Nate&Elena

California USCIS has Stoped????????????/

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

All i care about is being reunited as a family.. being together every day. I dont care how long the wait is for anything else. I just want to be with my fiancee and bring our baby boy home to his daddy. He is missing out on seeing him grow. I doubt he will get to see him learn to walk. And i doubt our son will remember his daddy by the time we get to be together as a family. My son is a U.S. citizen and i wish i could bring him home to be with his dad. I am trying to stay positive but its tough on the phone to my fiancee who is depressed and missing his son. I have to try and stay positive for them both, and i keep telling him we will be together soon.. just wish it was soon!

I am in the same boat. My little dude (also already got his CRBA and passport) is down in Peru growing up without me. He will be 1 next month and luckily I am able to go down and be with him on his first birthday. I don't know if you have the same luxury... I hope so... if not, I really feel for you loads.

I too hope this is over soon, but I won't stop at just hope... I am going to push as much as I am able to get my family up here with me.

Good luck fellow traveler :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Ummm. Well, I can certainly imagine that I will be interested in different threads after I am done with this stage. So, you will probably hear little from on threads about this particular type of subjects. Look for me on Embassy topics and later I will be found on the AOS forum.

I don't know that I have seen anyone "belittle" your case. They simply have pointed out that you are making statements about how they should feel when they are waiting far longer than you had to. I see them more as pleas for a little empathy and understanding. Being only 120 days in myself, I can only imagine what July, August and September folks are feeling. My heart goes out to them. I have urged many to join me in applying whatever pressure we can to try and fix a broken system. Maybe its Quixotic, but if everyone maintains this type of attitude and pressure instead of displaying utter complacency, maybe things will change.

You talk about not being done with USCIS. Okay, fine. AOS will be a walk in the park. Why? Because I will be with my family. Maybe we will get a little frothy in the mouth if AP and EAD take much longer than is expected, but the AOS is just paperwork. The longer that takes, the more layers of proof of our genuine relationship we'll have. It will cause the gates for the other visa hurdles to stretch out a bit, but okay... we'll be together. We'll be living our lives. Much much different. Again, I think (and forgive me if I am mistaken) this shows a lack of empathy on your part. Of course, as I say it, my own words haunt me... maybe it is lack of empathy on my part... I constantly say everybody's case is different, and I suppose the same could be said for AOS... I admit that I don't personally see it, but I will reflect on this. Sorry if my hypocrisy has offended anyone. I will atone after a period of reflection on this aspect of the process.

Okay, back to USCIS-bashing :)

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am in the same boat. My little dude (also already got his CRBA and passport) is down in Peru growing up without me. He will be 1 next month and luckily I am able to go down and be with him on his first birthday. I don't know if you have the same luxury... I hope so... if not, I really feel for you loads.

I too hope this is over soon, but I won't stop at just hope... I am going to push as much as I am able to get my family up here with me.

Good luck fellow traveler :)

:thumbs: I am the beneficiary. I went over to the U.S for christmas until feb 24. (our sons 1st birthday was 6 feb) so we were able to spend it together as a family. I feel lucky that we were able to do this. It took us a year to save up for the flights! My fiancee had to miss the birth of our now 1 year old. I hope things start to move faster with processing times!

Good luck to you and your family.. you will be together soon. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey guys dont lose hope I guess theyre still working on our case. I see some approvals too

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Timeline

Are you serious !! Do you feel better now, after takeing the time to type such a enlightened statement!!

What is the problwm with you? If you don't like, don't say anything......I liked what someone else said and thumbs up for that.

P.S. your comment wasn't enlightening neither.......just attacking me for no reason.

Edited by Me&myBaby

Timeline

What is the problwm with you? If you don't like, don't say anything......I liked what someone else said and thumbs up for that.

P.S. your comment wasn't enlightening neither.......just attacking me for no reason.

Maybe he meant to bash me and you got caught in the cross-fire...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to USCIS Service Centers forum -- topic involves processing-times. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Maybe he meant to bash me and you got caught in the cross-fire...

Yes, and I still liked whatyou posted, so :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good luck and I am sure you will be together with your family very soon! I am VSC filler and my NOA2 took 7 months, after that time flies, gathering documents, buying gifts, looking for flight tickets, packing.......

Timeline

Yes, and I still liked whatyou posted, so :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good luck and I am sure you will be together with your family very soon! I am VSC filler and my NOA2 took 7 months, after that time flies, gathering documents, buying gifts, looking for flight tickets, packing.......

Congratulations!!! I do so look forward to being at the stage you are at now.

Timeline

Congratulations!!! I do so look forward to being at the stage you are at now.

You will!!! One month more or one month less, but you will. I felt it wasn't never going to be my turn, but here we are :dance:

Good luck and for sure CSC will speed up now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Honestly, with your dates, I'd expect you are not too long of a wait away. Hold on a little longer. With your NOA 1 date, my guess is you should have your NOA2 or RFE before the next USCIS website update (approximately the 15th of each month)

Now, don't etch this in stone or make specific plans or anything, but I think it's fair to believe that you are just a matter of weeks away and now would be a fair time for you to start believing that your time is sooner rather than later.

Best of luck to you

Thank you for you note, I wish to take this positive, we rang USCIS 2 days ago and told us to wait another 60 days! We will hit 9 months by then and who knows we will wait more! this is so sad....:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

yes, CSC is way backed up. when i last talk to someone at the call center i asked and they said they cannot even tell anyone when a petition may get approved. when i checked on the same page as processing, it says this:

http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=2&charttype=1

you will see california has well over 250,000 petitions to get approved.

when we were in review, first they said give them 120 days, when i did a service request they said give the 6 months from the date they received it back from the consulate, after that it took over 8 months to get approved and reaffirmed.

be patient with california, their workload is more than others and they are short handed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.