Read, Read. !!!!!!

Good luck.

Thanks so much mojoe1.I love you both as well.You made my day.Now I can stop worrying.God bless you both.

mij and alu

Edited by J@L

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Timeline

Hello everyone,

mij and alu

Hi, I would like to share our experience. My fiance had her interview on March 25, 2013 and she was approved. I ONLY was able to visit her 1 time and it was just for 1 week. There have been many couples who were only able to meet their fiance one time and not nearly as long as your fiance was with you. You guys are the exception, that someone can stay for 9 months. At my fiance's interview (which I was not able to attend), everything went well. My fiance told me that they just asked for our I-134 and Tax Return and only talked to my fiance about her working abroad. It was very informal and no questions were asked about me. She told me that they said they could tell how much she loved me.

What I'm trying to say is that it is not necessary for your fiance to visit you again. Good luck and please keep us posted. :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

It's true that it can be beneficial to have the USC present at the interview. What is better evidence? With that said, it isn't mandatory for Manila anyway. Your fiance spent a long time with you and returned to the US less than a year ago. The requirement to file a petition and be approved for a visa is to have met at least once WITHIN the last two years so I don't know what your lawyer is talking about there. In our case, my last visit was almost exactly a year before the interview. It's no matter. I did attend my fiancee's interview, and I believe that made things smoother as we weren't asked for any evidence. However, we came prepared with everything we could think of to prove our love is real so I seriously doubt my fiancee would have had any trouble without me there. There isn't going to be any problems as long as the relationship is real, you have the evidence to show for it, and the last face to face meeting was within the last two years.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

I didn't see Mike for 13 mons but we got great evidence to prove bonifide relationship. If you think you have a weak one and if he could afford to take another trip and be with you at the time of the interview, by all means.

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

It's true that it can be beneficial to have the USC present at the interview. What is better evidence?

^^^ Precisely! :thumbs:

I can't remember any K-1'ers who were turned away at the U.S. Embassy Manila when their fiancé(e) attended the interview. On the other hand, I remember plenty of solo K-1'ers who were denied or who received a 221g (including Chinook).

How strong is your evidence of a bona fide relationship? How strong is the petitioner's affidavit of support? Is your paperwork in order? Were you introduced by someone in the two families? Does your case have any red flags?

Is avoiding the hit to your house fund more important than risking your loved one's visa? Are you feeling lucky?

I can't remember any K-1'ers who were turned away at the U.S. Embassy Manila when their fiancé(e) attended the interview. On the other hand, I remember plenty of solo K-1'ers who were denied or who received a 221g (including Chinook).

How strong is your evidence of a bona fide relationship? How strong is the petitioner's affidavit of support? Is your paperwork in order? Were you introduced by someone in the two families? Does your case have any red flags?

Is avoiding the hit to your house fund more important than risking your loved one's visa? Are you feeling lucky?

I couldn't agree more, the best way of showing a bonafide relationship is for the petitioner to be there. The day of our interview we saw 1 denial and another that got a request for more information. The couples that were there were asked very little before being approved.

Timeline

Hi, I would like to share our experience. My fiance had her interview on March 25, 2013 and she was approved. I ONLY was able to visit her 1 time and it was just for 1 week. There have been many couples who were only able to meet their fiance one time and not nearly as long as your fiance was with you. You guys are the exception, that someone can stay for 9 months. At my fiance's interview (which I was not able to attend), everything went well. My fiance told me that they just asked for our I-134 and Tax Return and only talked to my fiance about her working abroad. It was very informal and no questions were asked about me. She told me that they said they could tell how much she loved me.

What I'm trying to say is that it is not necessary for your fiance to visit you again. Good luck and please keep us posted. :thumbs:

Thanks Wilfon.That was very motivating.I love you guys.May the good Lord continue to shower you with blessings.

Timeline

I couldn't agree more, the best way of showing a bonafide relationship is for the petitioner to be there. The day of our interview we saw 1 denial and another that got a request for more information. The couples that were there were asked very little before being approved.

Thanks Dave.I appreciate your opinion on this.Love you both.God bless you.

Thanks so much Tahoma and Chinook.God bless you.Love you both.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have never heard of any country where it is mandatory for the petitioner to be at the interview, can you name at least one? I know of a few countries where the petitioner isn't allowed in at all, Egypt and Morocco being 2 of them.The interview is for the beneficiary, not the petitioner. Many petitioners go to the interview, many do not.

To the OP, if you have sufficient evidence of an ongoing, bona fide relationship, I wouldn't worry if he can't be there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.