you&meforever

FB messages

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

good day VJers,

im not really sure if this has been asked before but so far, i haven't read any topic about this (sending me a link will be appreciated :D )

anyways, i just want to ask if anybody knows how to properly print an entire (of certain dates) Facebook chat/message conversation thread coz when you go to FB inbox, it seems like all that can be seen are just some part of a conversation up to "Loading earlier messages" and mostly, it won't even show a whole statement specially if you got a long one (statement). i don't think it would be wise to print every single pages of it as a proof during the interview just to at least give the consul an idea of what you and your fiance were talking about. what i would like to do is, be able to print an entire conversation thread on a single paper and not just a single statement per page like what FB inbox can only grab with. i've tried searching for a way thru the internet and they said to request for a download of all the information you shared on FB on the settings which i did and they sent it to me. but when i saw their email, my FB messages looked like they were just copied and pasted on a note sheet without the FB logo or anything that can make them look like they're from FB inbox. what can be seen are the dates, names of the persons chatting and the conversations which i wanted by the way, but i'm worried that the consul won't accept them without any trace of taking them from the FB.

so i wonder if somebody can give me an idea of a better way to do it or do you think what they emailed me will be good enough for the interview without the logo. same way with Oovoo, since those are the two ways on how my fiance and i communicate and save our conversations for reference. any input will be helpful.

thanks in advance :D

I can't help you about how to print out a FB chat session. My wife and I used Yahoo Messenger. We found out that chat logs are basically useless when you get to the interview. When you get to Manila for the interview the CO wants to see financial papers and photos. Good luck on finding out how to print them but I'd just take more pics of you two together and with family members for visual proof that you are a couple. That's just my 2 cents, I hope it helps.

K-1 JOURNEY
3-18-10 Mailed I-129F to CSC
3-22-10 NAO1
5-12-10 NOA2 Sent to NVC
6-11.10 Called USEM and scheduled interview appointment
7-08-09 Physical at St Lukes-Passed
7-29-10 Interview in Manila-RFE
8-16-10 Submitted requested documents
8-20-10 VISA Approved
8-24-10 VISA delivered by Air21
9-24-10 POE Guam
9-27-10 Married

AOS JOURNEY
11-15-10 Mailed AOS application to Chicago LockBox
11-17-10 Received by USCIS
11-23-10 NOA1 issued for AOS,EAD & AP
11-30-10 NOA1 hard copies received
12-18-10 Biometrics Appt. letter received
01-06-11 Biometrics in Denver, CO
01-27-11 EAD and AP approved
01-29-11 Received AP papers
02-03-11 Received EAD card
03-29-11 AOS Approved
04-07-11 Received Green Card

ROC JOURNEY
01-16-13 Mailed I-751 petition to CSC
01-23-13 Package signed for at CSC
01-23-13 NOA1
01-25-13 Check cashed
02-26-13 Biometrics

06-12-13 Approved with no RFE or interview

06-22-13 Received Green Card

Timeline

I can't help you about how to print out a FB chat session. My wife and I used Yahoo Messenger. We found out that chat logs are basically useless when you get to the interview. When you get to Manila for the interview the CO wants to see financial papers and photos. Good luck on finding out how to print them but I'd just take more pics of you two together and with family members for visual proof that you are a couple. That's just my 2 cents, I hope it helps.

so basically, the CO won't really care about the FB chat/messages as long as i got pictures of us together and have the other more important documents like my fiance's financial papers? i guess you are right. i have a lot of pictures of us together since he is able to come every 2nd month and i believe he can provide all the other supporting papers. maybe i was just really getting worried about the other proof i have to provide :bonk:

oh well thank you for your input and i really hope my fiance and i can make it all through this process specially the waiting period where it really sucks :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Go here: https://www.facebook.com/settings and on that window that opens is the option "download a copy of your Facebook data". Click on it and it will download everything, including chats, to a much easier printable form.

Timeline

Go here: https://www.facebook.com/settings and on that window that opens is the option "download a copy of your Facebook data". Click on it and it will download everything, including chats, to a much easier printable form.

i've already done that and they sent the data on my email. the messages/chat conversation thread are there but without the Facebook logo anymore. i mean the messages looked like they were copied and pasted on a note sheet. do you think that will be fine and the consul won't look at them like they were just some computerized conversation?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

i've already done that and they sent the data on my email. the messages/chat conversation thread are there but without the Facebook logo anymore. i mean the messages looked like they were copied and pasted on a note sheet. do you think that will be fine and the consul won't look at them like they were just some computerized conversation?

I don't know, I didn't use FB conversations. I do know someone used them... don't know if it was successful. Surely you have other evidence.

Timeline

I don't know, I didn't use FB conversations. I do know someone used them... don't know if it was successful. Surely you have other evidence.

i do have a lot of pictures together, plane tickets etc.. but with our way of conversation, mostly it's only through FB and Oovoo that's why i will have to print some conversations from them. they said pictures are the best proof i can give though and they said the CO might not even care much on those printed conversations. i just thought there were better ways on how to print since FB has no set-up on that. oh well, i think i'm gonna go with the conversation from the downloaded data they sent me when i requested for it. thank you so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Introducing Our Members to Philippines regional subforum -- topic is embassy-specific regarding number of Facebook printouts necessary or desirable. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Try to click and hold for 2secs PrtSc Sys Req on the upper right side of your computer or laptop

Then open the PAINT application and then point your cursor in your Paint app then click "CTRL V" then save the file and print.

It will just take a lot of efforts but it will worth when your visa comes :)

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

And that is partly why the embassy doesn't look too closely at chat logs whether they be from FB, Skype, Yahoo or whatever.

In your case your fiance has flown to visit you quite often so his ticket stubs and itinerary will work very well for proving an ongoing relationship, along with pictures of course (they do want pictures)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Try to click and hold for 2secs PrtSc Sys Req on the upper right side of your computer or laptop

Then open the PAINT application and then point your cursor in your Paint app then click "CTRL V" then save the file and print.

It will just take a lot of efforts but it will worth when your visa comes :)

Also I will add if you have subcribe in facebook, check you yahoomail inbox they're on your inbox!

But I would suggest you use Yahoo messenger or skype then do the 1st one I told you PRTSC (print screen)..

It will be only additional proof on what Hank says! and I agree with Hank!

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.