JD & Coconut

I just wrote a letter to the LA TImes

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe your wait is because of problems with your file. It is confusing that you use CSC, live in Ohio and field office is New York. You could have probably sent it to Vermont instead would have been a bit sooner maybe. It is normal for offices to have different times, when I filed in August the VSC was much longer wait than CSC. There is an article everyday how poorly the new health system is going,like daca it was not well thought out, this was caused mainly by the president so we just have to live with it for 3.5 years. It sucks waiting but I think unless you get a politician to do something you just have to wait. I hope you all get approved soon!

Petitions are sent to the USCIS Service Center that is responsible for the state the petition originated in. In Ohio's case, it's the CSC. Nothing any of us can do about that. Luck of the draw.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, maybe an article in a major newspaper is indeed going to make a difference. In any case, if anybody cares to organize a coordinated event to put pressure on CSC to get their act together, am I sure there is enough discontent on this board to make this event significant.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Maybe your wait is because of problems with your file. It is confusing that you use CSC, live in Ohio and field office is New York. You could have probably sent it to Vermont instead would have been a bit sooner maybe. It is normal for offices to have different times, when I filed in August the VSC was much longer wait than CSC. There is an article everyday how poorly the new health system is going,like daca it was not well thought out, this was caused mainly by the president so we just have to live with it for 3.5 years. It sucks waiting but I think unless you get a politician to do something you just have to wait. I hope you all get approved soon!

Live in Ohio, lawyer in New York, lawyer submitted documentation to NVC. I thought that the way it worked was documentation was sent to the NVC and they decided which service center you go to, perhaps I'm wrong? At the time they submitted my documentation, perhaps they thought CSC was faster?

ucxi92z6o.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Sorry to read about all these delays :(

We applied about the same time but got everything really fast. Can't you contact the consulate in the country of the fiance to see if they already got the documents or know why it takes so long?

I wish for all of you that you will hear something soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Live in Ohio, lawyer in New York, lawyer submitted documentation to NVC. I thought that the way it worked was documentation was sent to the NVC and they decided which service center you go to, perhaps I'm wrong? At the time they submitted my documentation, perhaps they thought CSC was faster?

I thought Ohio is Vermont, I guess maybe it is California. The lawyer could also be slowing the case down. It will always be faster to eliminate the middle man. This site is more than enough information to do a visa yourself. If you have criminal background or other odd problems that is when a lawyer might help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

you can't choose the service center you go to headbonk.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I have heard of lawyers slowing the process when they got all their money upfront, busy working to get new clients, and of

others who are being paid mthly slowing things down when a mth or 2 passes and no payments go in, also some have paralegals

doing a lot who is over-worked and don't care

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wrote to Obama when I was about two months in, haha. No replies yet!

My wait had just begun back then but my letter was moreso about the whole process for everyone, not just me. I had no idea how difficult it would be when we decided that we wanted to be together, and most people don't. I talk to family about it and they are astounded at all the red tape and the wait. It's so funny how people think you just go get married and that's it, lol. @_@

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good luck! I hope that your actions result in a positive outcome. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.