NikLR

Work out series

17 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the GSP Rushfit? Insanity? P90x? What did you like or dislike about them? How much extra stuff did you have to buy on top of the cost of the videos? Did you complete it? Did it work? Or would you rather spend that money on a gym membership?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I likes the P90X cause it mirrors (mostly) what I did for daily morning PT at a service academy, ages past.

I not try the other ones at all, I am just that happy with P90X.

I bought the tension bands. The video set and the bands travel well (with me) - that was a plus (after the fact) as I live in China 1 month out of three.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I wanted to try rushfit simply because I liked the way the girls looked on the box. They weren't super muscly which is a major turn off for the hubs. And it's only $79 at my work vs $140.

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wantt o try P90X. I have only done Taebo with any real results. The original one that is. I loved it and used it so much that my DVD is now dead.

K1 - Complete
05/01/2011 - Met online
09/15/2011 - Met in person
11/12/2011 - Became engaged
07/09/2012 - Finally got to put His Ring on my finger
02/04/2013 - Mailed off my documents to my fiance
02/13/2013 - Fiance received my documents
03/30/2013 - I-129F sent
04/05/2013 - NOA 1
07/10/2013 - File Transferred to Texas
07/24/2013 - NOA 2
08/23/2013 - USCIS-NVC - Case number received
08/27/2013 - NVC-Consulate
09/03/2013 - Packet 3
09/04/2013 - Packet 4
09/10/2013 - Medical (Passed)
09/12/2013 - Interview (Approved)
09/17/2013 - Visa in hand
11/02/2013 - Border crossing at Sweetgrass completed
11/05/2013 - Arrived in San Antonio
11/16/2013 - Married in San Antonio

Adjustment of Status

04/25/2014 - AOS packaged mailed to Chicago Lock Box.

05/15/2014 - NoA1 received for Aos and EA. AP rejected.

06/16/2014 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/2014 - EA card now in production.

07/10/2014 - EA Card received. YAY JOB HUNTING

08/13/2014 - Letter received staging possible interview waiver and no action for antoher 6 months

03/03/2015 - Apparently we are still within normal processing times and need to wait 87 days

04/27/2015 - RFE - Renew medical, Send some other documents

05/04/2015 - Medical redone

05/07/2015 - RFE request sent back to USCIS

05/08/2015 - RFE request received at USCIS

05/11/2015 - Green card IN PRODUCTION!!!!

05/11/2015 - Welcome letter Mailed!

05/14/2015 - Welcome Letter Received

05/18/2015 - Green Card Received!! FINALLY!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

NikiR have you checked out Tone It Up! yet?

They have most of their workouts on YouTube and I find them challenging.

Here’s their website: http://toneitup.com/index.php

For their videos you generally will only need a couple of dumbbells (I have 5lb and 8lb) and a yoga mat.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If I'm healthy enough to exercise, I'm healthy enough NOT to, see man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Haha I'm not healthy enough to wear a bikini, imo. So work out it is. Buying the set and some weights on Thursday (pay day.)

I bought P90X before and it ended up being a waste of my money. The workouts were too hard and I had to have bands, a chin-up bar, weights and of course the videos.

Check this workout out, you could use a couple of small water bottles (full of course) as hand weights for now.

If it’s challenging enough for you it might save you some money on buying Rushfit. They have lots of different workouts on their website and youtube.

The majority the workouts are available from them for free, they do sell a disk set, diet plan and some other stuff to make their money.

Here are some transformations to give you an idea of what real people have done with them: http://pinterest.com/toneitup/tone-it-up-transformations/

Anyways, good luck in whatever you decide to do for your programme!

Or would you rather spend that money on a gym membership?

I think a good gym with good group fitness classes (like Les Mills) are worth their weight in gold.

I've tried to do both the insanity and P90X. I can never seem to do them with the same level of intensity and dedication as I do when I have a gym class with a real live instructor and real live participants. The energy and motivation is infectious, and I find a smaller gym, in which you get to know people by name, can form a great community and adds to the accountability. If I can't get in to the gym for a few days, I start to feel guilty!

I get WAAAY better results when I have found a gym I love. And I stick to Les Mills classes only. The class like Body Attack and Body Pump are far more intense, IMO, than P90X or insanity.

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

I think a good gym with good group fitness classes (like Les Mills) are worth their weight in gold.

I've tried to do both the insanity and P90X. I can never seem to do them with the same level of intensity and dedication as I do when I have a gym class with a real live instructor and real live participants. The energy and motivation is infectious, and I find a smaller gym, in which you get to know people by name, can form a great community and adds to the accountability. If I can't get in to the gym for a few days, I start to feel guilty!

I get WAAAY better results when I have found a gym I love. And I stick to Les Mills classes only. The class like Body Attack and Body Pump are far more intense, IMO, than P90X or insanity.

I have had fantastic results going to a gym, but I don't have the time or the money to do so right now. sad.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

This is my second time doing P90X and this time with my husband. I don't find it too intense and it might even be less intense than some of the dry land training I used to do for ski season. First time I bulked out, this time I haven't. We are going into week 3 and my husband has lost 5 pounds and gotten definition in his back and arms (he uses heavy weights). I've lost 2 pounds and am also toning. I use no weight or very very low weights (less than 2 pounds even though I could easily do more than 10 for them). I would suggest you also do light lifting for P90X unless you want very defined muscles.

I have heard that Insanity delivers results, but at the cost of your knees. My mother said a lot of her students in their 20s do it and now they have knee injuries. I modify P90X to be less knee intensive at times because I have an issue with some ligaments and a plate.

I have gotten good results in the past using myfitnesspal, which is free, and just doing an hour a day of any exercise including walking and counting calories.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Man, I feel like a big wuss, in comparison to all of y'all. I had my best results doing Zumba 5 days a week (1 hour per class), an hour of circuit training 3 days a week, and walking every other day. I also liked to swim every so often, just to mix things up a bit. Since moving here, where child care is not available at most gyms, I've only been able to walk sporadically and it's really noticeable, in both my energy levels and my physique. Can't wait to join a gym again and get moving on shifting this baby weight!

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Man, I feel like a big wuss, in comparison to all of y'all. I had my best results doing Zumba 5 days a week (1 hour per class), an hour of circuit training 3 days a week, and walking every other day. I also liked to swim every so often, just to mix things up a bit. Since moving here, where child care is not available at most gyms, I've only been able to walk sporadically and it's really noticeable, in both my energy levels and my physique. Can't wait to join a gym again and get moving on shifting this baby weight!

You're doing a LOT more than I am. My physical activity right now is regulated to what walking and lifting I do at work. This is why I need to do more. When I went to the gym I had a boot camp class I did once a week, a pilates type class once a week and I went every other day to the gym on my own, either on the recline bike or running/walking on the track. I lost 26lbs and went from a size 12 to a 6. I ate healthier too. I eat too much fast food right now. But back then I was working only 4-6 hours, 5 days a week, only at night and had lots of time to go work out.

I am using MyFitnessPal as well to track my eating & exercise.

Slipped up this weekend with both though. :(

Back at it this morning. Cardio & then the Sandcastle Workout.