flybird

Front load the extra stuff at the early I-130 stage?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I and my wife are doing CR1 and we are at the initial stage preparing the initial I-130 package. I had understood that this initial stage does not request mountains of support documents such as communications, travel receipts, wedding pictures, etc. However, I have heard more lately that it is good and/or preferable to provide all of that up front at the start even though it is not requested. Do you agree? Why?

What are the cons and pros? Are there really significant benefits to it?

Do the US officials actually start working on the second stage based on the documents provided extra early in the first stage? On one hand, I would like to be proactive and early. On the other hand, maybe doing all those extra stuff will a few more weeks delay in getting the first package out.

Does it really matter one way or another?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I and my wife are doing CR1 and we are at the initial stage preparing the initial I-130 package. I had understood that this initial stage does not request mountains of support documents such as communications, travel receipts, wedding pictures, etc. However, I have heard more lately that it is good and/or preferable to provide all of that up front at the start even though it is not requested. Do you agree? Why?

What are the cons and pros? Are there really significant benefits to it?

Do the US officials actually start working on the second stage based on the documents provided extra early in the first stage? On one hand, I would like to be proactive and early. On the other hand, maybe doing all those extra stuff will a few more weeks delay in getting the first package out.

Does it really matter one way or another?

It has been mentioned by others that front load is really important for some countries and not so much for others.

What country are you/your wife coming from?

If I were you, I would send in everything I have now with the I-130 and not wait extra weeks to gather the documents. And while I-130 is being process, I would get everything else to front load in addition to what is needed for the second step, NVC. Average wait is around 5-6 months between USCIS and NVC, so that should give you enough time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Case Progress subforum to the Process forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I front loaded alot, I sent in about 150 pictures, copy of airline tickets, copy of foreign passport, pages of phone records, among other things.

I was going to send copies of text messages but then I decided against it because it would have been over 50 pages just for one month alone

Edited by Persepolis

It's better to send evidence before the interview so with the I-130 or ds-230. This way the CO can look at it because they often make their decision before you show up and an interview may simply confirm or change that opinion. They do not have to look at anything you bring to an interview. Also you should supply evidence with the I-130 because the USCIS can deny a petition based off of lack of evidence but they normally RFE for it first.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Two things to think about -

if you just married last month - you won't have a pile of bonafide marriage evidence. You'll have some, but not a pile.

If the casefile is headed to Guangzhou or Lagos, it makes sense to front-load the I-130 as these are high-fraud IV Units.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

In response, the country is Thailand. (I am the original poster.)

How does that affect things?

Next question: although I read a book, I haven't double checked what is the nature of each of the next steps. Is there not a second step that is specifically dedicated to providing the 2nd load, I mean, a step in which they will get the 2nd load and are dedicated to looking at it systematically before everything else (the interview)? I know, I should read all of the the website first. Maybe you can send me some links.

I can't speak for Thailand or anything, but as for my personal experience I only ever sent proof with the I-130. All I had were some pictures of us together over the years in different places, photocopies of my passport showing I had visited England every year, and an affidavit from my mother stating that she attended the wedding at that our relationship was genuine. I never sent any other proof, although my husband did take more things with him to his interview, which they never asked to see. His was a pretty easy interview though. I have heard that some are more taxing than others. I would just suggest that you gather whatever evidence you can and take it to the interview with you, in case they ask to see it. Best of luck.

In response, the country is Thailand. (I am the original poster.)

How does that affect things?

Next question: although I read a book, I haven't double checked what is the nature of each of the next steps. Is there not a second step that is specifically dedicated to providing the 2nd load, I mean, a step in which they will get the 2nd load and are dedicated to looking at it systematically before everything else (the interview)? I know, I should read all of the the website first. Maybe you can send me some links.

Did you read what I wrote? You can send in evidence with the I-130 or with the DS-230 which is at the NVC stage.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.