NickUSMC

221 (g) pending further administrative processing

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Okay so we were like 10 people for the interview. Only 2 or 3 got approved. My turn, I walk in front of the window and she made me swear, I did.Asked where I met my wife, I answered. Then suddenly she asks me how I could afford 5 flight back and forth from the US. I told her I worked and saved money and also had a little help from my father. She almost laughed and told me this is funny you're 20 how can you afford all these flights and stay in the US? I told her again the same thing. She then said ok I see you live in the US. I asked her what does she mean by saying that. She smiled and said I will tell you in a minute. She handed me a paper saying 221(g) pending further administrative processing.They had all the papers, affidavit of support, marriage license everything. But gave me this. She didn't even ask for proofs. When I asked her to explain she kept saying good bye. What does that mean?

Edited by NickUSMC

"...Come...follow me."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Big red flag with the age difference between you and your wife--you are 20 and she is 42 according to one of your posts, so they want to investigate further.

Timeline

Yes but the funny thing is that they didnt say anything about that. Just how I could afford this and that. I think they suspected I was working in the US. even though it makes no sense at all.. But what happens now?

"...Come...follow me."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/a_zindex/a_zindex_4353.html

You were put in administrative processing. They are going to review your case more in depth and I guess you'll eventually get your visa unless you lied or hid something in your application.

The CO seemed to think you actually live in the US, have you ever overstayed a visa?

Edited by a+j

- I am the beneficiary -

Timeline

No i never overstayed ! Always stayed there 1 month 1/2 month and leave. Stay in Italy for a while and then go back! I did not lie at all. I told her I always followed the law and regulations. I don't need to lie. So basically it's not "over" yet? Is there still hope for us?

"...Come...follow me."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Then I'm sure you'll be fine. You'll need to wait until admin processing is over though; unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a way of knowing how long it takes.

I found this post that you might be interested in reading http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/353159-administrative-processing/

Edited by a+j

- I am the beneficiary -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Were you born in Italy?

How long in the past year have you spent in America?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I have an upcoming interview (hasn't been scheduled yet) and I'm very worried I will be put in administrative processing due to a previous overstay (which was not entirely my fault) yet they will not see it that way.

I overstayed a few years ago when I was 20 due to being married to a US citizen who kept promising to file my AOS but never did. I had no option but to leave after he told me ICE were looking for me (I'm not sure if this is true or not). After I left the US I was barred for 3 years. If you are an abused spouse of a citizen you are supposed to be exempt from the bar but although he did mistreat me (which I can't prove) he was not physically abusive.

While I was barred (but before I knew I was barred) I applied for a visitors visa which was denied and they told me at the interview I was barred temporarily due to unlawful presence.

Some time after that I annulled the marriage based on his poor moral character and lies/fraud. A couple of years later I met my current husband and he has filed for my CR1 visa but I'm so worried about getting the 221 (g) slip due to the overstay and visa denial. I am going to be honest with them about everything at the interview but I still don't know whats going to happen and I'm extremely worried about not being believed. I know if you've ever had a visa denial they think you are just trying to get an immigrant visa to get to the US and not because you are in love.

Please help!

Timeline

I've spent last year a total of 2 months and half. 2 weeks in August and the rest December/January :-/

Were you born in Italy?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

I forgot to mention that the bar is now over and I was born in the UK.

I only asked him because it seems that Italian filers who were born in MENA countries got AP as well.

I think you'll be just fine though. :thumbs:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Yes i was born in Italy ! Never overstayed. Not a single Criminal record, nothing. Always followed the rules and got married for love.

"...Come...follow me."

this comes to my mind per your post

( She then said ok I see you live in the US. )

( I told her I worked and saved money and also had a little help from my father )

maybe from this she feels you are living and working in america?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That lady sounds like a b*tch

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." Bruce Lee

2006: Met online and started chatting

July 14, 2010: Officially a couple

November 04, 2010: Finally met in Dubai

November 14, 2010: Engaged

November 17, 2010: Left Dubai to go back to the US

January 2, 2011: Moved back to Dubai

January 6, 2011: Officially got engaged by a priest

April 27, 2011: We're having a baby!

July 7, 2011: Moved back to the states

January 15, 2012: Gave birth to our daughter Madelyn

February 13th, 2013: Sent I-129F

February 14th 2013: I-129f received at Lewisville TX Lock Box

February 20th, 2013: USCIS cashed my check

February 20th, 2013: Received email/text of acceptance of NOA1

February 25th, 2013: Received NOA1 Hard Copy

February 25th, 2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

June 21st, 2013: Case was transferred to Texas

July 30th, 2013: NOA2

00-00-2013 Case forwarded to NVC

00-00-2013 Case forwarded by NVC to US Embassy

00-00-2013 Packet sent

00-00-2013 Interview date set

00-00-2013 Medical

00-00-2013 Interview

00-00-2013 Visa Approved

00-00-2013 US Entry

00-00-2013 Wedding

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.