FherJess

Anyone ever get RFE for wrong size passport pics?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had the same problem when my fiancee sent her passport photo to me. I asked her to go back to the place where she got the photo taken and see if they would give her the digital copy on a thumb drive. They did, cost a few pesos, and after she uploaded it to our shared dropbox I was able to print it out in the correct size with a cheap photo printer I have.

Since this is all new to me I have no idea if your situation will result in an RFE but it wouldn't hurt to have a replacement just in case it does.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Might be possible, depending on the photos, and what I did at one point.

Scan the photos, then go here: http://www.epassportphoto.com/ and upload them to change them to US passport size (if you can). Pay attention to the prompts and skip anything for payment, and save the pics as digital pics.

I'm going go try this ^^^ thanks!!

I sent my wife the specifications the US required for her passport size photos, she printed and took the specifications with her when she had her photos made and they made them to the U.S. specifications for her...

-2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm) color photo.

-Frame subject with full face, front view, eyes open.

-Make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1 3/8 inch (25 mm to 35 mm).

-Center head within frame.

-Make sure eye level is between 1 1/8 inch and 1 3/8 inch (28 mm and 35 mm) from bottom of photo.

-Photograph subject against a plain white or off-white background.

I have attached the US Passport Size Photo specifications PDF here in case someone needs to print it and take with them when they have their photos made.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Aw man this stinks because I just recieved the pics my fiancé in Mexico sent me and this is our situation with the pic's size.

I was already planning on sending the I-129F in this week.

The size pics they gave him was after he told them he needed "passport pics".

:(

I had the same situation!! When we went to get his passport pictures in Mexico the girl there asked us what size we wanted them, passport or "infantil" size( i dont know what that is used for) and I told her passport size, and she told me they don't do those there -_- so his pictures were tiny!!! But the place I went to get help filing my paperwork were able to scan and print them to the correct size! Im sure you can resize them somewhere :))

Timeline

I had the same situation!! When we went to get his passport pictures in Mexico the girl there asked us what size we wanted them, passport or "infantil" size( i dont know what that is used for) and I told her passport size, and she told me they don't do those there -_- so his pictures were tiny!!! But the place I went to get help filing my paperwork were able to scan and print them to the correct size! Im sure you can resize them somewhere :))

Yeah, I'm hopeful that scanning & resizing will do the trick :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

My husband had sent his passport photos and they were the right height, but too skinny. I had him email the digital copy and I took it to Walgreens. They printed them up the correct size in no time flat.

It was all done same day, no delays.

Better to be safe and do them right then sorry and get delayed by an RFE! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

We made our passport pics ourselves online....And got no RFE. You can do it through Walmart.com and print and pick up, you just have to make sure the digital pic your fiancé sends you fits In the head box and is taken on a white background. follow EACH instruction on the site. Saves time and shipping and you can tell immediately if its the right size.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If the foreign fiancé's passport pics are a tad bit smaller than the 2" x 2" USA norm, would that generate an RFE?

Has anyone ever sent in smaller than 2"x2" (by very little) pics and APPROVED?

My fiance sent me her passport pictures but the Chinese standard for passport photos is a different size and dimensions and I could not manipulate it to fit the US requirements (basically, a square) so she had to go to a photography studio with the requirements printed out to get them taken again. You can get the photos electronically and print them at any place that does passport photos, that is what we did. Good luck, sounds like you are almost done!

ucxi92z6o.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Aw man this stinks because I just recieved the pics my fiancé in Mexico sent me and this is our situation with the pic's size.

I was already planning on sending the I-129F in this week.

The size pics they gave him was after he told them he needed "passport pics".

:(

Do you have a digital frontal pic of him that satisfies the requirements (apart from size)? Use this tool to crop it to the right size and then print it on glossy photo paper: http://travel.state.gov/_res/flash/cropper/FIG_cropper.html#

It worked perfect for us.

Edited by a+j

- I am the beneficiary -

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If the photo is wrong go to Walgreen's or CVS scan it in and reprint as passport photo. Did this for wife's son and wife who needed another photo or so.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If the foreign fiancé's passport pics are a tad bit smaller than the 2" x 2" USA norm, would that generate an RFE?

Has anyone ever sent in smaller than 2"x2" (by very little) pics and APPROVED?

Yes you will get an RFE if you sent in a different size because it is clearly stated on USCIS website that not following the picture requirement can cause your application to be rejected. I also suggest that you don't scan the picture in order to enlarge it because this can give it poor Brightness,Contrast & Color. What you can do is to tell your foreign fiancé to have someone snap him again with a digital camera on a white background adjusting the size to 2in by 2in or 50.8mm by 50.8mm for European standard. Then tell him to email you the picture so you can have it print out at walgreens or he can also print it out himself and mail the picture through DHL. GOODLUCK!!!

Timeline

If the photo is wrong go to Walgreen's or CVS scan it in and reprint as passport photo. Did this for wife's son and wife who needed another photo or so.

Did scanning & resizing cause the pics to look really different: contrast, clarity etc?

Easy answer....Get a digital PIX with white background and go to walmart.com they have a sizing tool online, hit print and pick them up in an hour.

Finished!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.