Bayareaguy

CSC is making people upset

64 posts in this topic

From USCIS site:

USCIS National Goal = 5.5 months

USCIS National Average = 10.2 months

California Service Center = 6.6 months

***Effective as of January 31, 2013

In our case, it will be 3-4 months from now (we filed early September last year) if we based it in National Average (10.2 months)...just a conservative forecast tho.

Keep yourself busy and time will fly by in a drift (hopefully!).

Sad thing is you could have replaced CSC with VSC just 7 months ago. I prayed for mine to go to CSC and now this happens. I just don't understand.

Any time frame on CSC yet? I filed mine at end of September.

Edited by monalisapod

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had to show this to my hubby! It's hilarious! rofl.gif

Our Naturalization Journey (Detailed timeline in About Me section)

01/14/2013 Mailed N-400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox
01/18/2013 N-400 fees check cashed
01/18/2013 NOA Received (Biometrics appointment)
02/04/2013 Early Biometrics (Original date 02/14/2013)
02/07/2013 Status changed to in line for interview
02/13/2013 Received 2nd NOA (Interview scheduled)
02/15/2013 Received yellow letter from USCIS to bring DL
03/18/2013 N-400 Interview

03/20/2013 Status changed to in que for Oath ceremony
03/29/2013 Status changed to Oath ceremony scheduled and letter sent

04/01/2013 Received Oath Letter
04/09/2013 Oath Ceremony (N-400 completed in 2 months 3 weeks and 5 days)

event.png

That national average is junk.

They took the 4 processing times from the 4 Processing centers (even though only California and Vermont are the only ones processing 129Fs anymore) and then divided by 4 to get the 10 month average. No extra thought went into that such as the amount of people going to each service center etc. It's ridiculous.

From USCIS site:

In our case, it will be 3-4 months from now (we filed early September last year) if we based it in National Average (10.2 months)...just a conservative forecast tho.

01/15/12 - Sent Aya a message on a dating site
03/10/12 - We became "exclusive"
03/15/12 - We told each other "I love you"
08/17/12 - 2 week trip to the Philippines to be with her
08/27/12 - I asked her to marry me (in Cebuano), she cried and said yes
09/02/12 - I came back to the USA

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/12 - Saw on USPS that the package was delivered in Texas
09/28/12 - NOA1
10/08/12 - Received hard copy NOA1
12/19/12 - CFO Counseling Session (to get it out of the way)
04/27/13 - NOA2
05/06/13 - NVC Received and MNL # assigned
05/21/13 - Medical Exam Day
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived
xx/xx/xx - Off to Chicago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

So I did an analysis of all the application data at the CSC and it confirms that I-129F petitioners should be upset. In fact, I-129F petitioners should be very upset because it is worse than we expected. We had a notion that DACA was causing (or at least playing a role in) the delay in I-129F processing of late. Well, we were right; the DACA apps are definitely causing the delay. What we didn't know, however, is that ONLY I-129Fs have been singled out for a delay, while all other petition types (including DACAs) are sailing through without a hitch.

On one hand, it shows that the USCIS is more efficient and flexible than we give them credit for. On the other hand, it shows someone within the USCIS made a conscious choice to screw the I-129F petitioners to benefit the DACA and other applications. If you haven't told your elected representative what you think about that, then now's your chance. Go visit my analysis, arm yourself with the facts, and raise some hell!

Edited by I & B

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

So I did an analysis of all the application data at the CSC and it confirms that I-129F petitioners should be upset. In fact, I-129F petitioners should be very upset because it is worse than we expected. We had a notion that DACA was causing (or at least playing a role in) the delay in I-129F processing of late. Well, we were right; the DACA apps are definitely causing the delay. What we didn't know, however, is that ONLY I-129Fs have been singled out for a delay, while all other petition types (including DACAs) are sailing through without a hitch.

On one hand, it shows that the USCIS is more efficient and flexible than we give them credit for. On the other hand, it shows someone within the USCIS made a conscious choice to screw the I-129F petitioners to benefit the DACA and other applications. If you haven't told your elected representative what you think about that, then now's your chance. Go visit my analysis, arm yourself with the facts, and raise some hell!

Thank you for saying this but how do we raise hell as you tell us to do??? We don't know the procedures...

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thank you for saying this but how do we raise hell as you tell us to do??? We don't know the procedures...

I am going to do a comprehensive post on writing letters to congresspersons and senators later today, I promise. I know it's not something most have to do often.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I am going to do a comprehensive post on writing letters to congresspersons and senators later today, I promise. I know it's not something most have to do often.

Looking forward to see your next thread :thumbs:

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I sent a message on the Congresswoman's page.

Today my man will send her the papers and to the two Senators.

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Brilliant!

AOS Timeline
Filed 15th June, 2012
NOA date 18th June
Bio appt 20th July
Transferred to CSC 21st July, 2012
EAD/AP approved 27th August.
Received Green Card 6th October. No Interview. Amazing!
Thanks for all the help, see you again in June 2014

ROC Timeline

Mailed Package 30th June 2014

I-797 received 5th July, 2014

Biometrics Appointment 07/30/2014.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are the man Bayareaguy!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cant stop laughing! the USCIS peeps should see this clip:)

maybe then it would push their buttons to do their jobs faster :bonk:

the sense of humor and choice of witty words remind me of my fiance :rofl:

damn, now i miss him more:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very clever. Reading the script was as if reading my own life the past 2.5 months (ever since I hit 5 month milestone of waiting). It seems everyone has gone through exactly the same thing as me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That's great made my morning.

From USCIS site:

You can file for citizenship by then.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Too good, I thoroughly had a hearty laugh on this. I think I needed this, after an 8 month wait, tomorrow is my 8th month anniversary to my NOA1 date. Yay for CSC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.