ladylex

Evidence of Relationship - How many affidavits needed?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi vjers!

Just want to know how many sworn statements from friends and relatives should we submit together with our I-130 Petition as proof or evidence of our relationship?

Thanks for the help guys!

I submitted 1 from my brother and 1 from my mother. I just had them type out statements that they were fully aware of my ongoing relationship and marriage to my wife. They stated that they had spoken to my wife on numerous occasions via Yahoo chat. They stated that the marriage was bona fide and true. I had them each sign their statement in front of a notary, who of course put her legal seal and signature on each on. The USCIS never questioned me about it, nor did they request additional statements.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Click on this link and you will find a template of an affidavit of Bona Fide Marriage.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?276943-Affidavit-For-Bona-Fide-Marriage

Edited by florida4life

Keep it Real

Thank you for the helpful and quick replies!

Follow up question pls? Will it be enough if we just submit affidavits executed by my friends and relatives who have personal knowledge of our relationship? Or do we need to submit affidavits executed by my hubby's friends and/or relatives from the US?

Thanks!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the helpful and quick replies!

Follow up question pls? Will it be enough if we just submit affidavits executed by my friends and relatives who have personal knowledge of our relationship? Or do we need to submit affidavits executed by my hubby's friends and/or relatives from the US?

Thanks!

Enough evidence would be:

- NSO marriage certificate

- wedding pictures

- pictures with family/friends on different occasions

- money remittance slips/receipts

- birth certificates of your child/children

- emails

- letters

- chat/instant messaging/sms printouts

- call logs

- Skype video screenshots/logs

Hi vjers!

Just want to know how many sworn statements from friends and relatives should we submit together with our I-130 Petition as proof or evidence of our relationship?

You can include as many as you want, but in the hierarchy [importance] of "proof of evidence of relationship" these letters or "sworn statements" carry little value to the USCIS. The USCIS is really only concerned with documentation/evidence you provide that is asked and/or required.

Enough evidence would be:

- NSO marriage certificate

- wedding pictures

- pictures with family/friends on different occasions

- money remittance slips/receipts

- birth certificates of your child/children

- emails

- letters

- chat/instant messaging/sms printouts

- call logs

- Skype video screenshots/logs

Thanks for the tip, apple21! :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi vjers!

My recommendation is to submit zero affidavits from anybody. Always read carefully, interpret literally and respond accurately. Anything you read after the words, "In addition to the required" is NOT required. Affidavits would be a last resort and then only helpful if from somebody who is very well acquainted, by personal observation, with the development of the relationship. They are meaningless from somebody who simply attended a ceremony or party.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.